I'm Korra Sue! I'm the next Avatar no matter what you think! I'm a brave LGBT female PoC who mastered 3 of the elements...

I'm Korra Sue! I'm the next Avatar no matter what you think! I'm a brave LGBT female PoC who mastered 3 of the elements while I was still in the crib! Everyone I'm around falls in love with me, I even turn girls into lesbians when there was nothing to suggest that they were lesbians beforehand! I don't really need to learn anything because I'm so awesome. In fact, my friends don't even matter! All that matters is how great I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=lfMBM7ZSfoS5WbJg0uEah0&board=29.0
reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Aang was so heterosexual his female reincarnation became a lesbian

>All that matters is how great I am.
non sue behavior. more accurate would be some really generic statement about how important my friends are blah blah

Spinoffs are good. What a lie.

why do people act like Bryke didn't explicitly address that Korra has failed continuously? At the end of season 3, she basically has PTSD over her failure

nice dubs

And then in season 4 they blame it all on the mercury that's still in her body.

Was Korra really as bad as E;R makes it sound?

>I'm the next Avatar no matter what you think!
But isn't that true?

I hold the very unpopular opinion that book 1 was the best and it steadily got worse, with books 2 & 3 just being okay and book 4 being absolute shit.

Has any Avatar ever failed at their job as bad as Korra?

alpha as fuck

Because everything came easy to her, she had to learn humility.

Korra was a lot of stuff, but a Mary Sue she ain't. The show itself shat way too much on her for that to be true.

No. Korra THINKS it's the mercury, but after the last traced were out of her system she still had PTSD and had to confront Zaheer to finally get over it. Didn't you watch the show?

Removing the mercury didn't even completely fixed her though. She still jobbed against kuvira afterwards.

>dark Korra is implied to be a hallucination
>nvm a spirit can see her so she must be something else, maybe another spirit?
>she just fucking disappears after the fight with Kuvira

So, she's gonna come back in the comics, right?

She still suffers from mental trauma after the mercury is removed you uncultured swine.

Korra is the perfect argument against inclusivity
When someone brings it up just point at Korra and say that's what's wrong with it
If you don't get what I mean don't bother sending me to pol, go back to Tumblr you are pretty much a bot already

>My perfect waifu gets hurt and has to be nursed back to health by me so she has a reason to love me back

Well, let's check.

>flubbed the entire Equalist thing from beginning to end until Amon was defeated literally by pure happenstance
>had to have Aang give her bending back to her
>willfully conspired with an obvious Mustache Twirling Saturday Morning Cartoon Supervillain to start a war and open the spirit gates, causing untold pain and suffering to millions
>got all her past lives fucking murdered
>left the spirit gates open despite everyone in two fucking worlds screaming at her that it was a really bad idea
>sucked at her job so bad that another war happened, resulting in the earth kingdom getting forty dicks up its ass

I'm sure there's a ton more examples of her shittiness to list but thinking about all this horseshit is making me depressed.

tl;dr No, nobody has ever failed as bad as Korra.

Korra's not treated as perfect by the show, though. People on Sup Forums think she has failures that were never addressed so they think it means she gets away with everything when she doesn't.

Maybe. Apparently she has to deal with some spirit hybrid dude in the second vol of the Graphic Novel.

I usually just point and Rey from Star Wars to get my point across. At least Korra is hot.

>Sup Forums will take this bait
Next time you plan on disagreeing with someone who says Sup Forums is beyond saving, remember this thread.

The worst part is she's going to be the only past life the next Avatar has to ask for advice from. Not to mention it's guaranteed she will leave some sort of issue and conflict the next one will have to deal with.
That earthbender Avatar is sooo fucked.

The previous water Avatar. But mostly because Yangchen was such a fucking tyrant even after her death the world was so damn peaceful he neglected shit.

>Korra's not treated as perfect by the show, though.

And yet everything still works out for her. Usually without her actually having to do anything. The problem wasn't that people in the show didn't think she was terrible, the problem was that she never fucking learned to not be terrible.

I mean, just from observation Sup Forums is pretty much cancer when it comes to Korra.

Water tribe Avatars prove to be shitters.

Honestly it's not like Aang's past lives were that much of help. Roku for example gave meh advice and here and there strong armed Aang.
Didn't Aang in the comics actually try to find a way so that his past lives couldn't actively interefere anymore or did I hear that wrong?

Book 4 was FILLED with "I can't do that, old me did stuff like that and all it did was cause trouble" moments for Korra. She actively tried to avoid acting like her old self.

>pic related

You could argue it's the fault of the Air avatars before them.
At least they weren't beaten by a street rat like Avatar Jafar.

