*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

They died on the way to their home planet to make room for browned rice, flying Hillary and sjw mon mothma

Nuwars legit had so much potential.

Knights of Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

I assumed the red guys were the other knights of ren, were they not?

*retcons your existence*

No it didn't

What I want to happen:
>Each of the Knights of Ren went off to start their own Sith academies and are building up a new Sith Order to back the First Order, like the Jedi Order backed the Old Republic.

What will probably happen:
>Knights of Ren are going to appear as cartoon villains and die at the hands of Rey and the #RESISTance

It should have just kept ripping off EU, and it would have been a 8/10

Guess it's not the first thing crashed by a Kennedy

>Skips to next movie
Nothing personell, kids

It would be the height of stupidity if they were the Knights of Ren and we never heard about it. You would think there would be some words exchanged after Kylo kills their master.

They had a sick design, shame they were retconned out of existence

>There had been substantial reports that extensve fight scenes, including impressive wire work, had been filmed in Ireland, leading many to hope for a confrontation between Luke and Rey against Kylo and his Knights.

WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

no those are the Praetorian Guard, Snoke's boys.

Of course it did, but the mouse killed off any chances of that

You mean Sheev's

No they were the Praetorian Guard, an update of the royal guard and there were 8 of them

The Knights of Ren are other fallen students from Luke's academy, so no.

So are they the jedi padawans that kylo ren took?

Star Wars IV: 2/10

Star Wars V: 3/10

Star Wars VI: 1/10

Star Wars I: 1/10

Star Wars II: 2/10

Star Wars III: 2/10

Star Wars VII: 1/10

Star Wars VIII: 1/10

Some ideas of this series had potential if didn't decide to market it towards children/young adults..

It is a shame so many adults take the lore seriously though...................................

yes, and Luke even mentions that Kylo didn't kill everyone in his academy, that some of them joined him.

Pretty likely. The real question is WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?

Though how Luke knows this is questionable. He was KOed the whole time. I'm sure he looked at the bodies, but maybe some had escaped or just burned up or whatever.

I actually feel bad for JJ. The Force Awakens was far from a masterpiece but it certainly added some interesting questions to the franchise, but they were so quickly thrown away by Rian Johnson's take on the franchise.
I don't understand what the next film is going to be other than a series of battles happening to wrap up the trilogy.
Good luck to JJ. He'll need it.

Rian just ignored it. JJ was invested in that idea so he might bring them back but Episode IX is bound to be messy

*yell the knights of ren are non-canon now* and run while they are distracted by the legions or angry Star Wars fans.

The Knights of Ren will be the primary villains in Episode 9. Luke mentions that many of his students at the academy joined Ben when he turned. Silly that everyone thinks they are retconned just because we haven't seen them.

>Rian Johnson's take
It has studio rewrites all over it

It probably had like six writers, plus two for the porg scenes

You don't deserve to know what a Ren is!

That's what you get for hiring the pretentious hack, who made the fly episode in Breaking Bad.

Rian was the main writer. Mark and him said so.

If you care about anything after Lucas sold the rights, you are not a Star Wars fan

DUDE DECONSTRUCTION LMAO

I don't know. Snoke getting killed and Rey's parentage being revealed so early just seemed like it was there because Rian didn't like those ideas and wanted rid of them. There's nothing left to explain. With the Prequels you knew where you were headed, the downfall of the Jedi and the rise of the Empire. Same with the Original trilogy. This set just seems to be heading nowhere which is a shame because it started out like it could be going somewhere.

JJ did what he always does, make up a bunch of questions without answers to trick people into investing in the """mystery""". None of that shit mattered. Based Rian dismantled that retardation and made a movie with the characters he was given.

uhhhh they were snoke's gaurd you mongs

No they weren't.

Bomb yourself to fucking oblivion

it would have been absolutely retarded if rays parents were someone of note

At least reveal it later. You could have it build up like it was someone then reveal the truth. Look at the new Blade Runner which did the same thing.

He is not wrong

Look at Lost

BUT THAT'S A STORY

FOR ANOTHER MOVIE

BUT NOT THE NEXT ONE, I HAVE A UNION DISPUTE.

>should I develop these characters JJ left me?
>nah, fuck it. too much work.
>Snoke is some guy
>Rey's parent's are nobody
>Knights of who?

