Meanwhile in reality the estimates for the weekend have gone up since friday night

>meanwhile in reality the estimates for the weekend have gone up since friday night

hey, thanks for making another star wars thread, that was exactly what the board needed

the win here is in the fact it did worse than TFA.

It makes no difference how much money it makes it doesn't make it any less of a shitty movie

So did the clone wars compared to phantom menace. Did that kill episode III?

probably not but everyone now knows the prequels were complete garbage.

Yeah, the Transformers movies are kino too, am I right?

>muh money
still and always will be a shit movie

>Sup Forums says the weekend estimates will go way down due to the "56%"
>It goes up
Top kek

I hate this movie a lot but it never fails to amuse me that Sup Forums is always certain an awful movie or one they don't like will flop. Then it never does.

Sup Forums is always wrong

Then the argument is reframed into "no the money never meant anything anyway" or they start taking Hollywood accounting to an extreme. Like a movie has a budget of $150 million so a marketing budget would probably be $50 to $200 million but Sup Forums cranks that up to $500 million. Then the movie somehow needs to make record numbers to break even despite the fact it's just your average summer blockbuster.

>the "Transformers made money so its good" Defense
LOL

>Sup Forums is one person meme
LMAO

why the fuck are you faggots even here, kill yourselves

Seething

OH NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has no legs.

>This damage control
Just admit that you were wrong again

Imagine being so obsessed with a movie not doing well.

>people going to see it just to see how bad it is
WE FELL FOR THEIR MASTER PLAN, THEY 4D CHESSED US

You literally cannot make this statement until we see the numbers for next weekend

lol what a moron

TLJ had a $105 million opening Friday. Force Awakens had $120 million. These are just first-day numbers before word of mouth has spread and when the "obligatory Star Wars" crowd is all out for their first showing. We're officially in the Baghdad Bob era of movie management and criticism - wait literally one week.

I can just tell you're one of those fags that actually thought the low audience score on Rotten Tomatoes would hurt this movies box office returns

I never said it wouldn't make money. You need to admit it's shit

The 'Last Jedi making less than TFA' argument won't work. Everyone already knew it would make less. You can't recreate the massive hype that TFA had

Nobody here implied it was good

this was yesterdays update

>something makes money that means it's good and everyone likes it!

what a dumb line of thinking.

As someone who saw TFA three times and isn't interested in seeing this one once, I stand by my model.

no
i knew the movie would do well either way, but it's still a piece of shit

Won't work to what end, exactly?

t. nobody but you said that in this thread

LMAO get cucked, bitch.

it literally does work because it's going to make less money. Maybe if TFA was any good TLJ would have better hype

stop replying to me and drown yourself

So what are you arguing? That people will willingly watch pig slop en masse? We already knew that. Everyone wants it to fail financially because it's shit. Why are you invested in it doing well?

reddi/tv/ just can't stop losing.

Not interested in it doing well at all, in fact I hope it magically stops making money and results in a massive flop. I just don't enjoy Sup Forums living in an alternate reality every single time a big movie comes out.

>here's how one of the largest media companies is winning with one of the most popular movie franchises of all time

Better than prequels.

Why? Who cares?

When will you faggots learn that Sup Forums is never right? Even when they said Shitbusters 2016 would be a box office disaster, it ended up just being a mediocre return. Most of these faggots are living in a fantasy world where Sup Forums represents the general opinion of the population, despite fucking knowing better. Normies don't give a fuck about audience scores on IMDB or RT. They just go to see movies.

It's going to do over 200 million $ on the weekend.

But this is meaningless. Everyone would see it anyways. Many of those people avoid spoilers.

The negative word of mouth is spreading and fans are going crazy.

As a guy who hated all of it, no. Attack of the Clones is a boring, borderline unwatchable mess and was embarrassingly bad but TLJ is no better.

Sup Forums absolutely fucking destroyed, as usual

Nah.

>shitty disney kike flick of the week makes money
stop the presses!

Literally doesn't matter. It's a franchise killer just like BvS. People will see it but they will hate it.

Han Solo movie will underperform hard.

Yikes, m88.

stop replying to me, this is your last warning.

>It's a franchise killer
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't understand, you want it to not be a franchise killer?

I don't think we'd see the full impact of their choices the first weekend. It's only now normie word and judgement will really spread.

It's underperforming TFA as expected. The real answer lies in how big the drop-off is after this weekend.

wew lad

>Franchise killer just like BvS
Lol. This will make BvS' total gross in two weekends

that's it, you've made your last mistake. blocked.

It got an A on Cinemascore so I'd guess word of mouth from people who have actually seen it won't be an issue.

>It's a franchise killer

NO NO NO NO THIS ISN'T HAPPENING THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING NO NO NO NO NOOOO

>he thinks the fanboy nerd market that will LITERALLY watch the next one anyways matters

ESB did worse than ANH
AotC did worse than TPM

Sequels can rarely live up the hype of the first entry

The absolute STATE of this board.

Point and laugh. This brainlet actually enjoyed the film. And all this time pretending he's part of the big boy club.
>I-I didn't like the movie, but look, it'll make money! Stop being delusional! It bothers me!! (maybe now they'll stop making fun of the movie waaaa)

fucking hell
this thread is shill central

sage

They could've had Rey just flat out doing spicy Vindaloo shits for two hours and it still would sell because "Star Wars" and Millenial man babies.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

STOP INSULTING STAH WALS ITS MAKING MONEY!!

I haven't seen it, you dope. I'm just here to make fun of delusional faggots like yourself that believe bombing RT's user ratings will make a difference. If anyone deserves a point and giggle, it's (You).

yeah, and hillary had a 99% chance of winning

>I-I haven't seen it! S-shutup! I-I'm just here to make fun you guys!

No keep insulting it you brainlet. Just stop living in a child's world where you think awful movies can't make money. Is your dad still getting cigarettes at the store? He's been gone an awful long while.

This is just getting embarrassing

other than the die hard blinders on SW fans, Will normies see this movie more than once?

That kind of non sequitur insult can only come from a very powerful projector.

Yes that is an accurate depiction of yourself right now. Complete with the stuttering.
>wojak23
>he catalogs his wojaks
I see you've come prepared to pretend you aren't seething.

Does any normie see a movie more than once?

>Christmas coming up
>New Star Wars movie
>Kids out of school for winter break
Boy what do you think, user?

>N-n-no y-you!

>non sequitur
Confirmed for either not reading the post or not being able to understand it. It wasn't very complicated.

They put goddamn star wars stickers on bananas, they had the general populace by the marketing balls.

Tell us about how it went down, user. We're here to support you. Tell us how daddy left.

When TPM came out I saw it twice in theaters. The first time was because I wanted to see it. The second time was because my parents wanted to see something else and I didn't, so I got stuck with it. So yeah, even if the normies themselves don't, their kids will.

won't do the long term business of TFA

star war hate white peepul

IT'S MAKING MONEY! IT'S GOOD!

>thinks nobody here said
Why do you have to make up arguments to win other ones?

WHAT NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE IT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO TANK

NOOOOOOO

>thinks
wow! what a retard!

>that insult hurt me too much it must be projection
>surely everyone else is insecure and not just me

>I-it's not even gonna make a billion, j-just you watch!

>everyone who says it makes money liked it
brainlet

YOU STUPID FAGGOT LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY IT'S MAKING!! IT'S A MASTERPIECE!!

seething

TAKE IT BACK

Nobody said it was good.