This scene was good

This scene was good

>the worst character scene in the entire franchise on par with Anakin chocking Padme
>good

>how you ruin a character in less than 10 seconds

The reason this sucks is that it goes in the wrong order.

How it goes:
>Luke senses darkness
>Trys to kill Kylo in a moment of weakness
>Kylo goes to the dark side and burns down the acadamy
>Luke goes into exile

How it should have gone
>Luke senses darkness in Ben
>Ben goes dark, destroys the academy
>Luke trys to kill him in a moment of weakness
>Ben turns into Kylo
>Luke goes into exhile

>Star Wars Luke Skywalker
>The embodiment of hope, never gives up, would rather die than do anything bad
>Nu Wars Luke Skywalker
>Is a depressed emo child killer

This actually sounds much better. Ben having made the ultimate fuck up and not realizing it until his own master turns his blade on him sounds completely explainable for his borderline autistic rage. But there would have to be some kind of build up, like maybe Luke senses it but lets it pass seeing as he's not used to fighting Dark Side users and feels he can control it being Ben's Master.

>luke skywalker, jedi master, is not able to sense one of his pupils turning, or being manipulated, to the dark side and nip it in the bud the moment it begins

how do (((they))) even know how to read and write?

>slurpin' up that alien tittymilk

Every scene was good you Russian Tomatoes shill.

Kylo Ren is the son of his sister and Han. And Luke tries to kill him.

>2038 Sup Forums
>Why was Luke such an asshole in The Last Jedi?
>It was the 2010s

>2038
We would look back to the 2010s as the last years we saw white males as main characters in movies. Only we won't be able to protest their lack in 2030s productions because we would still be considered "privileged".

like father like son

>You like Luke do ya you filthy little manchild? Childhood hero you say? Well watch this

Have you seen school shooters? They are all white males. The demographic gets the representation it earned.

You are right, they must all be purged. Luke and Han were the first step.

The worst part about this is that it turns Kylo into a passive victim. Now all his conflicts stem for his parents failed marriage and his uncle wanting to do bad things to him while he was sleeping. He has no actual relation to Vader, no entitlement for being his grandson, no political or ideological plans, he's just a poor pathetic child.

They could have made him a great critique of the new right with their traiditional leaning tendencies which sprung as a response of a chaotic and corrupt political scene and why they do have a point but are ultimately mistaken, repressive and deeply frustrated with themselves, but instead then he had to be a victim because only victims are good people. As always liberals fail to even take their adversaries seriously.

>>Luke defeats Ben and tries to sever his connection to the Force
>>Snoke stabs Luke from behind
>>Luke dies and Ben turns into Kylo
ftfy

>destroying a childhood hero in one scene
>good

As long as Finn starts shooting and robbing people indiscriminately and in the end racking up a death toll several times higher, I'm cool with it

Han still got it worse in my opnion.

>Bring the fucking Smug and Cool Headed Smuggler back as some Wisecracking Old Cowboy who is now talking about the force being real like he just shook hands with santa claus
>Apparently learned nothing from the Original Trilogy and is still Smuggling and made bad deals with Target and some Space Yakuza
>Awkward meet up with Leia after a fucking Off Screen Marriage and Child, talking about a Literally Who Villian like the audience is supposed to care.
>Confronts his Son, the next generation Sith Lord, with no preparation for if he attacked him despite being fully aware of what a Force User is capable of.

Call it Disney Star Wars, not Nu Star Wars

No shit he had no relation to Vader. None of his immediate family would have had him around anything associated with the Empire. For fuck's sake he was talking to himself like a madman in the first movie asking for Vader's Mask to show him Visions just to show you how far gone he actually is.

The difference is that black communities are plagued by their history that is barely a generation old. Institutional oppression is not something you can shake off so quickly, and positive representation of black individuals in media can lead to positive effects as they have more role models. This is not merely speculation, you can look up data on female government agency enrollment statistics around the time the X-files was airing.

