A little on the nose, don't ya think?

A little on the nose, don't ya think?

Heh, really made me think.

Are they still doing this? I thought they gave up a long time ago.

Nah, everyone knows that doubling down on a failing strategy will surely work in the end!

It doesn't sell millions like in the 90s, but at least it's readable.

>kill the aliens!

>comics shouldn't be political
Watchmen and TDKR, widely regarded as two of the greatest comics of all time, heavily criticize Reagan. V for Vendetta, another considered one of the best, is anti-Thatcher.

Savage Dragon has always, ALWAYS been Larsen's place to experiment with whatever the fuck he wants and has always been heavy on the political satire.

So what you really mean is
>comics shouldn't be political if they disagree with me or cover currently controversial topics

Are you so unbelievably stupid that you think Savage Dragon is Marvel?

But Nixon was the PotUS in Watchmen...

IMO Nixon being re-elected so many times was Moore making a joke about Reagan being no different from Nixon.

But still there were very clearly a lot of critiques of Reagan-era America even if Reagan himself wasn't in it.

Also I'll admit you got me and I forgot Reagan wasn't in it at all. I was thinking of him from tDKR.

Well you're not wrong user, comics can be political. But there is a difference between criticizing and bashing a political person/ideology that some fags actually like. This cover takes a shit on those people. Thus the natural response is to hiss and shit back, resulting in less copies being sold. You may appeal to one side, but you will alienate the other.

Also, nice bait faggot.

>we want the Marvel audience

This lacks any subtly though. I mean I don't like Trump either but turning him into a big scary villian is shitty writing. I mean it's probably not the case and it's a big silly fakeout issue but if you want to write about politics you have to have way more fucking nuance about it

And I dunno, hasn't Savage Dragon always been over the top silly?

More like Marvel kept imitating him at first (he put Obama on the cover of his comic, then Marvel decided to do so long after) but beat him to it this time around

Nothing hard to get these days.

Yes, and?

Yeah, it has always been over the top silly.

Savage Dragon could hardly have lower sales. I think it resides well within the any publicity is good publicity bubble.
>((((((They))))))

It's Donald Trump. How do you subtley criticize a man who puts his name in gold on the side of buildings?

>This lacks any subtly though

It's Savage Dragon, not Shakespeare.

use silver?

Now there's an endorsement to slap on the cover.

There's a difference between insightful political commentary and fanfic-tier political shitslinging.

How does
>A little on the nose, don't ya think?
translate into
>comics shouldn't be political

Stupid retard.

I remember when hating on Bush was the latest meme, did comics do shit like this back in the day?

Personally I really want you guys to stop, Im not even american and I want every single one of you to shut the fuck up about your president

I thought that was Clinton. It's the hair, makes him look like Clinton.

Im honestly surprised there are still trump supporters on Sup Forums.

Clintons hair is more pushed back then that.

>I remember when hating on Bush was the latest meme, did comics do shit like this back in the day?

Sure. Go read Ennis' Punisher and 303. And Erik Larsen did this comic but the story was that the Bush getting punched out was an impersonator while the real one was kidnapped. There's still a jab at him when Dragon says to the real Bush that his imposter did pretty well in the debates.

I'm baffled that there are or ever have been Trump supporters period but what can you do?

That's a sign of facial blindness.

>I remember when hating on Bush was the latest meme, did comics do shit like this back in the day?

Sure. Go read Ennis' Punisher (specifically somewhere in the Marvel Knights ongoing) and 303. And Erik Larsen did this comic but the story was that the Bush getting punched out was an impersonator while the real one was kidnapped. There's still a jab at him when Dragon says to the real Bush that his imposter did pretty well in the debates.

Make fun of them and the rotten pumpkin they put their support behind.

Reagan was a literal war criminal who defied the UN. Thatcher was just a cunt.

really gets the noggin joggin'

Whatever you say you liberal scum. Go cry more about how your candidate didnt win and Reee on your own time kid.

Trump is a terrorist
Putin is the antichrist
Neofascism is destroying western civilization
Nationalism is a mental illness

Tell me more about much you love sharia law and your women being raped by migrants!