Aang temporarily cut off his connection to Roku because Roku kept insisting he kill Zuko. It weakened his connection with his other past lives though so he had to restore it.

>Make the Avatar a stronk PoC lesbian womyn
>She's the biggest fuckup of an Avatar to ever exist

What did Bryke mean by this?

It's been half a decade and you're still this mad?

I wonder if Mako just gave up on relationships and remained celibate since his dick apparently makes chicks into lesbians.

Half of Korra's screentime in Book 4 was her apologizing for her fuck ups and try to avoid acting like her old self. When Suyin asked her to destory Kuvira's army Korra's first reaction was that they should TALK where her old self would've taken fighting as the first option.
It's like you purposefully ignore stuff like that.

Just a thought, but could that retroactively have caused Korra's problem to connect to her past lives before the end of Book 1?
Like a stain on the soul or some such shit?

Bryan implied he'll find someone else and I'd say there's a good chance they'll bring back the dating Izumi's daughter plotline that they dropped from the show.

>Suyin
God just thinking of her makes me mad. The shit she pulled in book 4 infuriates me.

Oh no! A character who's physically powerful loses fights?! WORST. SHOW. EVER.

Really now? That's like saying, "Aang shouldn't be so strong because he's a peaceful lightfooted monk. FUCK THIS SHOW IS INCONSISTENT! REEEEE!!!"

No, it's just called a fucking juxtaposition. Fucking cancer.

I'd say Zuko has her beat, seing how he raised Avatar's version of Angela Merkel who probably still pays Tenzin for "muh gorillion Air Nomads"

And Zuko never seemed to learn not to job.

I'd guess not because I think it only lasted a month or two tops and Aang was like 15 when he did it.

>Book 4
It took 4 seasons before she started being less retarded?

Yeah, if she didn't escalate shit then Korra wouldn't have been forced to fight actually.
Instead of raging how "Korra got away with everything and learned nothing!" people should bitch about Suyin who litterally got away with everything.

>She actively tried to avoid acting like her old self.

And yet someone still managed to both act like her old self and continue to be terrible. Because she never fucking learned any lessons.

>That earthbender Avatar is sooo fucked.

See, now, that's a show I would watch.

>Episode 1: the sages find and begin to train Avatar Ted
>Episode 2: the sages tell Avatar Ted how badly Korra fucked everything up and he briefly meets with her spirit
>Episode 3: Avatar Ted locks himself in his room and cries for 22 minutes
>Episode 4: Avatar Ted sings "Fuck This Shit I'm Out" to a crowd of onlookers and then shoots himself in the head live on stage

It's a miniseries.

Long term damage maybe. I mean why did Korra have a problem to learn airbending of all things and some bloodbending fucked her chakras up then she got it?

I'd argue she was already better in Book 3, if still a little hotheaded. But her Book 4 version definitely calmed down considerably.

Also one of the postive things people seem to forget about Korra that she's great with kids.

>When Suyin asked her to destory Kuvira's army Korra's first reaction was that they should TALK where her old self would've taken fighting as the first option.

>Hey, maybe we should talk to Kuvira.
>No, fuck you. Go fight her.
>Okay.

DIDN'T. LEARN. SHIT.

>Because she never fucking learned any lessons.
That's horseshit and you know it.

Did you miss the part where Kuvira agreed to temporarily stand down and Su said screw that and tried to sneak into her camp to fucking murder her? It's 100% Su's fault that the situation at Zaofu went to shit.

It wasn't always this way. Back when the show was still airing and up to and including the finale you could talk freely about Korra, both the character and the show, on Sup Forums.

There was usually two threads up at one time.

One thread was more of a general and ATLA was talked about too. It was relatively comfy.

The other thread was just people who hated the show and circlejerked about hating it.

After the finale, the general died out but the hater thread grew and got extremely autistic. For all of 2015 there was never a day without a thread just to circlejerk hating the show.

Those threads died out too eventually, but people who probably regularly posted in them like to come occasionally make threads to hate on TLOK and will invade every ATLA thread and hijack it.

Nigga, Korra only faught Kuvira after SUYIN tried to ambusg Kuvira at night and forced Korra's hand. Korra herself wanted to talk and convince Kuvira of just leaving Zaofu alone because they wanted nothing to do with anything outside theri city anyway.

