Is this the most underrated Disney film?

Is this the most underrated Disney film?

>Doesn't end with the gypsy scum getting hanged
It's shit.

Treasure Planet is another highly underrated one. You always hear people talk about Lilo and Stitch which came out in the same year, but hardly anyone who's watched Treasure Planet. The animation in it is absolutely beautiful.

No.

It's slowly getting more and more popular.

This

Disney just prefers to imagine the 70's and 80's didn't happen (outside of Mermaid).

Shame, things like Basil, Oliver and Cauldron were some of my favourites.

>Lion King doesn't end with Nala drowning herself whilst Simba, Scar and Sarabi all die from poison

What's even the point of making these adaptions?

>What's even the point of making these adaptions?
I know right? They cut out all the sword fights.

Wasn't that right after Walt Disney died though? The movies might've not as been as popular since they were in a "recovery phase" and the Little Mermaid's saving grace was that she became part of the Disney Princess line. Only explanation I can think of.

Beautiful movie, but it's horribly flawed and many Sup Forumsfags rate it way too high because they haven't seen the whole movie (just a couple of the songs) in over a decade.

Most underrated Disney film is Lilo and Stitch.

>starting dinosaur we've had more movies without Walt than with.
weow

The saving graces were Alan Menkin and Glen Keane.

Disney has always been about artistic liberty, the only movie I can think of where they kept the original premise and added stuff to have it make more sense was Tangled. Why did the witch in the original grow out Rapunzel's hair? If it was to prevent anyone from going inside the tower, how did she put Rapunzel there in the first place?

Not exactly surprising seeing as Walt died 50 years ago.

The entire studio has been around longer without Walt than when he was alive. Eventually, they will still be making movies when everyone who was born when Walt was still around is dead.

The Kingdom Hearts world was meh as hell. I especially hate how there was no Frollo fight. Frollo calling Sora a witch was gold though. I hope it comes back so it can get redeemed.

The Package films (Johnny Appleseed in particular), the Great Mouse Detective, Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and the 2011 Winnie the Pooh.

Times were rough for animation in the 70s across the board. The economy was slumping and the oil crisis shot costs up for cel animation.

In an ideal world, they didnt.

It was decent, but watching the broadway musical made me realize how much better it could potentially be.

Seriously, if there's one Disney remake I'd actually be hyped for, it would be the Hunchback of Notre Dame using the musical version as the base.

It's not amazing, but it's certainly underrated.

Upcoming films being:

Wreck It Ralph 2
Frozen 2
Gigantic

I sure hope Frozen 2 will be better, but chances of that are low if they're going to target the young girls who are obsessed.