This new star wars movie was crap but can /k/ at least admit its depiction of FTL artillery was pretty cool?

This new star wars movie was crap but can /k/ at least admit its depiction of FTL artillery was pretty cool?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does the captain lady have 2017 hair?
Seems kind of universe breaking.

It's pretty stupid yeah, she's basically Admiral Gender Studies

It completely ruins the whole conflict of the OT.
Why did the rebels even go through all that struggle when they could have simply FTL'd a rock into the center mass of the Death Star?

whhyyyy

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

Lmao

Fuck Disney.

>Why did the rebels even go through all that struggle when they could have simply FTL'd a rock into the center mass of the Death Star?
does the rock have a jump drive?

Wait a minute. In Episode 7, the Millenniums Falcon hyperspaces out of a hangar on a cargo ship without being destroyed or destroying the ship, suggesting that a ship using its hyperdrive doesn't directly interact with physical objects.

>36189336
No in that scene the hangar door was open

wut

They also exit ftl in atmo in the same movie.

What the fuck is this? Is this real? My god that looks terrible

Fuck this "Neu" Star Wars garbage, fuck (((Disney))), fuck that Mary Sue Rey bitch, fuck the story and FUCK SJW's.

>Had the same fucking book

MY NIGGA.

its a camera

I agree but could you PLEASE stop articulating your thoughts with retarded meme formatting.
It actually hurts my brain to read.

is there anything preventing the rebels from just attaching a jump drive to a rock?
heck, they don't even need to that, they could just remote control a starship.

>is there anything preventing the rebels from just attaching a jump drive to a rock?
idk the series isn't that well thought out. I imagine many of these scenes so long as they don't directly contradict each other or create massive plotholes are purely for story telling.

The scene was actually really cool to watch IMO

Wait, so you can basically one shot anything with a litteral space bathtub as long as you have an hyperdrive stuck to it ? Do they plan on fucking every single piece of star wars into oblivion ? I didn't even think it was possible to fuck it more after the prelogy but it seems I was wrong.

IIRC thats not unheard of, that happened in the prequels and original 4,5,6

In ep.4 when they're fleeing tatooine luke wants them to go to light speed right away, and Han calls him an idiot since if they miscalculate they could end up in a star or smashed to bits. So they know it's possible, but costly to burn a whole ship when the have a fleet of 3 that can barely keep out of range of the empires gazillion

Did you ever notice how the only POC in the empire are always still the "good guys"? People like Finn and and Iden from the new Battlefront game turn to the "good side", but all the other people in the Empire are stereotypical anglos or germans.

>meme
Nigga where in the fuck do you think you are? This isn't Reddit motherfucker, we don't put spaces in between every fucking sentence.

I never really understood this

Many ships can just jump to hyperspace from atm and at the ready and will while other ships need to fly out to space then jump or just can't jump in general (even though they have before)

>Finn
Fuck that worthless nigger, fucking garbage ass writing.

I'm not talking about spacing. Read the post I was replying to and how that person typed it out.

Theres only like a dozen empire guys you can actually see, many of the storm troopers were volunteers after the republic ended so who knows how many there are

Hi Sup Forums, k here.

Off yourselves.

I get why the Lightsaber split now. Damn I'm slow.

No, this is basically mech fags that argue mechs have a place in futuristic conflicts.

>looks just like my animes
>but worse

All I really want is a quality HD capture of this sequence so I can make it my desktop. One of two last amazing moments before they yank the franchise away from the old fandom

You're fucking stupid. If you knew anything about gundam/mech combat etc you'd know the reasoning behind at least the Gundams. Protip: until Gundam Wing mechs were turboshit in Earth-like environments (able to be bested with combined arms pretty easily - tanks/jets).

In space mechs:
>have no drag
>have the ability to manipulate their environment and improvise
>have the ability to perform repairs and use tools on massive ships/stations
>can use same dexterity to quickly change loadouts
>hell, strap a certain loadout on one and you have a warship that can escape-pod into a useful suit

etc etc. On land you have the whole square cube/giant target problem. In space different rules apply. Tho your post may have been bait

>All I really want is a quality HD capture of this sequence so I can make it my desktop
Grow up

>all I really want is to shit on some random person on the internet for enjoying something
You first.

Why didn't she do it when the resistance first started getting fired on?

Shut the fuck up faggot.

Why didnt they just build weapons that could do this all the time? X-wings have hyperdrives. Put a droid in it, set it for plaid and aim for the bridge/center of mass

>op meant to post on /k/
>no one notices this because it refers to Star Wars

It was cool until you started thinking about it in the context of Star Wars, then it became stupid.