White are the most pandered to demographic in history. If all the main characters in a movie are white males nobody bats an eye, but the moment the roles are taken up by females and people of color Sup Forums busts an artery.

>For fuck's sake he was talking to himself like a madman in the first movie asking for Vader's Mask to show him Visions just to show you how far gone he actually is.
But that makes even less sense now. He has no reason to turn to the dark side now. If anything he should've gotten anyway from anything Force related. The only thing to link him to it is Snoke's influence, which makes him even more of a passive puppet. None of his actions are self-motivated. He's a horrible antagonist.

>12% commits more than half of murder in the country
>it's because of things that happened when nobody alive today was around
>blacks are the beneficiaries of free gibs and affirmative action in all institutions, and have their massively disproportionate crime rates forgiven based on this
>yet whites are the most pandered to demographic in history despite being literally the only group whom it's okay to uniquely blame and shit on as a collective
Hi, shareblue

Just watch him take the first order, finish conquering the entire galaxy, then pull a reverse-Palpatine, revealing he had good intentions all along, and turning the government into a new republic.

>Is a depressed emo child killer
Runs in the family. I'm looking forward to Kylo slaughtering broomboi in IX.

So good they showed it 3 times

>be black
>your grandparents were slaves
>your mother was treated as a second-class citizen
>family owns and passed along no property
>companies reject your job applications just because of your name
>JUST PULL YOURSELVES BY THE BOOTSTRAPS LMAO
You really possess great perspective, my man. I am sure if you were born in that situation you would be living a much more comfortable life.

>would rather lay his and his friends lives on the line instead of killing him because he thinks a sith lord might have some good in him
>will kill a teenager in his sleep over a bad dream

epic simply epic

Would you rather be in Africa?

No I would rather be in a civilization based on equal opportunity, equality before the law, and personal autonomy. Some segments of society need help getting there due to horrific historic injustices, but these can be repaired with time.

Meanwhile manchildren will cry because not every single movie has white males as main protagonists/antagonists because their privilege has conditioned them into believing this is the only acceptable narrative.

>average black american income = $20458
>homicide rate = 34.4 per 100,000

>average white European income = $25434
>homicide rate = 3 per 100,000

>>>POVERTY CAUSES CRIME LMAO

Let me guess, African countries are crime-ridden, low IQ cesspits because of colonialism generations ago? Despite the most colonized country there being the richest, while those practically untouched and left to their own devices are as poor as dirt

I cant stop laughing at all the fucking stupid shit I just watched
This must have been how it felt watching the prequels at the time

You can't salvage it at all

The first and foremost question
> How the fuck did Snoke affect Kylo or who the fuck is Snoke anyway

he didn't try to kill anyone. he realized he'd made a mistake the second he turned it on but it was too late, because kylo saw him holding it. he literally said that in the movie

There is more to shitty life than poverty. IQ is severely lowered by malnutrition and other environmental effects. The median income of legal Africa immigrants is higher than the one of median white natives. When raised under the same conditions children of different races do not display greater between-group IQ variance than within-group IQ variance. Stop trying to look for ways to justify your bigotry rather than looking for ways to help people who got absolutely fucked historically.

Why wouldn't you want to live in Africa? It's a pantheon of black autonomy with few whites there to oppress them and make them kill, rape, and steal at a disproportionate rate.

>No I would rather be in a civilization based on equal opportunity, equality before the law, and personal autonomy.
Well if you live in the west, congratulations! You're already there!

