Invincible #135 Story Time

It's time! Will anyone die? Will it be another talking issue like I predicted?

Let's find out, Sup Forumsmprades!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE GOT MURDER. YES!!!!

Oh boy, time for my monthly dose of Murder-Man.

Murder and talking. The best of bost worlds!

>forgot the image
>bost

christ almighty, I'll stick to just posting the pages.

uh oh, have we got, dare I say, a PLAN on our hands here?? Also, how does this cunt not see Space Racer just fuckin' chilling behind him?

The Adventure of the Blind Viltrumite continue!

ahahahha

>GONNA GET HUGE

Forgot to say in the last post but Terra is far fucking too adorable for this world. Please don't die. Protect her, Mark and Eve. Please.

LAst I ssue I got wasat Oliver burrial. any chance you'll post what came after after that?

Thresha is so cute

Could this be an upcoming face-turn for daughter? Followed by her eventual murder by Thragg?

Ruh-roh. The least discrete tail of all time, Space Racer and his strange feet-hands are here!

This seems like a poor decision. You think that they're here to bargain?

WHO /THRAGG/ HERE???

youtube.com/watch?v=E7oMBq1vkCM

Definite face-turn set up. She's realising how little Thragg gives a shit about anyone else.

She's also a total, flat chested cute. I hope she lives.

Annnnd letters. That's all folks.

Sure, this thread usually dies pretty fast anyway. I'll post 134 in a bit. Be warned though, it's a lot of words.

What do y'all think of the movie announcement? Are Goldberg and Rogen a good fit? Never seen Green Hornet but Superbad is a damn teen classic and I was one of the dozen who actually like Preacher. Cüd b güd.

Thanks.

and damn this issue is over already?

Due to a one user demand, here's the previous issue!

I know man, 19 pages is a bit of a cop-out but I really cannot complain, it's gonna a be long road to next year.

Freddy looks a little disappointed there's no fight.

Thokk?
THOKK?

What the fukk kind of name is that?

After his encounter with Battle Beast--sorry, Thokk he probably did the racist thing, the Viltrumite thing and assumed all of his kind were as bloodthirsty, stubborn and troublesome.

"this is a cool batch of issues were going out on"
continue to be the worst few issues in invincible history

what the fuck is kirkman doing?

nothing is happening here that didnt already happen in the last 3 issues....

Ah, Ambassador Mokk, we hardly knew ye.

May you join your brother Thokk in the Thundercats themed Valhalla of your people.

No sound in space, only telepathy

I said it last thread, and the thread before, and the thread before but I honestly think it'll be 4-5 issues of set-up and 5-6 of the battles and 2 or even one for clean up. It'll read better in the trade I assume, as the case with most long arcs. I'm being a bit optimistic I know but I really want the series to go out on a high, man.

Battle Beasts are on the move! Battle Beasts are loose! Battle battle battle battle beasts! (Guitar riff)

Or maybe Kirkman is setting you up to expect the face turn, then at the moment of truth she dashes those expectations to pieces, by murdering a beloved cast member to prove her loyalty.

hnnnnnng my fucking heart, hope they don't murder Terra she's just too real.

/sorry for the delays, irl shit dudes

>that feel when daughter pours her heart out to you and you can barely restrain the urge to rip her head off

So we only have nine issues to go?

Yeppers. 3/4 of a year to go.

meant for :^)

incoming best scene of the series so far

Does Thragg actually give a fuck about the empire or is this more of a fuck you revenge scheme?

I am very surprised he confessed to them. I was so expecting the news to be delivered by Thragg himself at the worst moment.

KAWAIII-DESU

>you enter your parent's room and see them dressed like this
what do?

This is heart-crushing.

i want to be optimistic, but kirkman is really making it hard with these filler issues. its reading out to me like he clearly has an end in mind, but has no idea how to tell the story leading up to that conclusion in a way that seems natural.

there was a 2 issue chase where Oliver died and tera flew (coulda been one issue)

this issue had 2 double spread splash pages
(just needed one) and a page with no words showing us that we will get a rogue viltrumite (which has already been foreshadowed the last 5 issues)

marks great plan was to capture a viltrumite and interrogate him to tell them the location of a place that gets revealed by the lone blind viltrumite anyway

its running in circles....

it could be that im tired (night shifts).... but did i miss something?

Letters!

I think it is a little meandering and maybe it would have benefitted from not being a 12 issue arc but I still want to hold out hope it'll deliver.

>there was a 2 issue chase where Oliver died and tera flew (coulda been one issue)
Strongly disagree. The way it was put was much better as it was. Sometimes, you have to take your time.