Great writing. Truly breath taking.

The Praetorian Guard are 8 warriors to protect Snoke, there's 6 Knights of Ren and it was a different idea

I was just thinking about this the other day. How much better would the films be if it was about Kylo Ren hunting down the last of the Jedi with his pals? I wish they had gone in more of a Ninja Scrolls direction where each opponent had a different set of abilities.

Instead we get the most vanilla take on Star Wars imaginable with a predictable plot and flat characters. Such a shame.

>Making shit up

>Snoke is some guy
>He also acts like a completely different person and looks different
Thanks Rian

>WAAAAAHHHH MY FANFIC THEORIES DIDN'T COME TRUE THIS MOVIE SUCKS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

naisu reference

why don't the lightsabers react to the rain?

>hating the lack of any development on built up ideas means I had some stupid theory about them
>this is the average Disney brainlet

>that's a story for another day

Because Jar Jar Abrams isn't a visionary

>we could have had a 7-samurai rip-off
I'd be okay with this

Name a single thing from Nu-Wars that will still be talked about in 10 years, even the prequels have a timeless feeling to them.

It's truly the best example of deconstruction since End of Evangelion and Utena

How disappointing the second film was.

Han Solo and Luke dying

Luke's character assassination.

>those plot points are too hard to follow for my poor brain. Let throw all of them in the trash.

BB8

This might be my autism, but old Lucasfilm felt like just a bunch of nerds doing what they wanted, and Lucasarts was the same.
Lucas might have been a hack, but even for the prequels he got a bunch of talented people together who seemingly loved what they were doing
Apart from some later examples, they felt like places you'd want to explore and had interesting creatures. Podracing, Naboo or Coruscant were all cool places, especially for kids.
Even most of the EU was "I want to make something cool because I love Star wars"

Nu-wars is one half "we need to fulfill this quarter's quotas and margins of synergy" and another half of "I hate Star wars, and everyone who likes Star wars"
There is nothing in these films a kid or a fan would find cool

It's not fanfic when the KOR made it into Episode 7 and then just aren't talked about again

So how the fuck did they even recover Luke's saber from goddamn gas giant?

>make an actual, functioning rolling, magnetic robot
>nobody cares because CGI killed the magic of cinema
Sad!

Its a shame they killed off every one of these characters in the throne room after they killed snoke.

Not the same thing

*is completely pointless and doesn't have anything to do with anything*

You got any women with you? No?

Then you don't stand a chance.

One of them could be a woman

>The Force Awakens added some interesting questions to the franchise
Literally name 1 (ONE)

The Farce Awakens was an unashamed ANH rehash, while The Last Jedi was a RotJ rehash. The directors have nothing to do with these movies, they are already written and planned out to sell as much as possible, the "directors" are just the ones to take the fall if the movie is badly received.

i agree with this, i remember feeling my heart sink when i heard he had penned that deal
then they closed lucasarts and axed all future star wars games and that was when it truly died, everything else is zombie nu-wars

>who cares about plot!!!! Gib explozhians!!!!

*blocks your path*

what will you say when they never get mentioned again ever or will you just forget about that and move onto some other bullshit to defend you spineless sjw disney shill

What has Luke been doing?
How will the galaxy look without any form of government?
What are the Knights of Ren?
Who is Snoke?
There's a few.

Here's Rian's answers:
>What has Luke been doing?
Wishing he was dead.
>How will the galaxy look without any form of government?
The exact same.
>What are the Knights of Ren?
Who?
>Who is Snoke?
An old man but he's dead now.

You know he will. It's a repeat of The Force Awakens when we were complaining about Snoke making 0 sense and them saying "Just wait for the next on you big baby! It's a trilogy"

>why does the resistance exist if the empire is defeated, and the first order are supposedly outcasts?
[silence]

The Republic probably didn't want a repeat of the last time when they had an army so they secretly funded the Resistance to fight the First Order for them.

They really should have just pulled an EU and said the empire was still around, and Snoke was some new Emperor, maybe even Sheev's clone or something

No he didn't Force Awakens was a shit with mistery box and red herrings without nothing inside

Buy our comics and books and maybeeeee you will know

T-thanks, Disney

This is why you don't let fans write movies. Can't believe how many retards actually wanted this anime shit in the movies. Would have looked ridiculous.