What was this board like during TFA's first few weeks?

What was this board like during TFA's first few weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/Variety/status/942095732257034242
youtube.com/watch?v=1rHyf0FBvt4
youtube.com/watch?v=S0EqllPAQe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kinda like this

Except with way more SJW-Sup Forums wars. The conditioning takes hold...

There were far less memes and stupid moments in TFA though

People will be praising The Last Jedi once Episode IX gets released. It’s what basement dwellers are like

The word contrarian was thrown around
a lot

>ad hominem

it was only two years ago, how can you not remember?

It wasn't nearly as critical of TFA for good reason, TFA was a better movie. Not a good movie but less bad.

Crying about how Rey beat Kylo without any training.

I just finished watching it actually (I was bored). He was shot in the hip and bleeding everywhere - that shit had to hurt - wounded once against Finn, and once against Rey until he got his face cut and was defeated. All this after killing his dad and being an emotionally wrecked state.

tbqh, at this point, I can see how he lost that fight.

>another star shit thread

we were plenty critical of TFA

bitching about mary sues, as always

TFW was so-so but I really liked TLJ

It was more mixed. Some people liked it, others saw it as a soulless rehash. TLJ is getting ass fucked much harder.

people liked it more, it wasn't as bad as people thought but it wasn't great

even being a remake and having a shitty rey character, it had some things to look forward to but TLJ just threw all that out AND then proceeded to completely destroy luke

There were complaining, but more people praised it compared to now

didn't really browse Sup Forums much at that time

back then it was only the beginning of the reddit containment. not the full blown reddit quarantine we are now.

A lot of GENERAL threads. Sheevposting at its early stage happened too.

>Ehh soft reboot
>J.J. laid foundation to make two great films
>"Rey is so kawaii"
>Lucas crying memes
>General shitposting from people who didn't watch the movie
>Sheev posting

I don’t give a fuck, Sup Forums mentality is pathetic

>Retarded Rey a cute, CUTE threads
>JJ is a hack
ect

It was the same. Every edgy kid was shitting on it and if you said anything vaguely positive about they jumped on you and called you a shill.

Like paying actual humans to shitpost on some internet forum would be an efficient way to advertise anything.

>J.J. laid foundation to make two great films

Not on my watch.

>J.J laid the foundation to me two great films
fuck off shill, nobody said that.

What did Rian mean by this?

It was fun to make fun of the prequels. It's not as much fun to make fun of the Disney ones due to the subtle-as-a-sledgehammer leftist propaganda. The prequels were harmless.

Well, you can always go back, faggot.

Rian doesn't watch anything.

why are you here then?

This is how you spot a shill.

There was no dumb shit in TFA like Superman Leia or monster milk.

>Yeah, you see, I wrote it to be bad and anti-climatic on purpose, which means it's actually good, because it's stupid by design.

That's true. He didn't watch TFA. He probably just skimmed the Wikipedia plot synopsis.

I remember people actually happy about the movie. There were plenty of positive threads. Then the "IV 2" started.

All goodwill is gone this time, thoygh.

it was a rehash.
not orignal, but not bad. so was watchable and gave some ideas or posibilities about the future of the franchise.
was some debate wether Rei was or not a mary sue.

>the antagonists were literally capitalists
>one of them named after ronald reagan
>connecting slavery and dictatorship to capitalism

Yeah the prequels weren't leftist and propagandistic at all, right

There ain't no debate now. She makes Luke and Anakin look like pikers.

This can't be real.

Unbearable to the extent that I migrated to /r9k/ for a while and tried to fit in there. It's only going to get worse here over the next few weeks, trust me.

I have to admit it feels good to be here and witness the NEETS and scum of society banter over meaningless stuff. It’s sheer entertainment.

Mostly good reception actually. Some complained of it being too safe and disney esque.

Pretty much the same, but a bit better because Trump hadn't announced his candidacy yet so people weren't injecting politics into everything.

there no NEETs or scum here anymore. just edgy teenagers like yourself.

worse, cause TFA is also bad but TLJ makes life easier for people to see it

Bitch please, it was all Finn faces and "APOLOGIZE"

So true. It's funny to see people have now turned around and started praising it on this board.

The discussions were pretty cool.

Yeah there were some complaints about Rey being a kinda mary sue and the plot being derivative of A New Hope, but overall it was chill. Also dat Traitor meme and Poe/Finn shipping was good fun.

Nothing like that is going down with The Last Jedi because of how badly it fucked shit up.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
no, they really won't

People were really forgiving of Finn in the first day.

"I bypassed the character development"

this too.

Sure there was complaining about GamerGate and SJWs, but the horrible Trumpcuck invasion had yet to happen.

Candidate Trump was a fucking mistake.

Trump announced June of that year.

>rehash
Oh, the "glib fascimile" threads.

>not anymore

>antagonists of prequel trilogy were called "the Separatists"
>separatist: a person who supports the separation of a particular group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender.
>i.e. Sup Forumstards and their white ethnostate bullshit

Based George was fighting Sup Forums decades ago, you just didn't know it at the time because you weren't a Sup Forumstard yet.

I remember Sup Forums actually enjoying tfa with the haters in a vocal minority.

Tlj is straight deserving.of the hate tho.

