Star Wars movies that are guaranteed to be made

>KOTOR Era
>Remake of the OT
>"George's original vision for VII, VIII, and IX"
>The Adventures of Luke Starkiller in THE STAR WARS
>Unnamed movie that takes place one thousand generations ago that details the origins of the Jedi and Sith
>Unnamed movie trilogy which incorporates Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, and aspects of the old EU
>Tales of the Jedi era
>Star Wars vs Marvel
>Star Wars vs Star Trek

Some of these might take a while to come out, but they're coming. Luke Skywalker ain't dead btw. He's gone full super hero route now and can be re-booted "alive" any time they want him to be since it wasn't Lucas that killed him off. See also: every comic book character ever.

>another star shit thread

fuck off nigger nobody cares

>nobody cares

Why is it that the tech in the star wars universe never seems to change, even over the course of centuries?

why when they can just do the stormlight archive and sell a million shard blade guys and spearmen

>the old EU
No, never. Give it up.

>Tales of the Jedi
>Ulic Qel-Droma, Nomi Sunrider, Beast Wars, Onderon, Krath Uprising
>Exar Kun
>jedi and sith running around in mail and plate armor in a medieval inspired SW setting

would be fucking glorious so it would never happen

>KOTOR
most likely possibility but it would be so OC DONUT STEELE
>The Adventures of Luke Starkiller in the STAR WARS based on the OG MacQuirre concept art
would watch in a heartbeat

yes, this was a low-key shitpost

You could rationalize that it is hard to improve on tech which is already so advanced. They have sort of hit a wall with hyperspace and turbolasers. Still, there is some incremental advancement. The tech in the Tales of the Jedi series is not as advanced as what you see in the OT.

That's the movie I want to see made more than any of the others. That version of the Jedi is what I always imagined growing up. If they were going to adapt it, of course they would make Nomi Sunrider the main character. That's just how things are done now.

Why are there planets with the majority of the people living in squalor? If they've hit a technological wall, wouldn't energy production have hit a wall too, meaning they could easily grow enough food for everyone to have a basic food stipend? I'm not a commie, but isn't that the logical conclusion of the end of scarcity? You could argue the elite still somehow benefit from there being a lower class, but honestly what does some space lord living on Coruscant have to gain from Schmi Skywalker living as a slave and cleaning dust off of shit all day? With prevalence of droids why do humans do any manual labor at all?

There are enough fans who grew up with that stuff for them to make a movie about it that will make money. They'll take the two best known bits of it: Shadows of the Empire and Heir to the Empire and make someone based off of one of those but incorporating elements of both.

Shadows of the Empire works well because you get more Vader and Luke.

Why do we have countries on Earth living with people living in squalor while we throw away a thousand tons of food a day in the US? While we have technology that could grow all the food Africa would need?

Shit's complicated.

It'd be best if the first one was a group effort, Nomi, Ulic, etc. as a cohesive unit, turn Ulic in the second movie, have Nomi redeem him in the third.

>While we have technology that could grow all the food Africa would need?
Do you actually believe this?

>me no lik moovie

>would be fucking glorious so it would never happen
I think it could happen due to the need for Disney to create a new Star Wars film franchise that is set far enough away from the PT/OT/NT era that they can have more creative freedom with the story. However, being intellectually bankrupt, Disney won't have someone write new characters when they already have a story outline in the TOTJ to work with.

I think in the next 20 years or so there will be some attempts to put a new spin on the franchise. Something like this would be what they'd look at. If they don't use it then it will be KOTOR or their own variety of Old Republic or earlier setting. I'd expect it to get a full trilogy.

>KOTOR Era
It will never happen. We don't live in a world good enough for it.

I think that is actually the most likely out of the whole list, although it may be a tv series.

>>Star Wars vs Marvel

After 8 plummets in second week and then stalls and limps over a billion, Solo bombs and no one shows up for 9 there's no guarantee there will be any Star Wars movies for a while. It might end up just cartoons and toys for a few years.

Oh, I'd say you are more right than wrong. I don't think Solo or 9 will bomb, but they won't make as much money as previous installments. And the budget won't be as high. Future Star Wars movies will be back to being a niche audience instead of a cultural event.

And it can't come soon enough imo. I want to go back to the late 80s/early 90s era when Star Wars was just another nerd franchise among many.

TOTJ is all I'd want to see, but they'd fuck it up beyond repair. Disney botched Thrawn already and would do likewise with Kun.