THIRTY FUCKING YEARS

THIRTY FUCKING YEARS
youtube.com/watch?v=F988JDDuFsQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English_versions_of_The_Simpsons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, exactly how long will the Simpsons last? I mean, it has to end EVENTUALLY, right?

I hope

Just like how Garfield will outlive Jim Davis, Simpsons will outlive Matt Groening

Did Maggie say "good night" at the end?

So was Bart originally supposed to be the intelligent child?

What turned out the lights at the end of the episode?

But can it outline Dan Castellaneta?

He's 59 now so I guess so.

The death/retirement of one of the actual Simpson family's VAs will be the major deciding point. There'll never be a stronger chance of finishing the show than that, but also if they instead decide to just replace them, it'll mean a ramping up from 'anything goes' to 'ANYTHING goes' for keeping the show adrift.
If they can push through THAT loss, it'll become clear the brakes aren't just not working, but completely absent.

when the sun has grown large and red in the sky and the earth is a dry wasteland, every few thousand years Stan Lee will crawl out of his tomb emaciated and weak, to approach the automated Simpson content generation system, still generating a season every year, to suck out a tiny bit of the only nourishment that sustains him and then crawls back to his resting place.

Julie Kavner doesn't really sound the way she used to. But she isn't exactly washed up. So who knows, considering most of the main cast only voices Simpsons family characters.

Mel Blanc kept going until he died at 81 (although the quality of his performances dropped off after about 1964 or so), so the Simpsons cast could stick around a while yet.

No but Nancy Cartwright was originally supposed to voice Lisa. There's two conflicting accounts of what happened. One of them is that she claims she thought Bart would be more fun to voice than Lisa, the other was that her voice didn't sound girly enough.

I'd say of the main cast, Harry Shearer is the shittiest and most uninvolved nowadays in terms of his performances, but he is in his 70s and has hated the show since 1993.

Too bad there's never been a DVD release of the Ullman shorts, but apparently Matt Groening is embarrassed about the first half of them and only wants the later ones that closer resembled the full length show's art style to see the light of day.

Rumour has it, season 30, apparently.

I'm pretty sure one of the first season DVD boxes has at least most of them on there.

Garfield is a cultural phenomenon, the Simpsons is a washed up Tv show no one cares about anymore. Simpsons is only going to survive as bootleg latin american shirts.
Matt is such a fucking hack, he should be embarrassed of his whole career.
Good riddance, no one is going to even react when that trash goes off TV.

Never fear, they've got stories for years.

The Simpsons was also a cultural phenomenon whether you like it or not

It was, but nowadays no one cares about it. They failed to quit when they were ahead, now everyone is going to remember the Simpsons as that family TV show that exemplifies zombie television.

>It was, but nowadays no one cares about it
Not sure how that currently differs from Garfield.

people still like Garfield

People also still like The Simpsons.

No, I don't

No, I don't

Yeah thats why they are at an all time low viewership, with multiple people dedicating long rants about when the Simpsons died.

And despite those people, some people still like The Simpsons just as some people still like Garfield.

Fascinating.

Then how does the show even continue?

Home network actively pushes for it, it can only pull semi-decent views on holidays and only with constant babysitting of the network. They don't want to admit their prized cow is going dry and will do anything for a popularity push. I speculate the only reason its being kept alive is because they want to cash nostalgiafags with the 30th and last season.

Jim Davis is still alive dude

He didn't say he was dead, he said that Garfield will outlive his creator.

>people still like Garfield
No one gives a fuck about Garfield anymore. Nowadays when people hear Garfield, they think about that shitty movie with Bill Murray
Then they laugh about how they made a joke about it in Zombieland

>No one gives a fuck about Garfield anymore.

Nigga, what?

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

>now everyone is going to remember the Simpsons as that family TV show that exemplifies zombie television
,,, and one of the most profitable and recognizable media franchises of all fucking time. Like literally aside from Star Wars and Harry Potter the most profitable.
Garfield is nowhere near comparable in terms of cultural impact or reach.

Nobody gives a shit about lasagnacat either.
>74k subscribers

>Star Wars
>Harry Potter

Simpsons is shit just like these two IPs.
Good comparison

That's like, your opinion, man.
Those franchises having a cultural impact beyond literally any other is fact.

Yeah and it's a shitty one made up of fan bases of annoying man children

I've never seen goal posts moved to hard so fast, before.

What are you talking about?
Star Wars and Harry Potter is shit.
Simpsons is too because they kept the show going way past its expiration date

Aren't all fanbases either kids or manchildren? Most adults have better shit to do than be part of a "fanbase".

Quality is literally irrelevant in the discussion at hand.

He's talking about you going from
>Garfield had a bigger cultural impact than the Simpsons
to
>but the Simpsons is bad

Nobody made an argument regarding the quality except you.

That's nice, but I never said that Garfield had a bigger cultural impact than the Simpsons

Garfield is the most viewed comic strip world wide and its the most syndicated comic strip to ever have existed, simpsons is only viewed in latin america. Garfield is a character designed to sell a shit ton of merchandise and it still sells currently, the Simpsons sold merchandise in the 90s and gets ripped off by chinese and mexican bootleggers. enjoy your blue shirt bart retard

I don't even know anyone who watches The Simpsons any more. And I don't just mean friends my age, older and younger family members too, I can't think of anyone I know who still watches it.

Do they just keep making the show to justify making the merch?

>Most adults have better shit to do than be part of a "fanbase"

Just waking up from a coma, huh?

What merchandise do they even have? I haven't seen a Simpsons shirt since the 90s and I haven't seen a Simpsons video game in like a decade

THEY SELL FUCKING NOTHING

>Garfield is a cultural phenomenon, the Simpsons is a washed up Tv show no one cares about anymore

Why are you quoting something I never said?

No, I just have a job and frequent people irl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English_versions_of_The_Simpsons

The Simpsons has still been widely more profitable in terms of merch than Garfield.

Why do you jump into arguments between other people and attempt to change the topic?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this thread was only for two specific people to have a conversation with each other

I'd really like to see some of this merchandise because I never do. They must not sell that shit in the US.

Big whoop, Garfield makes 1 Billion annually on merch alone. 4.6 Billion made in the Simpsons whole duration is shameful in comparison.
Its old stuff, no one buys that merch anymore.

>Garfield makes 1 Billion annually on merch
No it doesn't.

Yeah it earns more, that was an estimate done in 2003.

Care to provide source of any type outside of "I said so".
Because I'm literally not finding any figures on it.

>that was an estimate done in 2003.

Nevermind, found it, although it's something Davis said himself that one time and it gets quoted ad infinitum, so could be bullshit. He also says "between 750mil and 1bil". But still, he's probably not that far off.

Garfield is a cultural juggernaut while The Simpsons is a flash in the pan joke that will end up in the dust bin of history

It's amazing how unfunny this is.

S A M E S H O W

To be fair, Garfield completely deserves its place in history. Have you seen the pipe strip?

>Nowadays when people hear Garfield, they think about that shitty movie with Bill Murray
That would be the shittiest of ways you could make me feel old.

Nosferatuuu!