Korra is not perfect she is clearly too sexy and strong

god right

Korra's a great character

Star wars 7 is not really starwars at all
It has the same shitty writing as tho Disney channel live action shows do, I was expecting them to dress like Chewbacca and sneak into the ship or something while a laughter track played

Roku was the one who started all the shit in the show by being a pussy in the first place
It pretty much lifts the blame off aangs shoulders because how shitty he was, ang run away once, as a kid. Roku run away from being the avatar his entire fucking life

I'd still say Rey is miles worse than Korra

Too little too late
Also gigant robot out of nowhere, that was so fucking shitty. We see the Canon as this innovative new dangerous Manhattan project technology that could change the world but they also had a gigant robot, a gigant robot that's not even being operated by metal benders or something? Fuck you

It is not the Air avatars' fault that they were so awesome. It is the Water avatars' fault for not living up to their predecessors' legacies

And top bending was a crucial plot point that paid off

>Aang
>Awesome
Now let's not talk crazy here

I remember Korra being cancer, those they look so happy threads and the never ending shit parade with shills defending everything, Korra could have taken a shit and they would have praised as delicious chocolate
I remember arguing with someone at the beginning of season four who ended up admiting he never even watched season two and skipped it after two hours of defending it
You must be confusing Sup Forums with tumblr

Aang had at least so,e growth as a character, Korea from the outset is "I'm the avatar, you gotta deal with it". She never grows she barely accepts that she's an inferior avatar not just to her predecessor, but to all of them, and acts like her word is law.
Korra was a mistake they should have rolled for anew one once she started talking

>She never grows
Good job ignoring the points where that statement was proven wrong in this very thread.

Well she can fly the millennium falcon better than solo even tho she was stranded in the desert since she was a child
I can't argue with that bullshit, at least people didn't defend it

>a lesbian
bisexual

Such as?
She tries talking once before giving up and having a fight instead
The one fucking time fighting someone actually made sense?
Is that it?

>at least people didn't defend it
are you high? People have been defending Rey up and down since the movie came out

I'm not confusing anything, you must be. I was posting in the threads in Seasons 3 and 4

You know what's awesome about aang? Want is not zuko
If avatar was about zuko killing want then having a different villain each new season, never considering his mistakes, never failing, never having to question things, always getting away with everything then avatar would have been the same show as korra
Korra really suffers from not having a second protagonist who does everything different, it could be the same situation as the original but reversed or something

Even at the end, when she had Kuvira beaten down with the Mech in tatters she still tried to reason with her by telling her to simply fuck off and leave Republic City alone.
Or instead of undermining and antagonizing Raiko like she did in the past she went along with him and respects his authority.

But let's forget that because when it turned out she likes carpet too Sup Forums had to collectively lose it's shit because Sup Forums is apparently Sup Forums too.

I was posting in threads before the first episode aired you fucking Tumblr newfag, no wonder you are so fucking stupid, were you even old enough to watch the original show?

So the show is good because the character actually does the right thing at the very last episode, after 4 fucking seasons?
How can you justify watching this crap?
Don't worry, it gets good in the last five minutes?
Mind you Korra is the tip of the iceberg with everything wrong with the show, she is what you nottice the most

I wouldn't had complained about Korra being lesbians if asami was an actual character, their relationship made sense, it was good and i didn't have to find out because of a tweet a month after the show ended

>Even at the end, when she had Kuvira beaten down with the Mech in tatters she still tried to reason with her by telling her to simply fuck off and leave Republic City alone.
>Or instead of undermining and antagonizing Raiko like she did in the past she went along with him and respects his authority.
>leave Republic City alone
It was already in shambles because-
>respects his authority
-Korra decided to keep fighting after Raiko surrended.

Korra HAS to mess up or lose otherwise the idea in Brykes' heads can't work; no matter how little sense in makes.

>How can you justify watching this crap?
I could ask the same about a lot of shit on Sup Forums, yet here we are and Korra is treated like the worst show to come out of this decade mostly because there are people assblasted.
If you ask me the biggest problem Korra had going was that it was nothing special. Just your average action cartoon, which is a dying genre anyways.

To be fair Korra wasn't the only one that still wanted to fight. Hell Lin went behind Raiko's back and got Hiroshi out of prison to help.

>I was posting in threads before the first episode aired
We're not talking about those threads, why are you bringing them up?

> you fucking Tumblr newfag, no wonder you are so fucking stupid,
Wow how insecure are you? I say one thing you don't like so you start pulling out the buzzwords and ad hominem.

>were you even old enough to watch the original show?
I was just out of high school when ATLA started up.

