Best series finale: Teen Titans

Alright Sup Forums, prove me wrong on this: I just finished this show for the first time (after seeing it here constantly) and I'm fully convinced this was the best series finale in cartoon history. I liked Things Change but it doesn't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-mhSej6AwOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But that's not the finale.
The episode after where Terra is in school is.

Read the fucking spoiler, idiot.

That doesn't count. It was supposed to be the previous season's finale but was held back for some reason. This was the much better ending.

>Argent didn't get a real episode on her own
Fuck that shit

She got far more screentime than a bunch of the other characters in the finale like Cheshire. Now THAT is fucked up.

looking back, I think it made for a better finale though. The fucking title right there is a message to everybody wistfully remembering it as SO GOOD and wishing it would keep going which is why we got TTG in the first place instead of letting go and moving on, hurt but better for having experienced it.

But then they made the movie and ruined that, if that was even the message to begin with.

We could have had an actual Starfire season, but buttkissers like you helped TTG happen instead.

I dunno. The ending to that episode made them look way too overpowered in the end. They had recruited so many heroes to the point that nobody could oppose them. With no real threat, there's no conflict and so there's no suspense/drama or anything at stake. Then again, in the very next episode it looked like they had all gone back to where they came from and it was just Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven and Cyborg again which made it feel all comfy with the focus shifting back to just the 5 of them after their big epic all the heroes vs all the villains story arc.

There's no guarantee that the supervillains from that episode would never come back, though, unless you think they kept them frozen (a big moral no-no for heroes, especially someone like Robin). Also, if season 6 were Starfire's season like predicted, the major threat would probably be from outer space, so on a whole new level.

I kinda don't want the stakes to get higher though. I feel like that's how a lot of shows write themselves into a corner because you keep having to introduce a bigger and bigger threat until it's so over the top, you become detached from whats happening and the threat loses all weight. I liked it more when it focused more on Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven and Starfire going up against Slade and having to protect both the city and themselves from him. It felt more personal and grounded with Slade as their main threat. I actually thought Slade was pretty intimidating as a kid because you never really knew what he was fully capable of and you felt like he was always holding back from showing off his real power levels. Kinda like the father from Kids Next Door.

If we were talking season 7 I might agree with you.
A serious intergalactic threat would totally make sense for a real final boss for this show, though.

But Slade was practically the only decent villain throughout most of the show. Plus, many of the episodes with new Titans, especially with new groupings like the Titans East, were absolute gold.

I can't make out who's between Kid Flash and Bumblebee. It's driving me crazy

I'm thinking maybe Kilowatt or Jericho

I wish we got to see more of Jinx adjusting as a Titan. Interacting with the original five and whatnot.

Destroyer was better.

Just rewatched the original scene, it's clearly Kilowatt.

>But Slade was practically the only decent villain throughout most of the show
But... I'm not disagreeing with you user. I thought Slade was definitely the best villain in the show as well.

The final battle where they play the Teen Titan theme song was epic.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mhSej6AwOE

Throughout *most* of the show. The Brotherhood in particular was excellent, probably better than Slade because we actually got to see their plan in action.
I wanted more supervillains like that in a season 6.

>the Teen Titan theme song
You've got to be kidding me... all this time I thought how epic the soundtrack was in that episode, and I didn't realize it was a remix!