>Ignorance is Strength

Buy not attacking Trump himself and instead what he has said and done. Also recognizing people support him for reasons other then "they're white nationalist/racist/sexist" etc and treating the issues with more respect

tl;dr don't demonize him

>Putin is the antichrist
Didn't the leader of the Calexit movement called it quits and moved to Russia?

It's not one way or the other, slugger. You can not like Trump and still criticize shitty comics. This just looks like a desperate attempt for Larsen to try and reclaim a fraction of the relevancy he had 20 years ago. Like he's hoping that this cover will rile up Trump supporters and put Savage Dragon in the spotlight.

Cry moar.

Sup Forums has been politically right-leaning for years. I am surprised of the opposite

>It's not one way or the other, slugger.
Actually, it is.

JUST LIKE ALL THE POLLS THAT SAID HILLARY WAS GONNA WIN! Ahahahahha get over it, we won you lost. Your kind make me laugh.

Savage dragon has a long history of political covers. Eric Larson is very open about his politics. This is nothing new from him.

I've noticed that when people say that comics, or for that matter music, tv and film and celebrities shouldn't be political it's only when they disagree with their politics. Anyone who says someone shouldn't be political is a child who can't have their own beliefs challenged.

I'm honestly surprised that there aren't Trump supporters on Sup Forums boulevard hospital

Come on with the political shitflinging. Let's try and keep this one on Sup Forums. We don't want it deported like the last one.

>He thinks Savage Dragon is Marvel.

Don't be a retard. The difference is that Larsen is doing it because it's consistent with his political beliefs while Marvel is primarily doing things for attention. During the Clinton era we found out Dragon voted for Ralph Nader.

and it's a creator owned book, so he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

Comic writers are incapable of subtlety.

>'Okay I want to make a comic criticizing Donald Trump'
>LE GIANT DRUMF HATES LE ALIENS SMALL HANDS RUUUUUUUUUSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAA

well, why didn't he criticize obongo? it's not like he was a good president

This is different. They are forcing an agenda on our children and their readers. This is absolutely no different from brainwashing or indoctrination. But i guess youre already part of the hivemind sheep so of course you would want more people to be stupid like this.

all these are true though

>Aliens are obvious minorities (one is asian, the other two look black)
>Every person throwing rocks is white
>They all are dressed like white trash
>Trump for some reason wants to murder a bunch of aliens

DRUMPF BTFO I'M WITH HER, I JUST DONATED MY ENTIRE PAYCHECK WHO WILL MATCH ME?

it's Sup Forums, not /copol/, you fucking idiot

ok, if they did the same for Bush I can give em a pass for consistency

You can't be subtle about trump because it's impossible to do subtle with trump, the man is a walkong caricature.

>They are forcing an agenda on our children and their readers.

And you don't have to buy it if you don't want, ya big baby. It's a free fucking market.

We're talking about Savage Dragon here, user. The comic has been "fanfic-tier" since issue fucking 1.

He also wasn't a terrible and honestly not even a bad president.

TDKR criticized not only reagan, but also the media and popular opinions at the time, as well as young counterculture. It wasn't just bashing a single politician with no real criticism. Its like if the main villain was just a hillary-demon. That isn't a criticism, its just bumper sticker tier cariacture

To paraphrase the classic philosopher "At least he is a president, unlike you"

Yes and it deserves to be criticized for that. It has literally always sucked.

You can really tell who the people in this thread are whose only knowledge of comics begins and ends with Marvel threads.

And you wouldn't care if someone was just handing out or selling straight up Nazi propaganda? This is jsut the same. They are undermining the leader of the country at a time where we need support the most. People like you dont ever look at the bug picture, its jist reeeee the bad man said bad words. Get over yourself kid.

Are you kidding me? He was really awful and incompetent. I still laugh at his speech against Brexit. Had he been silent, brexit might not have happened.

We can also talk how he pumped the money into the banks, but maybe that's not an appropriate topic here.

