BOOM! Studios New #1's for July 2017

GO GO POWER RANGERS #1
MAY171212

(W) Ryan Parrott (A) Dan Mora (CA) Dan Mora [Regular, 50 Copy Incv, Unlock Blank Sketch], Michelle Wong [15 Copy Incv], Natacha Bustos [25 Copy Incv], Audrey Mok [Unlock Paper Doll], Marcus To [Unlock Thank You]
The untold, personal story of what happens to Jason, Kim, Trini, Zack, and Billy following in the days after they first became Power Rangers.
Fighting evil is hard, but surviving high school may be even harder-welcome to real life in Angel Grove.
In Shops: Jul 26, 2017
SRP: $3.99

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/power-rangers-comic-explores-parallel-dimensions-a/1100-6447926/
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/19/go-go-power-rangers-new-comic-turning-16-launching-july-boom-studios/
mashable.com/2017/04/19/go-go-power-rangers-comic-boom-tv-show-pilot-ryan-parrott/#LNd6BIxVEqqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SISTERS OF SORROW #1
MAY171224

(W) Kurt Sutter (A) Courtney Alameda (CA) Jae Lee
Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy, Mayans MC) brings this all-new original tale of revenge and recovery to comics with novelist Courtney Alameda (Shutter) and breakthrough artist Hyeonjin Kim.
By day, Dominique, Greta, Misha, and Sarah run a nonprofit women's shelter. At night, they each don a nun's habit and move through Los Angeles hunting down violent abusers who have escaped justice.
Their increasingly public vigilantism has earned them the nickname Sisters of Sorrow, and has drawn the ire of L.A.'s notorious anti-crime task force.
In Shops: Jul 05, 2017

Saban deserves cancer

WAR FOR PLANET OF THE APES #1
MAY171227

(W) David Walker (A) Jonas Scharf (CA) Mikhail Borulko, Jay Shaw
San Francisco lies in ruin, as the war for survival between man and ape rests on the shoulders of one solitary soul. Prequel to the upcoming Fox film!
In Shops: Jul 12, 2017

END

>The untold, personal story of what happens to Jason, Kim, Trini, Zack, and Billy following in the days after they first became Power Rangers
Just move on to a different season already.

>new #1
>Renaming the title

is this the main comic? or is this the something different?

Looks like they're switching from "Green Ranger Year 1" to "MMPR Year 1"

Read the friggin' text you simpleton. It's a prequel.

The text doesn't make sense. Comics are too complicated with all these #1s this is why I don't buy them.

Oh come on. You should have done this from the beginning if you thought there was a story worth telling with their early days. The main comic's already slow as shit with the parallel universe arc, I can tell this is going to be absolute molasses with tons of unnecessary drama.

>Dan Mora
Someone save this nigga for this meme publisher.

What did happen at that peace conference?

>tfw no Time Force or SPD police procedural comic

Just like that movie that flopped!

Go Go Power Rangers is ongoing, while War for the Planet of the Apes will be a four-issue miniseries.

It has a different writer from the current ongoing.
It's no different from the countless Transformers, TMNT, Adventure Time, Horse Magic, etc spin offs

They're stuck on Zordon Era.
That's either where the editors plan on going or Saban just gave them the rights to those seasons only.
>The "Mighty Morphin" canon extends from Season 1 up through "In Space." That's our sandbox. It's all fair game. There is still so much more that happens to these characters and this world—from new Zords to new Rangers—that we want to explore, but we want to make sure it feels earned and that we've exhausted all we can with the story we're currently telling. Personally, I love the mythology that comes with Zeo. It really cracks open the world and introduces a lot of new and interesting elements to the series, like the new Power Chamber and The Machine Empire, one of the more formidable foes for the Rangers. Also, who wouldn't want to see Hendry draw the Gold Zeo Ranger?

gamespot.com/articles/power-rangers-comic-explores-parallel-dimensions-a/1100-6447926/
>There is still a lot of story to tell with these characters and Zords, but we would never say never. If and when do get to new Zords or Rangers, we want to make sure the change feels necessary and organic to the story we're telling.

They probably want Higgins himself to handle the other seasons through a seemingless transition

Is Ryan Parrott any good?

Sooo...., will anyone here story time new issue?

DC and Marvel storytimes take in priority.
PR will probably come later

>GO GO POWER RANGERS #1
Fuck man!

Good. Maybe the comic can give screentime to the other rangers instead of wanking Tommy.

Billy and Kim already get about as much focus as Tommy both in the show and the comic, so I ask of you the same question about Jason, Zack, and Trini that I would ask in a Green Lantern thread about John Stewart.