>manchildren will cry because not every single movie has white males as main protagonists/antagonists
Most of the problem with that is directors explicitly stating their deliberate intent to shoehorn minorities in for no reason other than being minorities. You pretend to care about equal opportunity but then do an about-face and defend quotas and affirmative action.
>because their privilege has conditioned them
kill yourself

The IQ gap between races is significantly the result of genetic effects on intelligence and cognitive ability. The only debate is how much of an effect this has, not whether it's there

i was just waiting for it aint me to start playing

UM UHHHH YEAH ... IM JUST TRYING TOO TEST MY LIGHTSABER GO BACK TO SLEEP

>He still hasn't realized that Luke lied to Rey about trying to kill Kylo
>He still hasn't realized Kylo lied to Rey about Luke trying to kill him

>be white
>also be poor
>get a job instead of shooting members of your own race
>don't go to prison before being 18
>don't charge at a cop and die

whoa

>This youngling seems a bit dodgy better kill him in his sleep
>Nothing personal sis

lmao how did this make it into the movie?
Insane

luke still went there with the lightsaber on

>black communities are plagued by their history that is barely a generation old
This is bait but how about you cut the vague bullshit and explain how being poor makes it make sense to rape and murder people?

Get out of here with your hatefacts. Their grandparents might have been slaves. They just need more reparations

>Why wouldn't you want to live in Africa? It's a pantheon of black autonomy with few whites there to oppress them and make them kill, rape, and steal at a disproportionate rate.

Because its a shit place to live. I wouldn't want to live in Russia or Serbia either.

>Well if you live in the west, congratulations! You're already there!
The west has a long way to go before it grants full equality of opportunity to its population.

>Most of the problem with that is directors explicitly stating their deliberate intent to shoehorn minorities in for no reason other than being minorities. You pretend to care about equal opportunity but then do an about-face and defend quotas and affirmative action.
I already told you that diversity in casts helps diversity in real life. I understand that as a white male you have never experienced the feeling that you do not belong somewhere just because of your race and gender, other than some female dominated fields like Nursing, but for people who do not have your privilege this is how they feel about a lot of the high-paying jobs that are mostly occupied by white males.

People rarely deviate from the social class they were born into. Social mobility is not as high as right wingers pretend it is. So unless you help minorities who were institutionally disadvantaged to stand up, they will remain in the gutter they were put in.

>be white
>be trailer trash
>remain poor trailer trash
whoa!

NOT EVEN A WHEEL!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHA NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHA

>No I would rather be in a civilization based on utter childish fantasy I have no reason to believe actually exists anywhere outside of fiction.

>No I would rather be in a civilization based on equal opportunity, equality before the law, and personal autonomy.
So....you mean NA and Europe?

Why he didn't ask to the ghosts of Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin what to do?

>Because its a shit place to live.
But why? Obviously Slavic countries are oppressive white ethnostates but Africa is free!
>The west has a long way to go before it grants full equality of opportunity to its population.
Please explain how, because citizens are guaranteed equal rights and opportunities under law. Everywhere else, less so. Take a look at how your "totally equal fundamentally because we're all blank slates" Africans treat racial and sexual minorities wherever they're the majority.
>I understand that as a white male you have never experienced the feeling that you do not belong somewhere just because of your race
Pic related is you

Maybe Ben drank all the sloth milk.

2/3 of those are white males, they are a big no-no in Nu Wars.

>niggers get free shit just for being niggers and they still want more gibs
God, niggers were such a mistake.
It hurts to think about how much better this country would be without them....
It's so sad bros =(

kek

Or Australia, New Zealand, and previously South Africa before whitey started being targeted for home invasions, torture, and slaughter in their own homes by sub-80 IQ dumbfucks like user there because they're convinced all their ills are because of white oppression

Whatever. Retards like you will be bred out within the next several generations anyway and we can finally have justice for people who faced hundreds of years of neglect and hatred. Meme as much as you want now, but your grandchildren will get memed on unless you get an attitude adjustment and start respecting other human being instead of being horrid bigots.

>under the law
This is insufficient. Their start is unequal by the virtue of their past, so they need aid to get on equal footing with everyone else before their opportunities are considered "equal" .

This whole grandmother being a slave thing needs to fucking die. Their grandmother's are fucking 40 at best.

>that one left who brings in strawmans that are politically convenient so he can call anyone who points movie flaws a nazi

What the fuck has family got to do with where I am today?