I'd make a comic book cover were spiders shoot out of old dried up Hillary's twat,while Trump beats off his orange tiny dick with his Muppet Baby's hands.

>democracy won, now shut up forever
wew lad

You're about 20 years too late with that criticism though. Even PAD's Hulk took shots at Savage Dragon for being fanfic-tier by having an issue where the Hulk is trying to go "undercover" and he just puts on a big green fin then takes it off realising "even the biggest idiot on Earth could tell that I'm just the Hulk with a green fin on my head."

Confirmed for someone who never read the comic

Yes you can. You're just showing a complete and total lack of creative thought.

The actual way to criticize Trump WOULD be something subtle. Turning him into some giant, mass murdering psychopath is not clever political commentary, it's transcribing what you hear on CNN. Try commenting on whether or not Trump actually wants to be President in a creative way. Try to actually approach him and the situation like you're both functioning adults. Ask if populism is a good idea, or if the masses generally don't know what they want.

Then go make that comic. This is a creator owned book. No reason you can't go to one of the many creator owned publishers and make that yourself, or even go the self-publishing route. Worked for COPRA.

>They are undermining the leader of the country at a time where we need support the most.

Donald is doing the undermining all on his own, he doesn't need help on that front.

But Trump no longer represents the ideology of most people (or at least most vocal people) on Sup Forums. He 180° on russia, syria, obamacare and china. He doesn't even bring up the wall anymore. And if he tries to do something to win back voters who lost confidence he just fucks it up.

Its not that I was surprised there were trump supporters on Sup Forums during the campaign, the election or the beginning of his presidency. Its that I'm surprised there are still supporters by the end of his first 100 days.

I'm not the one that started an entire thread bitching about politics in a comic, you fucking idiot

Well, I disagree there. I thought Obama was simply Bush 2.0, but this time younger and more ethnic.

But trump isn't a functioning adult.

>S-StOP MAKING FUN OF MY GOD EMPEROR
this is actually a pretty nimble case of Political satire user with it being a callback to those classic superhero stories with the clear race relation metaphor only now it's about our attitudes towards immigrants using a politician with a clear closed border policy.

And more well-spoken, which is pretty important when it comes to being president.

Im just saying that polls and the like are all unreliable. They all have an agenda. Just like all of them who said Hillary was gonna win. Daddy Trump shoved all the lies of MSM in their face when he won. Get over it with your polls, they have no power here.

Me neither, you fucking dipshit

>Obama
>Well spoken

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

o-okey doke...

>did comics do shit like this back in the day?

Yes. It comes and goes, both in quality and intensity. We're well past Reagan levels, and reaching a point that we haven't seen since the 70's though. And some of the comics from the mainstream are looking more like Chick tracts.

Someone is forcing me to buy this? Shit I hadn't planned on picking it up but I guess since it's being forced on me it's already been added to my pull list

>This is different. They are forcing an agenda on our children and their readers.

Don't buy it then.
You cannot prevent this type of propaganda without unacceptable limitations of free speech. (And yes I do agree that it is actual propaganda not just satire)
Practically speaking kids don't buy Savage Dragon and this type of propaganda doesn't actually convince anyone anyway, it's just preaching to the converted, making people who already hate Trump feel good about themselves.
Most artists live in big cities and most people who live in big cities support globalist, leftist, anti free speech politics. That is just the way the world is these days.

>says a neet on Sup Forums

>Billionaire and President of the United States
>Not a functioning adult

now I know why you read comic books.

PAD/Larsen potshots are the greatest.

>I give you the finger

Then why do you come to me bitching about it rather than the OP?

Sup Forumsmblr is real

This just goes to show that we're living in a unsubtle political parody.
>Heavy Metal literally already did this.

So did Sup Forums support Bernie or Hillary?

Its the liberals and MSM that is throwing shade at the president. Hes doing the best he could do facing all this adversity. There has NEVER been a president who has faced such opposition. And all you wanna do is look at the bad things. Typical liberal.

I already did. I'm planning to bitch to anyone in this thread

>had to have his twitter taken from him for election day
what did he mean by this