We are now living in a world where we get 1 high budget star wars film every year. Thoughts?

We are now living in a world where we get 1 high budget star wars film every year. Thoughts?

Not seen one since TFA and not going to again. Fool me once etc

>Another star shit thread

Rogue One was good. Dark like it's supposed to be.

it would be fine if they actually had a plan and didn't just wing it each time
what would really be good though is if they made a quarantine board like /vp/ as one

Switch to James Bond format. One movie every 3-4 years, self-containted.

I don't give a single fuck as long as all this degenerate starwars/capeshit trash get's it's own board

If they could buy scenarists with all that moneys....

>but they're all going to be shit

Surely eventually they will get 1 right?

Why didn't they just get Gareth Edwards to direct the entire new Trilogy? He clearly has a knack for getting that tone that people feel is missing from the Disney Trilogy.

Isn't it obvious? It needs to appeal more to kids. Gareth won't let something like that pink haired tumlberina.

I miss Based Gareth

>rogue one was good
dont say that on Sup Forums right now. they've been meming against it pretty hard fsr

Han solo is probably going to suck, Obi-Wan has huge potential if its a dark theme Ewan film. EP9 is probably going to be the best out of the new trilogy (doesn't mean much). One can only be optimistic after then. Who knows maybe we will go into the old republic?

You could never build up great villains in Star Wars with standalone films.

Krenik was a decent villain.

He would have saved us.

rebels hinted pretty thick at Kreia in that one episode, but I doubt mainline movies will touch Old republic, but maybe an animated series or something.

it was shit too with absolutely no character development, the same thing people are ragging on eps8 for

I would probably say they are waiting for their streaming service to go online to do a series that way.

look this is a movie board. If you really have to discuss star wars you can disucss the OT

Fuck the budgets, seriously. Hollywood is just pissing away cash without even getting the fundamentals right.

Just stop...