>This is insufficient
Then you simply want to control opinions. Nothing I didn't expect from an ESS JAY DUBYUH

Their start is unequal by virtue of their hereditary behavioral traits, lower intelligence, and this being compounded creates failed societies, be it Africa, Haiti, or Detroit

if you're a fucking retard maybe

>Whatever. Retards like you will be bred out within the next several generations
I honestly can't wait.
Niggers in America get genocided by spics. Spics turn USA into the 3rd world. Russia takes over Western Europe. Middle East falls into the 3rd world again without Western Money. North Africa stars enslaving niggers again. And a billion Niggers in Africa starve to death. The rest gets enslaved by Muslims.
And China rules over all.
It's going to be glorious, except for niggers who are too stupid to understand white people are the only reason why they aren't oppressed anymore, lmao.

>Whatever. Retards like you will be bred out within the next several generations anyway
Press the sjws and niggers on their fallacies and they start cheering about how whites will be bred out. Lmao thanks for making it easy every time

kill yourself for being so fucking retarded

>Killing younglings

He truly is his fathers son

Most of the original plot was written by Jews and Rian Jonson isn't Jewish, so....

Alright, I am sure that if American whites got chained, deprived of their property, and tossed in Russa to work as slaves for 100 years, then given their freedom back but still not full rights, and only then been granted equal citizenship, they would have gotten on their feet and been as successful as all the native Russians within 1 generation. Come on, my man.

If you transcended our social class you are the exception, most people don't. Chances are if your family was middle class you are still middle class.

>press on falacies
No, you just refused to engage in any sort of compassion or desire to treat other races as you wold your own due to your own bigotry. When you are a minorty you will be treated the same way you treat minorities now.

Spanish immigrants commit as much crime as the native population when you adjust for age.

What this is fucking retarded. So after Ben slaughters all the other Jedi Luke is train he "in a moment of weakness" tries to kill him??? Then after this Ben turns into Kylo????

I liked how they did it in the movie much better.

Kill off the white man and there will be nothing to stand between you and the Asians.
The Asians will genocide you without a second thought.

>Spanish immigrants commit as much crime as the native population when you adjust for age.
lmao, just look at South America crime stats to see what's in store for America.
Spics are even more violent than niggers(I know, hard to believe) under the right conditions

And of course, the "native population" counts niggers who skyrocket the American crime stats due to their Africa levels of crime.

>if your family was middle class you are still middle class
jokes on you motherfucker i'm living under a bridge

This. I think it makes much more sense that Luke, backed up against the wall surrounded by lifeless bodies of his pupils, realizes that Ben is going to do this around the galaxy and he needs to stop him now.

Rian is a fucking hack.

you mean hispanoamericans, not spanish

>REEEEEEEE WHY DID LUKE MAKE AN OUT OF CHARACTER MISTAKE
>LUKE IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN OMNI-BENEVOLENT JEDI WOULD RATHER DIE THEN KILL AN EVIL PERSON
>I'D PREFER IF ALL CHARACTERS REMAINED STAGNANT ACROSS DECADES OF TIME WITH NO REGRESSION AND REGROWTH

This is the funny part. Niggers don't understand how fucked they are all around the world. Mexicans are already ethnically cleansing blacks near border towns. All of Compton is Spanish, and in every state where the Hispanic population goes up, not just the white % goes down, but the black one too.
But niggs are gonna nigg until they just get shot by spics when they start demanding gibs from them too.

Nice straw man

>all of these excuses for constant black failure throughout history

Even their own KINGS owned them in slavery before Europeans ever participated in the slave trade.

Blacks hold eachother back more than anyone/anything.

go back to Sup Forums lol

>What the fuck has family got to do with where I am today?
There's no way you're unironically this stupid

>within 1 generation
How long ago was slavery banned again by the white oppressors who then sought to ban it worldwide? I'm pretty sure it was longer than one generation ago though.
Every single external factor has been considered and controlled for. Look at this again Black and mixed kids raised in upper-class white families barely averaged differently for it.

