Can I get some scary comic/cartoon recommendations?

Can I get some scary comic/cartoon recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/thriller/chiller/bongcheon-dong-ghost-horang/viewer?title_no=536&episode_no=22
youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU
youtu.be/L0K6Cb1ZoG4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1orKoppoQSu5Pd1ydvRz7tF1dWc2vsqZ
watch2gether.com/rooms/spookathon-5x6iugqtj4d2zru6hd
youtube.com/watch?v=l9xX6lQ_gdY
youtu.be/rXUb4gdgpbI
kissmanga.com/Manga/Itou-Junji-Kyoufu-Manga-Collection/Vol-012-Ch-005--The-Back-Alley?id=332330
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone got the English translation of the comic op's image is from?

God I remember this shit. It fucking traumatized me as a kid.

>long dong bong ghost

FUCK YOU FOR POSTING THIS

webtoons.com/en/thriller/chiller/bongcheon-dong-ghost-horang/viewer?title_no=536&episode_no=22

I remember this

Childhood traumas aside, does anyone actually know any scary cartoons? It doesn't seem to be something that's explored often and I've been quite interested in seeing what the animation medium could do with the genre. I know there's some anime that go into horror but it's not what I'm after.

Parts of Over the Garden Wall.

Is this that comic that auto scrolls once you get to a certain point?

Through the Wood by Emily Carrol

Especially the His Face All Red story

>wow, it's a jumpscare where you wouldn't expect one because most online comic viewers only allow static images

Kek, as I was typing that I was going to say
>something that's actually scary, not like OTGW
But I figured nah. I know the animation medium is generally aimed at kids so it's asking for a bit much, but I've got to imagine something is out there. OTGW wasn't really scary at all, I reckon some other things aimed at kids might be but I don't know of them

*Through the Woods

I don't know if this answers your question, but there's a script that causes 2 videos(?) to play automatically when you scroll down to a certain point.

youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU

You will feel a mix of everything.

Fuck off, Emily. Stop shilling your shit comic.

youtu.be/L0K6Cb1ZoG4

Like anything by Junji Ito
The one everyone always talks about is the Enigma of Amigara Fault, but all of his works are really good

I posted an offer in the other horror thread but that's almost dead so I'll bump here since it's a little more relevant:

I have literal hours of horror cartoon material. Seriously, hours and hours and hours of it. I streamed some of the stuff the other night and some anons seemed to like it.

Would anyone be down for a Sup Forumsrror stream? I found some new shorts, movies, and music videos for the night if you guys are up for it, and I could use the company while I draw.

Also, for those who missed that stream, here's the full playlist that we watched.It's out of order slightly, watch t is for toilet before ghost burger since its part of the same story.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1orKoppoQSu5Pd1ydvRz7tF1dWc2vsqZ

You fuck off, tasteless fag.

The only tasteless one here is a faggot who's shilling for a godawful comic with a godawful art.
No wonder horror is dying with low standards people have these days.

EC Comics, Creepshow if you want to be lazy and have the stories be told to you. Creepshow 1 is good, 2 is meh, never saw 3.

All tomorrows is pretty good

is that sasuke from the massively popular shonen jump naruto?

I should read Erma again

Sauce on the story?

>That time he made a bunch of promotional art for Pokemon
Ask /vp/, they'll give you the whole story

You feeling it, user?

The only problem is his endings are often really stupid in a unique way, if there's even an ending.

That sounds cool and these videos are things I actually haven't seen before. If you have more like this, go for it.

It's honestly a pretty optimistic book with a solid message, all things considered.

Some grim imagery, though.

Posting Junji is like posting the Goon ona feels thread at this point is cheating, we can also argue that a lot of people dosen't feel scare by junji work, but rather disgusted

Wait the pictures comes with a story?

>have acne problems before reading Junji Ito
>read Glyceride
>got strict enough with my acne care routine and got my face clear in a week and a half

Anything by Al Columbia or Richard Corben.

Alan Moore's Providence is pretty good as well.

Fuck, I remember this from back in the day. Scared both me and my classmates in middle school

>wow it's just thing simplified and broken down after the fact it has happened

Don't be a fucking idiot all your life, user.

Junji Ito's Thing that Drifted Ashore.

It's ok, I just need to scroll down....

IT

WON'T

SCROLL

DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

>friends live one door over
>watch this shit and nope out
> it's late and I have to walk through the darkness to get home
That and those shitty ghost hunting apps were a great source of spooks.

Is this the one that starts autoscrolling half way through?

Yes

Something like that, yeah.

It's a shitty comic with a single shitty jumpscare that only works because most comic viewers have shit functionality.

ALRIGHT LADS, GET IN HERE
I'VE GOT A WEE TREAT FOR YOU TONIGHT

watch2gether.com/rooms/spookathon-5x6iugqtj4d2zru6hd

Bump, this guy's running "Where the Dead go to die."

Courage the Cowardly Dog

>nothing personal kid

Fuck that piece of garbage.