I don't know what people are complaining about, but I am thrilled by those development.

yeah im probably just bitter. ive been reading invincible for years and its ending in a way that is awkward... ill hold out hope though! the good news is something definitely is about to go down. the last panel is thragg, invincible, allen, and eve. something we havent seen in years.

>tfw she calls
>tfw she wants a good time

Is the page where he escapes missing?

>mark "i have a plan"
>allen "i dont wanna do this"
>mark "no, its good plan"

cuts to mark, allen, nolan and eve (thats only 4 people if you were keeping count) storming a heavily populated viltrumite base where thragg is located in "the most bloodiest invincible battle of all time!"

great plan mark you fucking idiot.

Not the same guy. Hair's different.

Don't worry, I'm sure Mark and Nolan went to Earth to get Robot to help out. He better be there

It's a feint.

Stellaris mod when?

whats going on here? who did they save? who does eve have in her shield?

i need a refresher because im drawing a blank

>whats going on here?
Not much. Literally. Not only are Mark and Evo suicide bombing ships into shield generator buildings to disable the opposition's defenses, as Mark and Eve note but I figure this issue was just showing meaningless conflicts to pad.
>who did they save?
Just the pilots
>who does eve have in her shield?
The pilots.

Anyway the sum of it is they're "liberating" places Thragg took over and telling the inhabitants to keep their heads down.

Invincicucky is the best cucky in the world.

>how do you feel about headbutts?

is mark gonna headbutt someone to death again? not gonna lie, going straight for thragg in his (new) home turf is totally ballsy. and since we're only 3 issues out of 12 in, I can see this going horrible wrong and mark and the coalition having to regroup. hope not though.

thanks a lot for the story time OP and for always having it up early on wednesdays.

I don't think it's intended as padding. It feels more like he had all these extant ideas about the universe or characters (e.g. daughter lady is sad or all cats are retarded) and tried to fit them all in. If anything, the issue suffers from how short each vignette is.

Mark there is a certain someone on Earth that can make this war a lot more easier for you.

Is Thragg just Space Negan?

So is she right about Thragg not caring about them or is she wrong do you guys think?

Earth is the prize baby, them's inferior V Babies, though the reproductive and maturation rates make them for great cannon fodder.

why would Robot help Mark?

Because Freddy is going to want Earth eventually and Rudy has become friends with Nolan. Their goals intertwine and he just happens to have an army of Viltrumite murdering machines.

>ontinue to be the worst few issues in invincible history

no, these are just as great as the rest.

I know that Sup Forums is full of shit when criticism towards the book are shit like ''Mark should have killed the guy that fucked his wife! not killing him means that he is a KEK!''

God, this kid is just too precious.

I just don't like Invincible because it sucks.

Yup, a.k.a. Kirkman's MurderDeathRapeKill fetish personified.

People still read this? I think I dropped it back around issue 30.

Thousand bucks say they're going to deploy the virus, try and wipe out Thragg's entire group in one go.

I suspect it will not end well.

He doesn't care. He might care when caring doesn't get in his way, and he might care a bit more when it helps him (like he's doing in the pic, persuading one of his more capable assets back to his side).

But I bet you dollars to donuts it'll wind up with him either explosively declaring that he never cared in a moment of anger or using his dying breath to tell her how much he loved all of them and regrets not showing it more, because somewhere along the way Kirkman lost the ability to write believable drama.

>somewhere along the way Kirkman lost the ability to write believable drama.

He never had the ability to write believable drama. His tenure on Ultimate X-Men just exposed him when he wasn't getting all that MUH ZOMBIES fanboy love and MUH DECONSTRUCTED SUPERMAN PASTICHE praise from the "critics."

Haven't given that hack a dime since he telegraphed Glenn's death like Alexander Graham Bell on a three-week coke binge.

It was believable enough in the early days of Invincible. Things like Debbie drinking, Cecil betraying Mark and ruining their relationship, then the two of them steadily rebuilding it, Nolan slowly realizing that hey, he loves his wife, and Rex going from prick to nice guy were all handled pretty well and believably to me.

Granted, I've never read Walking Dead, or Ultimate X-Men, not being fans of zombies or the X-Men, so he might have more misses than hits.

Cus marvel and DC are so fucking great every decade rehashing the same shit.

KIrkman has some flaws of course and I basically stopped buying walking dead but Invincible to me is what basically brought me back to comics in general after going through the late 80s early 90s bullshit of comics when I was a kid culminating in the clone saga in 97-99.

If you think Invincible sucks then you haven't been around long enough to experience the suck of cock of the big two. At least Invincible is ending while the two big cock sucking companies recycle the same shit over and over.

adorbs