Transformers General

So RID Season 3 will be starting on April 29th on Cartoon Network.

>the wait is finally over
I didn't realize people were actually waiting for this dreck.

Hold up, RID is actually a cartoon? I thought it was just an awful toyline.

>This gets a new season
>When transformers prime does not

Shit ain't right.

Prime ended on its own terms 4 years ago.

RID I hate to say it, is a better series than Prime.

Maybe not in terms of cinematography and choreography but in terms of characterization and fun and in variety.

>Rid
>Another bumble centric transformers

Prime was perfect because bee did almost nothing and shut the fuck up for almost all of it and when he did speak it was just enough. Bumble bee needs to die. Bumble bee was a mistake

TFA Bumblebee was treated like an annoying little shit. Does that count for anything?

RID Bumblebee is the best take on Bumblebee.

actually grown up, mature and actually has a purpose beyond being the kid appeal character as a rookie leader.

Yeah, it was. It was an imported anime to fill time as Hasbro prepared for Armada.

The repaints were good toys, but the new molds were all complete garbage.

Nah bees shit at all times. Back in my day we had hot rod. Not this bumbling bee meme bot.

...how do you feel about G1 Bee?

>Hot Rod.
>Not, Hot Shot.

No Jolt/10.

anyone gonna story time today's comic?

The only thing I care is when Megatron is coming back to wreck shit.

That was RiD 2001. We're talking about RiD 2015.

Yeah, they gave two separate Transformers series the same title. Probably because Hasbro has no rights to the 2001 series since it was consumed by Disney when they bought Saban.

RiD has some really good toys though.

Tell me something Sup Forums, is this show worth a damn? I hate the artstyle and the toys look like garbage. Is the writing at least on point? One of the reasons I couldn't get into Prime was because it was so focused on being serious and melodramatic that it forgot to be a fun show. Does RiD strike that same balance Beast Wars and Animated had of great storytelling and fun writing?

It's okay

Sometimes it gets actually fun but there's a lot of lame ones too

Formulaic a lot of the time

If you're like me, you watch because you're an insufferable waifufag and fap to Strongarm

>Does RiD strike that same balance Beast Wars and Animated had of great storytelling and fun writing?
No. Up until the most recent miniseason it SUCKED BALLS at doing long-term storytelling. However, that only really comes into play for the season finales, the rest of the show is a super fun enemy of the week romp.

god, I miss TFA so much. why can't we get another show like that?

Beast Machines Cheetah is the best take on Bumblebee.

Bisk a best.

G1 Bee was decent. He was small but wasn't a fuck up. He was just as useful as the other Autobots.

>Cheetah

Autocorrect, sorry.

I like IDW Bumblebee. He illustrates exactly what's wrong with giving a guy authority based on his popularity.

turn if off if it causes you issue

To be fair 'Bee actually had leadership potential, the stress just got to him.

Does CN even show the series?

weekdays at 6 AM

Wow what a great timeslot. I hope it doesn't interfere with their TTG ratings.

I... Huh. I actually don't hate these designs. Some of them like the praying mantis are actually really damn good. Is there a reason for these bots to look so animalistic? They're different from Predacons, right? The toys don't look THAT bad either. Like, as a former collector I can't justify the money it would cost to get back into it especially with the sacrifice of the former more complex designs, but I would have loved how action figure-y these are as a kid. I mean, I don't like how boxy the vehiclemodes are and some of the early waves still look like shit, but they managed to pull themselves back together.

Shit dude, if it started out this strong I might have actually stayed in the game.

>Is there a reason for these bots to look so animalistic?
simple theme to seperate the good guys from the bad, and to design characters around certain traits you might not see otherwise.

Bisk WAS a best, until pirate-talkin', Jim-Cummings-voicin' Thermidor came about.

What's out today?

According to TF Wiki, it's G.I. Joe #4. Then again, they said that last week, so who knows if it's actually out yet.

it is

Decent reaction images in this issue.

>Oh man, this is it. We're finally gonna see it. Is it really the Inhumanoids? Will it maybe be Tendril? Or D'Compose? Gagoyle maybe? I can't wai--
>.......
>It's not an Inhumanoid at all. It's a Fatal Fluffy.

Well fuck you too.

It feels like the opposite of Prime in many respects. Instead of being all "muh dark and epic" shit, it's main concern is to be light and fun.

And in a similar manner to how I didn't really like Prime, I can't care for this show either. Kept up with it for a while, until I realized I wasn't enjoying it. I don't think it has that BW or Animated style "balance" you mentioned.

Although giving up on the toys did add to my disinterest. I liked how some looked, but goddamn, the prices they demand for these things in Europe is fucking crazy.

It's the exact opposite of Prime in every way
Prime was sleek and serious with some fun here and there and plot heavy. Nice artstyle
RiD is BRIGHT and fun and rarely takes itself seriously. Artsyle's all on a matter of opinion

>we will never get Starscream and D'compose shrieking together

>Menasaur
So are they Stunticons or Predacons?

>There are people who like this show
>Kids like this show
>It's actually good
>WHAAAAT!? PEOPLE STILL WATCHING THIS REEEEEEEE STOP IT STOP IT

It's weird how some of you folks think the entire fandom revolves around some boards.

Stunticons. Hasbro has to fudge names sometimes.

I'm just glad the aligned universe is still going desu

it's not one singular universe anymore