I like his open endings, he leaves you feeling unsettled, nothing is resolved

I'll look into this thanks
I'm interested in Sup Forums horror that isn't some edgy newgrounds crap

>ctrl+F
>no Beautiful Darkness
It's one of the most unsettling things I've seen not just in comics but in any medium in the recent years.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It's a pretty hard work to classify.

There are people who never heard of Junji Ito. Maybe seen his work without realizing.
By the way, what the hell is Goon?

That's some dark shit.

The tunnel baby ghost is way scarier

youtube.com/watch?v=l9xX6lQ_gdY

>not posting the link to Center Core Never More
>baka
youtu.be/rXUb4gdgpbI

>He's never heard of The Goon

Bruh

Start from Volume 1 and don't stop, whatever you do.

Nice post and nice get

Sonichu is horrifying.

>double satan get
>in a horror thread

This was a good day.

I admire your digists but that movie is gold.

FUUUUUUUUCK
HOLY HGNNNNN

Find me a creepier Ito Junji story than The Window Next Door.
Pro-tip: You can't

which story is this

The Nightmare Factory is good. Short stories with varying artists; da besto.

I've only read some of Thomas Ligotti's work though so it's been a pain trying to find some version, ANY version of Nightmare Factory 1 or 2.

The puppet family or the girl who keeps murdering people in the alley next to her house.

That ending is grim.

>ptsd intensifies
I never worked up the courage to go on after that panel

Is the story called "the girl who keeps murdering people in the alley next to her house"?

It would be a crime to leave this unchecked.

I don't think it was Juni Ito story, but the one where some kid looks through a telescope towards an apartment and sees some weird painting of himself with a twisted neck and some creepy lady(?) was particularly unsettling to me.

The Back Alley. That's it.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Itou-Junji-Kyoufu-Manga-Collection/Vol-012-Ch-005--The-Back-Alley?id=332330

I really liked Tomie as well. The Bully, Love As Scripted and Human Chair are great as well. Fuck, I'm going to stop at those three otherwise I'll be listing his titles.

Nice video ultra satan

List them user summer is almost here and I use creepy and spooky things to help keep me cool

If you want to laugh at how horrible it is, maybe.

Look up Uno Moralez.

Very satisfying ending, I don't need to see what happens.

I love supernatural justice.

Nothing better but knowing that the ghosts are only after people that deserve it.

Peur(s) du Noir
Perfect Blue (well, it's anime, but we're discussing Junji Ito here, so whatever)
Yami Shibai (season 1 was great, at least. Season 2 is mediocre with few moments of goodness. Season 3 is shit unless you watch it as a surreal comedy rather than horror)

uzumaki.

G'job Mega Satan

nice ultra combo satan

You're never the same after Shed 17.

Shed 17

I still haven't had the guts to watch this

You are a man of refined surreal-horror tastes. You can find a copy online pretty easily, but the wonky link blocks you from linking it here directly

user, the site I have you has everything Ito has every done. Find them yourself or just archive binge.

His endings can be very hit and miss but definitely he can end them well. I really liked that one in particular because, as you said, you don't need to see more but the way it's done is ghastly.

Perfect example of how much to show/tell, just like the window story.

Have a bond here seen Jennifer? I could story time it if I still have it.

Yep, that's the one. Thank you.
Nice dubs

Honestly it's more funny than it is scary at all.

The concept is a little unnerving, but I'd say it just ends up being a well written creepypasta

>Horror
Comics and Cartoons really can't be scary. It's impossible.

What was your routine?

Fear(s) of the Dark and Extraordinary Tales are good.

Comics are tricky, as they often get mixed up with other genres. Hellboy, BPRD, and Hellblazer are spectacular, but can feel very "cape comic" at times. Ostrander's Spectre run is great but is straight up superhero stuff. Swamp Thing falls somewhere in between.

Alberto Breccia does some good Lovecraft adaptations, good luck finding anything else in english. His kid Enrique did a good GN with Keith Giffen entitled "Lovecraft" for Vertigo that's pretty good. Richard Corben has a lot of scattered stuff.

There's plenty I'm missing but those are some of the most memorable ones for me.

Some manga mixed in, but whatev:

Pim & Francie: The Golden Bear Days

The Furry Trap

Hideout (manga)

I Am A Hero (manga)

First arc of New 52 Animal Man that Travel Foreman did was pretty creepy

Go fuck yourself. It's a free comic that's been available for years. Nobody shills for a comic that old you paranoid cocksucker.

>It doesn't seem to be something that's explored often
dude if you type "top 10 scary cartoons" in YT or Google you get thousands of results

It's also a completely terrible comic that only shills or tasteless idiots would want to read it even for free.
Actually, I wouldn't reread that trash even if you paid me.

His face all red is pretty great, though.

I would say THe Furry Trap needs the caveat of "if you're into that sort of thing".

I like it personally, but know a LOT of people that just find it to be a cringeworthy edge fiasco cover to cover.