If you had all the screentime in the world, how would you make them into interesting characters? What is there to latch onto?

So this is going to be Power Rangers: Red, right?

Judging by what's seen it's about Kimberly turning 16 as the first story of this ongoing and it's more about the character's in high school while adjusting to their ranger lifestyles.
For fuck sakes she had her own mini

More details on the new PR comic
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/19/go-go-power-rangers-new-comic-turning-16-launching-july-boom-studios/

>the only PoTA comics we get now are either tie-ins or crossovers
Don't get me wrong, the crossovers are fun... it just feels like a waste of the license, y'know?

Eh, not too keen on them going back to zero with these guys.

The power rangers comics haven't been doing it for me- except for the pink ranger mini. And that was mostly for the neat makeshift ranger team formed and based Goldar.

Wish they had the ability to do more ranger crossover stuff. I want to bust my fan load seeing different ranger teams interact with each other.

Or just fuck everyone else and give me something featuring the DinoCharge Team.

It's on Readcomiconline right now

Gotta love Sixteen Candles references.

Even more
>“We are going to show that the group was larger than five people before, but only five of them were chosen,” Parrott teases. “So what happens to the group member that wasn't chosen? When all five of his friends are currently running around as the Power Rangers and cannot tell him why, and what does that do to him? If all your friends one day just started showing up at the coffee shop without telling you, you're like, ‘Is it me?
>“The other thing is we're going to introduce the fact that Kimberly had a boyfriend before they were Power Rangers,” Parrott reveals. “Who that person is and how they will fit into the story is going to be an interesting balancing act. That will be a major plot point for the entire series, if I get my way.”
>“I really like the idea that when he was younger, Billy and Skull were actually really, really good friends. And how they grew apart, and why Skull became Bulk's second is going to be something we address,” Parrott says, noting that he was inspired by the way friendships and cliques change between elementary school and high school.
>“I like that our groups are going to have different power dynamics simply because they take place at different points [on the same timeline],” Parrott says. “One of the things we talked about early [was]… in the first issue of Go Go, before they got their powers, Zack was kind of the Alpha male of the group. It wasn't Jason. Once the power came in and Zordon looks at Jason and says ‘you're the leader,’ how did Zack feel about that? How would you feel if you were the one in charge, and then you're not? Does he accept his role in the group? My book's a lot of the ‘how?’ It's how did we get to this point? How do we shift them and spin them so that they give you more insight into who the characters are?”
Trini looks cute with glasses

Forgot link
mashable.com/2017/04/19/go-go-power-rangers-comic-boom-tv-show-pilot-ryan-parrott/#LNd6BIxVEqqc

Hoping it's good but it's written by the guy who did Aftershock.

Issue #14 storytime

Theyre...rebooting power rangers?

Again?

Nigga the Boom canon debuted last year.
It's just getting a second ongoing for the teenage drama aspect of it similar to the original show

>Short haired Trini with glasses

the fuck?

Does the comic megazord's sword actually look like that or did the artist just copy the src effect piece without knowing any better

Cover artist is different from the artist who's going to do the actual page art in the GGPR.
The current MMPR comics by Higgins also has a different artist

She's just missing a colored streak of hair on the left side of her head.

High school user
High school slice of life

>Dan Mora
Wait, no, never mind.
They're both the same for GGPR

You know what would be interesting? Boom! making a "Rangerverse" kind of like In Space did. Have the Aquaitars be the Ninja Rangers and have Billy use the Aquaitar tech to make the Zeo shit. If handled properly it could be like "What if Jack Kirby created MMPR?"

Would also be kind of cool if they could throw VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, Mystic Knights, and god help us Masked Rider in there

See Also last year's annual had an origin story for Goldar.
It's mentored that the Aquitar Rangers are powered by Ninjor and hinted at Zedd's skin being removed by the Zeo crystals like how they were mentioned in the original show

*mentioned

It's hard to put into words how much I want to see a more fleshed out Zordon Era.
But Jesus Christ, move past MMPR S1 already.

MMPR Pink takes place in Season 3 but the mini itself is mediocre.
They'll probably won't move on until they do Mega Dragonzord, Cyclopsis, Titanus, and the Ultrazord.

>Zack has 10 fingers
What the fuck?

This sounds like it'll either be amazing or the worst thing ever depending on whether or not they try to "make a statement" with it.

No WesxJen stories!!!

If it's as good as the ongoing, I've no problem with a Year One-mini treatment for the team. I like the art there and that's done by the interior artist, so it's going to look nice at least.

>Trini is cute! Cute!
Once again, I'm digging the art.

>they aren't nuns
>they dress like nuns as a disguise

What is the point of this? Wouldn't this just draw too much attention to them?