Two movies in an she's still doing it. Impressive.

everyone just thought his bid was going to end up being a total joke like it did back in 2012, though.

sadly, we were so, so fucking wrong and the Trumpcuck menace, MAGA and God Emperor scum suddenly happened.

Fuck, Sup Forums was a lot more bearable at the time too.

You can not be serious

>13 ya old doesn't understand the difference between oligarchism and capitalism.

Pro tip, the republic was capitalist.

twitter.com/Variety/status/942095732257034242

he's digging himself deeper.

More whining about the quips back then. Now more whining about what actually happens in the movie. We have improved.

Better than the alternative. Trump is doing a good job so far anyway. I don't get bogged down in all the petty shit people complain about.

what am i supposed to be seeing here, kid?

Sup Forums need to be removed and this is coming from a Trump supporter. Retards from Sup Forums shit up every single board.

No, you can't be serious

>hugs
>your mom
>toss lightsaber to the sea
>milky sea creature

I could go on and on. Meanwhile, the worst Marvel comedy that TFA did was Poe with Kylo.

>Sheeve posting

Christ I miss it

>It’s sheer entertainment
Sure, you are not foaming at your mouth at all, cuck.

bullshit it was exactly the same, just browse the archives ffs

>Trump is doing a good job so far anyway.
nope. He's even worse than I anticipated.

The separatists were quite diverse ethnically though (multiple alien races, etc.), and the whole basis of their rebellion was a dispute over taxation. They were industrialists unhappy about the republic taxing them too harshly, it was nothing about cultural separation. They were very clearly capitalism-themed, even Grievous' flagship was named the Invisible Hand.

If you say so, soy boy. You wouldn't happen to be a Rian Johnson fan, would you?

The Last Jedi fucking sucked, though.

>trumpcuck is pissed
Making libshits mad, that's his only value.

>Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

will anything ever top this?

Only Darth Jar Jar can save this franchise now.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rHyf0FBvt4

Same as this in terms of the amount of threads being made, but the majority of them were ANH REHASH or MARY SUE endless +300 post discussions because there was something to even argue about in terms of the characters and the potential stories, while here there's almost nothing to argue about, just straight up unbelievably contrived dogshit and that's it.

No ridiculous webms like we have with Space Leia and tittymilk Luke or anything like that

the way your basement dwelling cohorts think. Proving that the NEETS and the scum of society are still very much the majority of the Sup Forums whiners.

>kid

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Homu thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" lesbian magical girl, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a mahou shoujo movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Homufag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

PS: I’m not a kid :)

Check the archives.

Your mother’s pussy fluids indeed tend to foam a bit

but is it really worth flushing the entire country down the toilet, though?

all of this "fuck liberals" bullshit that Limbaugh and Fox News started back in the late 80s has really taken a bad toll on our country in the last few years. Yes we have dividing opinions, but we need to get our shit back together.

Trump needs to fucking go in order to save our country...and no, Hillary ain't the answer either (she was always a lameass, uninteresting granny that rode the coattails of based Bill)

>stale pasta not even relevant to the conversation
>im not a kid
I don't believe you, kid :^)

good times
youtube.com/watch?v=S0EqllPAQe4

anyone remember lukeposting

They were obsessed with the box office and beating Based Cameron.

Went quiet when /ourguy/ kept the No1 and No2.

Couldn't even beat Titanic kek.

man, those were much simpler, friendlier, funnier times.

Not to mention those early Force Awakens memes are still funny as hell.

>but is it really worth flushing the entire country down the toilet, though?
Hello mr. 56%

>I talk first you talk first
>stormtroopers doing a 180
>bb 8 thumbs up
>han shooting chewies gun for the first time ??
>aaand i'll drop my weapon
>trash compactor DUDE LOL

>Trump needs to fucking go in order to save our country

If you have an (R) next to your name these days, you're a Nazi enabler according to the left and that's never going to change now. Obama himself didn't divide the country, but the culture that came about because of his presidency did. The left reached way too far with their bullshit during his 2nd term. Normal people seem to already forget just how bad things were prior to Trump.

I don’t believe you either :) my dear NEET, how’s living off welfare working out for you?

People shitting on it constantly, people praising it constantly. The same as is it ever was.

I don't have a problem with Avatar, but I'll never understand how it became the top grossing movie of all time.

Liberals sure hate the poor, unless they are niggers of course.

I'm as much a NEET as you a high school graduate. your life much be pretty pathetic if the only way you can make yourself feel better is by comparing yourself to the absolute bottom of society.

The entirety of TFA was MEMA STAH WAHS MEMBA HOW WARM AND HAPPY STAH WAHS MADE YOU FEEL MEMBA MEMBA MEMBA HAN SOLOS JACKET MEMBA?!?!?!?! Fuck TFA. TLJ is kino son. One day you'll understand.

Imagine if Luke in the OT had been done they same way they're doing Rey:
>knows how to speak to R2D2
>can fight off the tusken raiders and the ruffians in the bar without any trouble
>knows more than Han about how the Falcon works
>doesn't need any teaching from Obi-Wan, starts to use the force quickly without much effort
>fights Vader on the Death Star in the first film, mostly beats him (Vader was injured or some shit, it makes sense fagot xD)
>goes to Dagobah
>doesn't need any training from Yoda, instantly a Jedi

I honestly didn't think the board would ever move on.

it wasn't even that long ago what the heck