>When you are a minorty you will be treated the same way you treat minorities now.
You mean I'll be given unique privileges like an extra 250 SAT points because of my race? Fucking sweet! Oh wait no, I'll actually probably be butchered in my own home after generations of fair and balanced media narratives telling sub-saharans that they're more violent and less successful because I exist.

>I'm an eternal victim
>I should never strive to better myself or do anything with my life because whitey is keeping the black man down
>instead I should beg for government assistance, sell drugs, commit violent crime against my own race and loot local businesses owned by members of my own race

The movie was very well done. I also like the introspection how we perceive events. The same event was portrayed three times. None were really false, just different perspectives on what happened. I really can't think of a better post-ROTJ arc for Luke. Him dying was a bummer, but at the same time it was really well done. How should he have died? Getting owned by Rey or Kylo like a bitch? He learned the same lesson Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Yoda learned before him, became one with the force, and fulfilled his destiny as one of the great Jedi Masters.

>Vader conquers the galaxy does all sorts of evil shit
there's still hope for him
>Ben has some evil thoughts while he's sleeping
better murder a 16 year old in his sleep

I really hope this is bait, user.

That's the effect of soy milk.

I meant Hispanic, but either way, argument still stands. There is insufficient data to display that immigrants import the issues of their countries into America. You can check the 2010 census data that shows that incarceration rates for hispanics is lower than the one of native-born males with similar education. Hispanics have a .99% chance of incarceration compared to the 1.71% for native white males.
If you are curious look up:
>Undocumented Immigration and Rates of Crime and Imprisonment:
Popular Myths and Empirical Realities
>Criminal Immigrants: Their Numbers, Demographics, and Countries of Origin (report using 2010 census data)
>Identifying the Effect of Immigration on Homicide Rates in U.S. Cities - An Instrumental Variables Approach

There is no indication that crime will rise as a result of a more ethnically diverse America.

Civil rights act came in 1964, depending on your age your mother or grandmother would still have lived under Jim Crow laws.

>I earned everything in life
>nobody who was born in a shittier situation deserves help
nice meme

>There is insufficient data to display that immigrants import the issues of their countries into America.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>''HEY WHY ARE YOU RUNNING''

I can sort of buy Luke briefly considering to kill Ben in a moment of weakness, as he even lost his shit in Jedi when he tried to kill both Palpy and Vader after he was teased his friends dying and Leia being turned.
However, it's still some anime levels of misunderstandings and it more importantly doesn't even explain how the fuck Snoke influenced Ben or even who the fuck Snoke was to tempt him like that.

>make argument
>post sources to substantiate claim
>sources are from various governmental and academic backgrounds to reduce bias
>"HAHAHAHA"

Average right-wing argument.. Feels and outrage over reals. I am sorry reality has a liberal bias. Go back to measuring skulls.

Hey so I'm part British and part Irish. Should I kill myself and take my own wallet because part of me was oppressed by the other part a few gens ago?
>There is insufficient data to display that immigrants import the issues of their countries into America
I guess the higher rate of unemployment among hispanics and the drug trafficking are a figment of my imagination then. Also the surge in gang-rapes and peaceful bombs, trucks, and knife attacks by Arabs and Africans wherever they exist in large numbers is fake news

Yes you autist.

A weak moment for Luke is trying to kill someone, period. Shoot first, he does not.

Fuck wrong chart

>I earned everything in life
strawman

>nobody who was born in a shittier situation deserves help
nobody who was born in a shittier situation is entitled to involuntary help from people who don't owe you a damn thing

because of the garbage victim mentality people like you have, racial issues in the US will never be mended, no matter how many gibst or forced diversity you get

clearly you don't want meritocracy so just be honest with yourself and admit you don't actually want equal opportunity

This, all of it.

SJWs cannot into the difference between equal opportunity vs equal outcome, because since we're all fundamentally identical we would have the latter if we had the former :)