Gojira

>Looks at the current state of Star Wars
>Looks at the current state of Terminator
>Looks at the current state of Alien
Pic related was heaven-sent by comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dWhKh27tEHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Godzilla will never be as cucked as nu-Wars because Japanese filmmakers don't care about progressive/pc culture. I don't know about legendary, but Toho would never pull that shit. Hell, they've already made female led Godzilla movies with better characterization than Disney could pull off in 3 movies

I really enjoyed Shin.

I'm super looking forward to Legendary Goji 2 though.

my waifu would be beauty shamed if she was in a western piggu movie
japan superior

>I'm super looking forward to Legendary Goji 2 though.
why? so they can shit in your mouth a third time?
1998 and 2014 weren't enough?

>Godzilla (2014) was bad
>Skull Island was mediocre
Is there any hope for the last two films of the universe?

What's your favorite Godzilla movie, Sup Forums?

Based Millie will save Godzilla

>*blocks your path*
nothing personal, chick

So long as Godzilla remains in the hands of his people he will never diminish or fall like western franchises.

>Godzilla 2014 was bad

Godzilla 2014 was kino

>another godzillashit thread

>he will never diminish
Toho did this at least twice.

Hella epic man, totes agree!

But how do I upvote you here?

Godzilla goes dormant for a period of years but always rises again. Unlike western franchises Toho knows when it's time to let him rest for a bit.

OH NO NO NO NO

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Saw that video of those floating guys shooting lasers down onto Japan
>Think this shit would be cool
>Watch the new Godzilla movie
>Another shitty jap movie where Godzilla is just something in the background
Thanks

Godzilla Vs Megalon (1973)

>he didnt get it

>completely misses the point that Godzilla's appearance is commentary for how things aren't taken seriously until it's too late
>instead laughs at momentary sequence
absolute state of brainlets

Why is there not a Blu-Ray Region B boxset of all the Showa Godzilla films? :(

Big Man Japan is better than Shin Gojira
youtube.com/watch?v=dWhKh27tEHQ

>Star wars and Godzilla are my favorite franchises as a kid
>live to see Star Wars become a shadow of its former self while Godzilla gets reinvigorated

A fine trade off. Legendary is fine for the generic blockbuster stuff, it's basically the 90s Godzilla stuff where Toho cared more about action worth mediocre stories. As long is they convince toho to make more and more of their stuff, I'm fine with it being its own seperate thing

Gojira.

Criterion Collection is working on getting all of the Showa films under one label.

Shin Godzilla was kino

>Godzilla
God I hope so, it really sucks how annoying it is to get the Blu Rays especially here in the UK.

The only Showa movies criterion/starz doesn't own are
>King Kong vs Godzilla
>sea monster
>hedorah
>Gigan

The last 3 should be easy to get, but universal cockblocks King Kong vs Godzilla like hell. They don't even bother giving a decent release with the japanese cut

>They don't even bother giving a decent release with the japanese cut
Universal can't even be bothered to do anything but a bare bones release of its cut

PLAAAAASTIC! BAG IN THE SEEAAAAHHAAH!

Everyone hates Godzilla vs Mothra: Battle for the Earth, Major Spielberg

Vs. the smog monster

THEEEEEE ART OF DIYAAAANG! I WOULD RATHER TRAVEL LIIIIIIAAAIIGHT

>completely misses the point that Godzilla's appearance is commentary on the effects of radiation on unborn children
absolute brainlet

the right answer

I wonder if she was supposed to be nude but executives intervened.

Can't wait.

Kino, can't wait for criterion to get a hold of this and the other showa films

underrated

LIVE ACTION EVANGELION WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wouldn't have put it past Banno, other than the fact the later showa films were supposed to be geared towards kids, but this one is creepy af and I always saw as the most adult one

EVERYONE here should check out CUTIE HONEY, the 2004 adaptation of the 70's manga/anime that Anno Directed. It's great cheesy B-movie fun!!!FACT!!!

Well, he admitted he was aiming his film towards older audiences and the flight scene was only added because he thought the film was getting too grim. Hedorah's eyes are based on female genitalia as he found them scary. He requested additional time in order to turn out a better product and received it. His movie does look better than anything else around it and, imo, is better than everything around it as well.

>turning to low I.Q. monster masher schlock

you are already dead, goy

That ball is already rolling.

man I loved king seesaw

>confirmed for having not watched or understood

>Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla gets a criterion before any capeshit or Star Wars shit

Absolutely based

holy shit there was a new godzilla movie

god rest his soul, I wish he could've been around to direct once more

Where the fuck have you been?

anons, have you forgotten about me?

>that headline
The fuck does that mean

Return of Godzilla
>dat redpilled commentary of the Cold War
>best Godzilla suit
>best solo godzilla since the original 1954 one
>dat soundtrack
>dat Super X
>dat ending
I sing along everytime. Sappy pop songs playing during the credits is and will always be my weakness.

>evolves to live on land
>evolves to take on aerial fire
>evolves to take on an army by creating his own army from his tail

Wonder how that's going to turn out in the next film.

That fucking karate chop

Kills me everytime

Haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to it. Unsure about it, though.

