Does anybody else not want eene to be rebooted

I mean i grew up with that show, that show is like my baby that i would kill for, but i don't trust current cartoon network with it because it will probably get shot by the sjw and LGBT propaganda bullet that fell most of cn's modern shows and reboots, you feel me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was a reboot even on the table? Anyway, yeah. It doesn't need a reboot and one in this day and age would likely blow unprecedented amounts of dick.

Danny Antonucci own the rights to EEnE and CN can't do anything about it, calm down.

How far do rights extend? I mean, if Cartoon Network decided to make a show called "Ted Boys" where the protagonists are three young boys named Ted enjoying the summer and trying to scam their neighborhood kids (consisting of the neighborhood jock Calvin, pretty girl Natasha, weird foreign kid Adolf, weird regular kid Ronnie with his imaginary friend/traffic cone Cone, one of the Teds younger sister Tara and her annoyingly feminine friend Timmy) whilst trying to avoid getting harassed by the trailer trash the Ulser Sisters, would they be within their rights to do that or could Antonucci sue?

>It doesn't need a reboot
because it was finished. they won. the other kids finally accepted the ed boys and ed was able to stand up to his older brother

>weird foreign kid Adolf

No. This decade has been far too coddled as it is by constant recycling and rebooting of previously sucessful shows.

Let go. Stop obsessing over shows that have already been wrapped up in a satisfying way. You can always go back to them and rewatch them without worrying that a potential reboot may ruin them for you. If anything, follow whatever the creators that made that show good are currently doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk

Stop living in the past and start looking to the future.

Thanks for the advice user, i really did need it

Bring back the brothers grunt

>If anything, follow whatever the creators that made that show good are currently doing.
Every 2000s creator I can think of is now either out of the industry altogether or making utter dogshit.

So it's like Calvin and Hobbes, but the kid is a hyperactive shit, instead of a snarky ass?

>This decade has been far too coddled as it is by constant recycling and rebooting of previously sucessful shows.

I agree.

>Let go. Stop obsessing over shows that have already been wrapped up in a satisfying way.

The issue is that, MOST CARTOON NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A RESOLUTION. They are just canceled out of nowhere, without the writters being able to make the resolution that they wished so.

This isn't the case of EEE because it actualy managed to do its ending, but this is why this isn't so bad with other things, like: Samurai Jack, Zim and Hey Arnold - shows that were canceled before their intended resolution.

That pilot looks like it has some potential

The show ended on a high note. Let it be.

At least Samurai Jack and Hey Arnold finales are happening.

Zim will likely never happen because Jhonen Vasquez hates Nickelodeon with a burning passion after they kept dicking him around for the entire normal Invader Zim run.

>MOST CARTOON NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A RESOLUTION
To be fair, most cartoons weren't made to HAVE a resolution. You think the original Powerpuff Girls was made with a specific finale in mind? Or Johnny Bravo? Or Rocko's Modern Life?

Ed Edd 'n Eddy had a resolution because Antonucci wanted to go out with a decent bang. Samurai Jack got rebooted because it was the kind of show that was DESIGNED to have a resolution. Hey Arnold is getting a resolution because there were enough hints throughout the series that there was going to be SOME kind of resolution, and that subjects that came up frequently carried over episode to episode.

>oh no, the sjws will ruin eene if they reboot it, REEEEEE

Oh, please. An EEnE reboot wouldn't be a bad idea because of that. It'd be a bad idea because the show definitively ended and they were clearly running out of steam near the end. Nobody thinks that the fifth season was the best out of the five. Stop shoving your paranoia where it doesn't belong.

Probably wouldve already been greenlit if this were 2007 CN

powerpuff girls and steven user, powerpuff girls and steven

>Zim will likely never happen because Jhonen Vasquez hates Nickelodeon with a burning passion after they kept dicking him around for the entire normal Invader Zim run.

They already confirmed a movie, with Jhonen Vasquez in it.

>To be fair, most cartoons weren't made to HAVE a resolution. You think the original Powerpuff Girls was made with a specific finale in mind? Or Johnny Bravo? Or Rocko's Modern Life?

Man, as an animator that knows a lot of animators, I say that most writters would rather have an special finale planed than just making a random episode. Working on a cartoon is something special and that takes time, and so people are invested on it, its the same thing as you said with Antonucci.

Rocko's Modern Life had a finale in mind actualy, it had them going to the future to play with the notion of "modern life".

