youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

disappointment

Mediocrity

Last season was like the same episode over and over again

>Let's have an overarching story!
>Let's invent it as we go along!
What a horrible combination of ideas.

Yeah. That was why I stopped watching like a decade ago. I found myself sitting there stone-faced, predicting who was gonna do what before it happened, and then having to wait for the "funny" surprises and twists which weren't funny to me anymore.
I just quit watching. Good to know I've not been missing much.

Stone and Parker misreading the political climate horribly.

Spoiler: we won.

Season would have still been boring overall even if Trump had lost.

2015's season was actually quite good.

Sure, but lets say for a moment that hillary won, how it would've ended?

Parker and Stone just cannot fucking write for the long game. Even a 2-hour long movie is pushing it for them.

Rape increase from refugee vermin while a bunch of post rape femenazis rethink their rethoric. Actually, it mightve been good in the long run as it wouldve shutted these pc cunts up for good

South Park, probably

Anti-Trump garbage with a hint of comedy but atleast it also mocks shillary.

The 2 previous seasons prior to last were really good. They started toying with continuity and it worked. Last season they planned only one story and it backfired.

A complete and total trainwreck.

I watched season 19 as it aired and it was amazing. Even rewatched it again not long after it was that good.

Then season 20 comes along with all these hopes and expectations and not only does it not deliver on them, but it actually winds up being so bad that i could easily rank it as one of the worst seasons in the whole series. You could probably write a book on how many ways they just fucked up.

Didn't they change the ending because they thought Hillary was going to win?

Literally makes no sense. Decade ago story structure was completely different. Honestly it feels like the writers shake things up every 5 years.

So saying you stopped watching 10 years ago is hardly relevant to the reason why the recent season was so mediocre.

It really is the worst season of South Park in recent memory.

Think what you like, but I stopped watching then for the exact same reason the guy I was responding to said: It felt like they were repeating themselves, over and over.

your pic is Matt and Tray's forced meme

That's the official story yes.

Build up, build up, build up, build up, zero payoff.

this.

You'll think the first two or three episodes are the best, then it all goes down hill fairly quickly and the finale is the biggest disappointment ever.

But Bigger, Longer and Uncut was fantastic.

It's like saying you stopped watching Doctor Who 50 years ago because the graphics were shitty, when someone else says modern Doctor Who's graphics are shitty.

Its pretty far apart to try and relate. You two are basically watching different shows.

I thought it was the worst season by a wide margin.

THIS.
FUCKING THIS.

Trey and Matt drop the ball on these last 2 seasons, i realize they can only do proper story-lines on 3 parters, cause each episode is essentially an act.

This

though in my opinion it got a bit rushed at the end of S19

I don't 'member.

It's called the end of serialization though, so I think they're going back to single episode plot structure. or just retiring on that fat Book of Mormon broadway nest egg.

I unno, I'm kind of over them. I've been picking up a few well written animes instead.

Was the terrible last season the reason the game got delayed? I hope this was a wake up call to ditch the overarching plots. Member Berries?! THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT?!

Why are those fucking berries so insufferably triggering.?

The ending was kind of out of nowhere i thought too but this video's analysis of it really helped tie it together. Even though i still feel the ending was a little rushed it feels a bit more cohesive now and just gave me a greater appreciation for how good Season 19 was and how much better it was than 20.

youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU

Because its the same joke beaten to death that doesnt mesh well with the story, if at all

>south park fags actually believe this

Please i think season 19 got stagnated with some filler episodes that introduced plot elements that seemed like they belong in the story but were ignored, like the Douchebag guy at the Whole Foods Market, did he dissapear along with the mall? what hapenned to the whole ISIS thing? Randy's supposed affair with that woman? the whole gun thing?, seems like the last 3 episodes were rushed.

To be fair, i think the solution should be that Comedy Central...........well, Viacom, stop doing shitty shady things with their properties, and give southpark at the very least 14 episodes again per season, because having to wait an entire year just for 10 episodes is a major kick in the balls for everyone and everything, the show, the writers, trey and Matt, and of course us, cause at least with the 14 episodes seasons, they can give us a 7 episode batch and do hiatus and continue the same year.

Ok i know that now Hiatus are just as bad, and they are, but honestly, i would like that they would give them 20 episodes per season, or at the very least 18 episodes, and at much, only having 3 months per hiatus.

Also i miss the Christmas episodes.

I dont think some of those were really "plot" relevant things. They were more like episodic things. That Whole Foods clerk was only for that specific episode. I dont really feel like any of the episodes were stagnated, they all served a purpose.

As for the scheduling i dont really know what the deal is with that. One season a year is fucked up but Matt and Trey always seem to be doing something, whether it's SP related or not.

If its your first time viewing, don't. Badly wrtitten plot that got worse as the season went on.

The hell is a well written anime

fpbp

Unpopular opinion:
That movie is the single best thing to come out of south park and everything else has been them tryng to recapture the lightning that made it great, with increasingly worse results.

Serial Experiment Lain is fucking sweet.

Mononoke
A Time of Eve
Shin Sekai Yori if you can get past the tonal ambiguity of the first arc

>Unpopular opinion
Nigga that's general consensus.

You're in for a season long arching plot they made up on a per week basis as they went along.

Lots of Trump and Star Wars bashing. I can handle the Trump shit but the Star Wars jokes felt like they made this whole season and the concept of member berries solely because they didn't like the new SWs

Then people have been coming my way. I warned Sup Forums they would try going for a long-running narrative once they began to lose their comedic timing in the misguided search of making the seasons be more like a longer BLU and was called a pessimist faggot for it.

I might like dick, but the fact they didn't even consider it bothered me most.

They build loads of things up per episode. Do they deliver? Nope just ditch it by the next episode.

Also the spseason had two jokes that they like to remind us every 200th time per episode.

I liked it ...
best season for me so far.
I died laughing at this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs

I that that scene was aight.

Wasnt worth wadding through 100 smart and funny "jokes".