Anakin

Anakin
>Jedi counsil: He can't be a Jedi because he expresses emotions like love and hate, even if its towards the siths and enemies

Luke
>Yoda: even if you're trained, you're still not a Jedi until you fight Vader

Rey
>expresses emotions like hate and anger
>has an autistic rant vs Luke and even pulls off her light saber
>doesn't get the Jedi training
>Yoda: YAS QUEEN SLAY

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temiri_Blagg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be honest here, if Rey was a guy, would you still be this mad about it?

Yes?

It's like different people have different Jedi ideal.
And Rey isn't a Jedi yet.

Not OP but I'll answer for you. No, because men weren't constantly saying "sorry I already have a prom date" to OP

i have no problem with sexy female leads, nu-star wars is just a dead franchise resurrected to be a cash cow with shitloads of political subtext, lazy writing, and insufficient character development. it's like paying to watch CNN except the explosions are fake and don lemon got a few shades darker

>OP doesn't even mention gender or anything relating to it

This is the one thing I'm okay with. The whole TLJ movie is about people being flawed and making mistakes. Luke and Yoda realize the Jedi Order fell for a reason. It was flawed. Holding back Luke because of his age would have been a mistake and now they see it's worth it to let Rey train at an older age even being emotional. Only thing I hate is her Mary Sue power levels with never being trained.

> it's like paying to watch CNN except the explosions are fake
user...

Did you even watch the movie? The Jedi were wrong. They preach about balance yet ignore an entire half of the force.

>Let's bring balance to society by releasing all criminals from prison

>anyone who engages the dark side is a criminal

That's Jedi propaganda.

are you blind or just retarded?
the last line in op's post is pretty obvious

So, by the Disney trilogy standards, Anakin was right all this time?

I find Daisy cute, and I like Rey as a concept of a character. The plot points they chose for her are fine, but the EXECUTION of her character is dreadful.

Yes, I would have a male character the same way, just like I hated Anakin during the prequel trilogy.

There are no 'sides' to the force. There's just the force, and sith corrupt it.

(((Disney)))

>if i point out rey is female this will invalidate any arguments he has

Because everybody absolutely loved Anakin, right? And didn't think he was an annoying shit?

Fuck off.

Ahsoka is one of my favourite Star Wars characters

>Starwars I, II, III sucked, people shit on them. Nobody cares.
>Starwars VII, VIII suck, people shit on them because they are gigantic misogynist racists!!!11
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>The Jedi were wrong

It's almost like you're retarded and only read the last line

Are they really praising Rey for the same reason everyone shat on Anakin?

Anakin
>has a story arc

Luke
>has a story arc

Rey
>ehhhh

I get the criticism, in fact I haven't even watched any of the Disney Wars because I don't care for them enough
But almost everyone hated Luke and Anakin when the movies were released, and it's not like this time's any different, but it still irks me how this time this critique can't shy away from the gender side that has nothing to do with the actual issues

Dammit they managed to ruin Yoda too.

I initially thought he was fine, because he was back to his cackling, mischievous self from the OT (and not the stupid ninja general from the prequels).

I'm done with Disney. I want of this god-damn planet.

You're the only one bringing gender shit here, get out.

BUT WHO IS THE BOY AT THE END?!

Gotch(you) covered, senpai. Everyone loves this character.

>OP uses the maymay-phrase exclusively used on this bord to mock "strong female character" trope
>Yet I'm the one bringing gender shit here
Alright

We shouldn't be surprised that there is already a wookieepedia entry on Temiri Blagg©.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Temiri_Blagg

>getting this triggered over a meme phrase
Seriously, get out.

If you read the post carefully it is about how Luke and Anakin didn't become or weren't named Jedis yet Rey was acknowledged of potentially becoming one by doing less shit than the former heroes.

I'd probably be more upset, honestly.

yes, those children deserved to die

YOU!!!!
BUY THE TOY AVAILABLE NOW!!!

>please enable all scripts to laugh at how pathetic we are ;^)
Good bye wookiepedia.

Jedi before
>We are the force of good and without us there is no light. We are the last hope that this galaxy has

Jedi after
>"Holy shit, we fucked everything up and we're arrogant. Maybe there is hope beyond the Jedi" - Luke
>"You're right, dog. Fuck us. Let's hope they learn to do something that we never could and grow past us." -Yoda

All the same, Rey and Kylo shold have teamed up to create balance. It would have been a compelling counterpoint to that code breaker who noted that arms dealers are supplying both sides. They could kill that general guy but also execute Leia.

only a sith deals in absolutes