Story-time

Royals #2
Lets do that thing where we read comic books

I'm getting kind of tired of mutually-contradictory alternate futures we as readers know will never happen.

It's spreading! Somebody get Luna to a bunker her hair is in danger.

Don't they technically all happen via alternate timelines?

Jonboy is back from his coffee break

BIGGER THAN THE ANNIHILATION WAVE

This gonna be retarded.

Oh Ewing, you and your power creeps

I always wondered, if they split the pay when somebody has to come and finish the book

Wasnt x-men gold #2 suposse to come out today?

We'll never be royals
(royals)

Delayed to next week due to the controversy. There are rumors of issues being pulped.

I called it
you called it
people who didn't read this called it

God bless allah

Shoutout to the user in the prime thread who called it

Wow. Every panel managed to have a stupid line or a plot point. Every page, every panel. That's gotta be some sort of record.

So that's why BB is going to be in space jail for space crimes in his solo book.

I like the last Inhuman plot line and the stuff he is doing with Terrigen so far. However it seems he is going for a more cartoony tone like he did for New Avengers, and I'm not sure how that will fly. I wasn't really in NA.

remember 5 years ago when that space monster design didn't show up every 6 pages

>Don't they technically all happen via alternate timelines?
correct. since Marvel is a multiverse (or Omniverse or whatever they want to call it) with infinite alternate universes, every possible course of events plays out somewhere in the multiverse. However, the comics will only follow one plotline, and we likely won't see the alternates, so it's as if they didn't happen.

wait Noh-Varr and Flint just switched places what happened

>Bigger than the Annihilation Wave

The Annihilation Wave was so big it almost wrecked the whole universe. Something bigger wouldn't just show up near Pluto without anyone noticing.

a multi-trillion strong army of chitauri was physic-defyingly beelined to the solar system by the first iteration, and they're just the shock troopers of the eternity war

We doing this every issue? Gotta say, I feel like this book is Bad Ewing. It's indulgent.

They just throw that out to make it a threat since they don't have the time to show them doing Annihilation wave scale things, not in the event and certainly not in this book. The Chitauri don't even have a talker/powerful leader like annihilus, so the only thing they have to put them over for the reader is that there is a lot of them.

The art is terrible.
I didn't read Meyer's Teen Titans, but I saw some scans and it looked way better than this crap.

Most of the issue wasn't done by Meyers

once a future timeline exceeds a nonspcific possibility ratio, it becomes capable of interacting with the present via time travel and visions and shit
if a specific possible future timeline exceeds an undefined degree of interacting with the present, it secures itself a place in the multiverse as an alternate timeline, such that it can keep interacting with the present even if it no longer a possible future state of the present
and in the meantime the present keeps on going on and on and on because the past doesn't exist and tomorrow never comes

I've read more than enough bad webcomics to recognize that this is still good art in the grand scheme of things

>story-time
Now you're just doing it to be a dick.

Oh, my bad, I should have read the credits
Still, it's only issue #2 and there are already 2 artists? I don't like that.

>she's dying of a metaphor
Yep, this is definitely a Ewing book.

What even is this art style? Faux-anime? Absolute trash is what it is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/mlpol/

They get paid by the page. Hence why it's called a "page rate."

>Bigger than the Annihilation Wave
HE SAID THE THING

Meyers draws to slow for them to make the double ship deadline. All the ressurection books with the except of black bolt had their first two chapters come out in the same month. He should be fine for the once a month ones.

The traced spaceship and the copy-pasted flying aliens look pretty shitty.

I thought for the name that it was some new fresh indie tittle, then I read the description to know that is just another desperate try to attract people to Inhuman shit.

Bump

>He fell for the Ewing meme

Any writer that submits a script with the phrase "Bigger than the Annihilation Wave" for approval should be fired on the spot.

pity bump

Fuck off. I've been reading Ewing for longer than you have for definite, because I read 2000AD. Some of his earlier work there was a bit scattered, so I've not this idea he is a superb writer who can never go wrong. But sense of fun, complex plotting, character voices, continuity - he's good at all those and books like Ultimates, New/USAvengers and CoC have been good.