Each of those little ones realize humans are independent of eachother, each then evolves its own individual mind, each evolves now at its own rate to cope with a function that best suits it. This is how we get different kaiju. Then they all realize each is a threat to its own individual existence, so they fight eachother

just kidding, that would be crazy. But a neat way to bring Godzilla's costarrs into this

>evolves his own legion of shitposters

Because Toho are a bunch of cheapskates that only work with outdated masters instead of the original pristine camera negatives

What is this Criterion Collection thing, by the way? I'm way behind the curve on godzilla news

>Wonder how that's going to turn out in the next film.
I would prefer Anno's film to remain sequel-less. Let famous director tackle the series and move in a different direction. Maybe Kojima or Makoto Shinkai?

Toho is actually working on converting all the Showa movies to 4K

The criterion thing has to do with starz(same parent as criterion) getting the rights to almost all the Showa movies and having them appear with criterion covers in their starz library

This was the only Showa movie I didn't find horribly boring, literally all the other films are snorefests, with a handful of good ones like the mechagodzilla ones, but vs Hedorah is the only one that's consistently entertaining and doesn't look like cheap trash compared to the others.

Kick ass

I hope the Heisen series doesn't take too long

Godzilla is fine because jews can't pretend to be asian for subversion.

Which Showa movies did you watch? Don't be talking trash about Godzilla, Mothra vs Godzilla, and Monster Zero. They're among the best in the entire genre.

>This was the only Showa movie I didn't find horribly boring,
Please do not immediately follow this by saying you actually perferred the 90s ones

Nah, it had the HALO jump, and then the end fight.
Everything else was kind of bullshit.

Was Shin Godzilla the sexually tamest movie or show Anno has written or directed in his life?

Anything with motherfucking King Ghidora.

Pretty much all of them besides the lobster and Minya ones, those you mentioned were actually the better ones along with the mecha godzilla ones, but they all had their slow moments. But Hedorah is the best one.

I didn't, Destroyah, Mothra and Return are the only good ones, I wanna say I like the Millenium series the best because that's when the miniature effects were at their absolute best, but I honestly can't tell you exactly what is the plot of GMK, Megaguirus or 2000.

Okay, that's acceptable. The millennium series has been unfairly treated thanks to continuityfags

Though honestly I can't fathom people actually liking destroyah. That's probably the one Godzilla movie where it's direction and cinematography were obviously bad. I'm surprised it's so highly regarded by people aside from the last 5 minutes

>Best Godzilla movies
Shin Godzilla
Mothra vs Godzilla
GMK
Gojira
Godzilla 2000
Monster Zero
Godzilla vs Hedorah

>Maybe Kojima
go away Sup Forums

I think it's because Destroyah feels much more like the Showa movies than the other ones, also don't forget that they're tying it all with the first movie, also it's one of the few movies where Godzilla actually dies rather than get stuck in a volcano or go back to the sea.

Soundtrack was fantastic, probably the best one yet, the sound cue that plays during the title sequence and when Destroyah's final form emerges is the best thing

>no Return
How dare you

Beat Takeshi needs to make a Godzilla movie desu

>Godzilla 2000

>Godzilla goes to the intergalatic Takeshi's challenge to compete to save Earth, loses, but kills everyone and everything anyway

Problem? It's one of the better modern takes on the character. Characters are fun to spend time with, effects are serviceable minus a few rough spots, and it has a unique take on the aliens invade Earth formula.

Godzilla 2000 is the only Godzilla film where the American cut is superior despite one scene and that is when Orga is born with the sad music and his pitiful cries of pain and fear

stuck waiting for the us sequel....

But it also has really poorly executed humor, like the guy with the wood board, and the American version didn't even bother to cut that out.

Also, the whole alien invasion and characters minus katagiri don't seem nearly as developed as they should despite it's runtime. The manga is pretty much the best version of that story. It fleshed out the characters a lot more and introduces concepts that improve and develop the story like Io's mother, possession, and the millennians forced sacrifice

Also your photo is from Megaguirus

>Godzilla 2000 is the only Godzilla film where the American cut is superior
Honda preferred the American cut of Ghidrah over his own and either version of Mothra vs Godzilla is fantastic.

Original, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Biollante, Smog Monster and Shin.

Godzilla x Mechagodzilla
Michiru oshima deserves more work

the original godzilla, yes, but shin gojira is very distinctly about the 2011 tsunami and the government's inefficient response

lel, it's like Salon is the bottom and every other publication is trying to reach that level.

Really? Maybe I need to give it another watch. Perhaps I was too easily pleased after suffering through the Heisei movies.

>Also your photo is from Megaguirus
Yeah I know. Still the exact same design/suit though, right?

I could be autistic and talk about coloration difference and such, but fuck it it's the same yeah

Also I recommend the manga, if you can read Japanese or be like me and have a friend who can do it for you

Well you'll get it in a year or so. And a sequel to Shin Godzilla later down the road. and two more anime movies

>I could be autistic and talk about coloration difference and such
Do it. I'm curious. I always assumed they reused the same suit.

You talk like a capeshit faggot.

Best poster.

Shin Godizlla was literally on the same level as all of those. If Anno's name wasn't attatched to it but it was 1:1 the same people would rightfully shit on it

How does one talk like they like capeflicks?

Same suit, but they excentuated the purple in the spines and green in the skin to make it pop more

There still is only one suit, I think, then I always remember this picture

too soon