Hell, a lot of cartoons have multiple finales in mind and actualy do them, before being renewed for new seasons. Timm said that each finale of JL and JLU was done in a way that it could be the end of the show if they didnt had more seasons.

>They already confirmed a movie, with Jhonen Vasquez in it.
Well shit, first I've heard about that.

Is it the Invader Dib movie or they doing something different?

There's a trailer on YouTube user

>tara and his annoying friend timmy

No, reboots of completed series are never a good idea.

I'd rather EEnE stay dead forever and it never have reruns again (which is surprisingly rather accurate today) over it being rebooted and it becoming a husk of it's former self.

This literally was my favorite show as a kid, and if they did to this what they did to the Powerpuff Girls I'd literally get a gun and start shooting people.

>I'd rather EEnE stay dead forever and it never have reruns again (which is surprisingly rather accurate today) over it being rebooted and it becoming a husk of it's former self.
Respect.

I want it to stay dead

I really don't want Ed Edd N Eddy GO or Nu EEnE

>I'd literally get a gun and start shooting people.
It's honestly the only way to deal with stuff like this.

>In the pilot Nu Eds start a patreon to pay for micro transactions
>Nu Kevin calls them problematic shit lords in his fumblr blog
>Nu Johnny is gay/autistic/DSMV'd
>Nu Nazz has lesbian undertones with Nu Sarah for that sweet sweet "mature audience" demographic
>Most scams revovle around trendy crowdfunding sites or youtube fads
>Most episodes take place in-doors

It writes itself, honestly

I think if you had posted this thread with a picture of a cartoon that DIDN'T get an ending-- Pirates of Dark Water, Duckman, shit, even Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors or something, then you'd have a good case of pining for a reboot.

Then you have shows like Spectacular Spider Man or Transformers Animated or cape shows in general. Even if one show didn't get an ending, a reboot of it would be next to impossible than the above because that show was replaced by a new take on the subject matter-- the execs are *not* going to go back to the original (the only exception I can even think of that comes close is Batman TAS got to keep going through Justice League even though The Batman was airing. But that doesn't count because JL/JLU is a spin off.) Sorry, but even the greatest kickstarter and a massive blackmailing campaign won't bring one of these shows back.

But then you mention EE&E, which *had* an ending. If the show was conclusive, then what is the point? Look at the other reboot shows. Ben-10 has like, what, 3 reboots now, the Powerpuff Girls reboot is universally reviled, and I think this board would massively shit itself if someone announced a Johnny Test reboot.

The only other time a reboot is warranted is (hopefully) a case like Duck Tales when the original toon's been off the air for more than 20 years, they're taking it in a different direction (Donald seems to be a main cast member and or they're going to have new adventures and closer Barks/Rosa adaptations etc.) Even there, it's not a matter of counting down the decade clock before bringing back...I don't know, Rescue Rangers next, it's a matter of how you're making sure the new version is going to attract a new audience AND bring back some of the old one.

Why would you assume it'd ever be rebooted? Nothing about EEnE screams "franchise." Thing get rebooted because the longevity of the brand outlives the longevity of the show. EEnE barely has a brand.

Ed Edd n Eddy got the ending it needed, which is more than other shows got. It will always live on in our hearts as it was.

On a more cynical note, CN won't bring it back because it isn't nearly as marketable or exploitable like TTG and PPG.

>powerpuff girls and steven

Powerpuff girls reboot was crap, because it was poorly thought out, plotted and mildly boring. You could have slapped nazi propaganda onto it, market it as some kind of springtime for hitler deal, and it'd still barely break mediocrity.

>steven

Wait, what? SU is liberal sure, but it's not exactly propaganda. All the enemies are feminine rock people who don't actually get off their butts to do anything, the best character is the single dad, all the villainous intentions towards the 'gem mixers' and fusions are by said feminine rock aristocracy, the show literally has Pearl being shunned in favour of Greg by Rose, and when they introduced the right wing, republican, all american type all he did was get annoyed that they used his barn without permission, stop being nostalgic for gatherings that were no longer practical and become part of the Universe family.

Also, it takes the piss out of 'guy with a blog types', so it's fine by me.

Unless this is a different steven of course.

Source? Is that happening?

I'd watch this

Again, OP posted this out of his own autism. The show isn't coming back the creator owns the rights and has not said anything about it coming back.

That's because the creator got killed by a river of bullets.