They might be bigger than the Annihilation wave but they are certainly weaker if the Inhumans took them out that easily.

It was just like a thousand Chitauri in Power Rangers in Space Galaxy Gliders and a big dumb space whale.

bigger than the annihilation wave =/= more competent than the annihilation wave

This a large scale version of the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope.

It's purely a numbers thing. The Annihilation Wave had Annihilus with the cosmic control rod, a giant Galactus-Gun capable of blowing up planets, a powerful armada, and individual members like Annihilus' commanders and Thanos around to deal with individual threats.

The Chitauri are just a massive army of cannon fodder. No real leaders, not that strong individually, sub-par tech for a space army, and the only "ships" they have are the giant space whales which don't seem to have any actual offensive capabilities beyond "ram head first into thing" and "bite." Literally the only reason they're a "threat" to anyone is purely because of how many of them there are.

They won't fuck right?

Technically the entirely of the annihilation wave would outnumber the rest of the universe via sheer biomass. The skies should be blotted out.

This book isn't very good because none of the Inhumans have interesting personalities beyond Maximus.

I liked this. Thanks OP

I mean, when they asked Ewing how he could sum up this entre story, he just said "He's his brother's keeper". It was pretty obvious. Still, best boy.

The Inhumans really don't give a shit about Earth, do they?

size matters not

it's probably just editorial mandate

Why would they?

I am confused by the inconsistency in the art. Page one looks badass; this page looks like it took about an hour.

>lack of intimacy
Oh please, his penis has been in your mouth. He could totally fool you if he wanted to.

I guess the better way to say it would be "the Inhumans don't give a shit about anyone not in the Royal Family." There are still a bunch of nuhumans on earth

How strong is Gorgon? He almost went toe on toe with collossus. Thought, he wouldnt be much more then 2 tons.

Whose penis hasn't been on Medusa's mouth in the last five years? Other than her husband's I mean.

That can't be true. Can it?

I could of sworn it was from some Marvel Max run, but I cant find it on the imprint listing

does it really count with Maximus? Dude has mind control.

>Ewing: They don't fit into the boxes. They're not heroes - they've done some awful things - and at the same time, they're not villains

Don't expect them to be super heroic in this user.

Like class 60. He fought Thing a bunch, Gorgon is really strong just not colossus strong and definitely not as durable.

What..? Is just another perspective...

>that crystal
MUH

The husband/wife thing has been triggering me so fucking much since the past issue, for fucks sake they have been divorced for a while now, she even had her very own boytoy humping her at the slightest opportunity e ven in front of her so calles "husband".

>permission to die!

Because there was a fill-in artist for all the pages that Jonboy Meyers couldn't do. Jonboy is a great artist, but he's slow as fuck so he couldn't handle a double-shipped book. I think it's going to monthly starting next issue though so hopefully Jonboy won't need fill-ins anymore.

Nuhumans are like .01% inhuman. Just enough to get powers but it's not like they're thoroughbreds or anything. Most of them don't even pledge fealty to House Boltagon, so fuck 'em.

Well that whole issue has been circumvented thanks to the fact that Black Bolt isn't even in the comic.

The real fuck up is that thony silas tried to ape Jonboy's style instead of doing his own.

that's usually the way fill-in artists operate unless the writer deliberately wants a different art style

How did he manage to look so jacked?

>She's dying of metaphor

That's more like it, Ewing!

well you'll notice his costume completely changes so ILLUSIONS

>dying of a metaphor
I see we're going full Morrison now.

Was this supposed to be a Death of Captain Marvel reference?

Between this, the god fights in ultimates, and god of stories Loki Ewing is really trying to get in on that Meta battle stuff.

we've been full Morrison since Agent of Asgard

bump

>We are the dead

There are no heroes left in man.