At least the show was self aware Enough to kick her the fuck out of republic city, I actually empathized with everyone there telling her to get the fuck out after a metric ton of fuck ups
Shame they established a cool plot with the spirit world mixing with the human world just to go lol air benders and earth nation and never addressing the fact that trees were eating people again

The first season could have been good if they actually had written a compelling arc about the people who can't bend and their slip in society. Instead it turned into
>can't bend?get fucked if you your lot in life is worse

>Shame they established a cool plot with the spirit world mixing with the human world just to go lol air benders and earth nation and never addressing the fact that trees were eating people again
Well the Graphic Novel might pick that up again. Notice the dude.

You could ask the same about a ton of shit on Co and you would be absolutely right, what's your point? Other things are also bad?
>Treated like the worst
It's objectively the worst show that got any attention here whatsoever, the only reason people paid attention to it after season two was the never ending bait in the board
>If you ask me
I didn't ask you, you are clearly the worst person to ask about this, I don't ask Tumblr about feminism or pol about Hitler either
See what I did there, I addressed both sides of the retarded coin so you don't get to Boogeyman me

Hey I may have a tiny dick and a foot fetish but at least I have taste

Great they ruined cartoons and now they want to ruin comics too

>It's objectively the worst show that got any attention here whatsoever, the only reason people paid attention to it after season two was the never ending bait in the board
Now that's a lie if I ever heard one. Korra even got a fucking sticky for it's finale.
Also the Thundercats revival got Sup Forumss attention and was fucking worse.

>See what I did there, I addressed both sides of the retarded coin so you don't get to Boogeyman me
Oh you sure showed me, whatever shall I do now?

Marvel has them beat on that front.

>Shame they established a cool plot with the spirit world mixing with the human world
I will never understand why they needed to do that in such a retarded way as "korra letting the portals open" because 'spirits are good.. amirite?'.

Is it that hard to simply say she couldn't close them anymore? seriously, half of the plot-holes in S02 could be fixed very easily.

>Is it that hard to simply say she couldn't close them anymore? seriously, half of the plot-holes in S02 could be fixed very easily.
Why wouldn't the Avatar be able to close them again if Wan could close them back when it was just him doing the closing?

Raava being too weak?

>I actually empathized with everyone there telling her to get the fuck out after a metric ton of fuck ups
The only person who wanted her out was Raiko because the people kept going up to him for answers on what happened/what is happening. When he does tell her to leave the city (I don't recall it being the United Republic as a whole) the people gathered don't celebrate nor agree.

>Why wouldn't the Avatar be able to close them again
because Harmonic convergence was already over with. All they had to do is say that the portals couldn't be closed/open otherwise. Or perhaps just say that without the past lives the avatar state is too weak to close the portals.

Raava was small enough to fit inside a teapot back when Wan closed them. Raava was back to normal size when rebonding 4ever with Korra again.

It's absolutely hilarious to me that every other place or forum where ATLA and TLOK are discussed there are no issues and people can freely talk about what they like and what they dislike, but on Sup Forums if so much as even vaguely imply that Korra isn't literally the absolute worst thing to ever existed you are bombarded by a bunch of neckbeards telling you that you're wrong.

>because Harmonic convergence was already over with.
If you can open them before Harmonic Convergence starts, then why can't you close them once it is over?
And Wan didn't have the past lives, any of them ever, when he closed the portals so it isn't related to strength of the Avatar State otherwise Wan wouldn't be able to do that in the first place.

M8, Raava was gigantic when she merged with Korra again. She was even bigger than when she initially fused with Wan or when she was ripped out of Korra.

>It's absolutely hilarious to me that every other place or forum where ATLA and TLOK are discussed there are no issues and people can freely talk about what they like and what they dislike, but on Sup Forums if so much as even vaguely imply that Korra isn't literally the absolute worst thing to ever existed you are bombarded by a bunch of neckbeards telling you that you're wrong.
Do you have a link to a specific place or forum where discussion is actively occurring? Because the usual place like tumblr aren't getting LoK traffic but I constantly see notes and reblogs about AtLA.

>remember how hyped I was for Korra and Amon
>remember how all my interest died when it comes to find out that Amon is a waterbender and how sucky Korra is

Pretty sure Korra killed the Avatar series

I think that depends on what you consider "harmonic convergence". For that purpose, they could just extend it for a couple of weeks.

I know it's /reddit/ but the Avatar subreddit still discusses Korra(theyre even doing a rewatch right now) and the avatarspirit forums are active still

forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=lfMBM7ZSfoS5WbJg0uEah0&board=29.0

reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/

>Thundercats revival
i dont remember that one at all so im giving you a maybe
>whatever shall I do now?
an appology would be nice

>For that purpose, they could just extend it for a couple of weeks.
>can open the portals weeks in advance
>can't close them half an hour later
The portals, and Wan, were already a stupid idea anyway.