Let's Do This

Sitting down to finally watch this OSCAR WINNING™ movie for the first time. What am I in for, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAyMDODC1Fk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A largely middle of the road cape movie. I thought it was okay.

>introduces characters with classic songs
And right out the gate it's obvious that they're chasing the GOTG formula.

villains acting like terrible heroes while trying to say they're still "villains"

basically if they took GOTG, added some DC paint, then threw it in a blender of shit and dumped it on your face

i remember when some random user either here or on Sup Forums came up with a way better plot than this garbage. something about actually using the team for black ops and shit where they could be blamed for any wrongdoings

>First Batman cameo
That Batman vs Deadshot confrontation is the worst shit I've seen on screen in a while. Made both characters look pathetic.

>Harley Quinn
>Accomplice to the murder of Robin
>Arkham Asylum
>"the clown himself"
>Mista J
Neat.

>That Joker design
Still not feeling it.

Ok yeah wow. I'm not feeling this Joker at all. I get that they're going for something way different. But... I just don't know.

>second batman scene
Wow this one is just as bad. Why the fuck did they force these Batfleck appearances?

>Flash cameo
Oh shit, I didn't know that was gonna be a thing.

Neat.

bad editing
worst JokerX Harley relationship portrayal

Ok the tone of the movie is a little funky, but I actually kind of like the world building so far. Makes the DCEU feel lived in, and I wish we'd seen this side of Batman's world more in BvS.

Remember, The Thing was nominated for a razzie.
This movie is bad, but Girlbusters make it look like Citizen Kane.

OK, I know the Oscar was for makeup and not VFX, but I am shocked by how bad some of the CGI is here.

Also, how do DC fans complain about quips in the MCU when this shit is full of shitty quips?

The movie doesn't know what the term "villain" means, the first 20 mins is lazy exposition, and Will Smith phones it in

You mean John Carpenter's The Thing was nominated for a Razzie? Seriously?

Eh girlbusters would be fine if it wasnt ghost busters, didnt hold a candle to the origional or really match it as a sequel but was actually pretty good without the whole butchering of childhood etc.

Even if this wanst Suicide Squad it would have been Sucker Punch.

>What am I in for, Sup Forums?
Good makeup, apparently.

nominated for worst score
kubrick was also nominated worst director for the shining

randomly cool scenes oddly stitched together.

No idea why they didn't just make Joker the main bad guy though.

Its an average Capeshit flick to be honest. People who bash this but think other cape flicks are amazing are pathetic. No offense...Suicide Squad is bad but so is 90% of the output of Disney/fox/WB.

when they make the sequel i hope they either go "Ayer's grit" or "full on stupid" because the combination didn't really work. Go full one way or the other.

(id prefer if they go full on stupid though)

But without the context of that music being the main character's last memento of his mother/childhood/home planet

Fun.

yeah, for "worst original score". personally i think the theme perfectly fits the movie itself.

GirlBusters isn't really an awful film. It just has zero jokes that work.

Just as far as a film goes its fine. It just fails miserably because its a comedy and its just endlessly unfunny.

I feel like this would've been better if they were more blatant about being GotG: DC. It keeps the quippy humor, but it tries to add all this seriousness and grit, but it doesn't work at all.

>this enchantress shit
What the fuck is going on right now?

>Seven Nation Army
I think this is at least the 10th different song in this first half hour of the movie, and there's no cohesion in the song selection at all.

This is actually embarrassing.

>Here comes Slipknot
What the fuck? He wasn't in the exposition dump. Where the hell did he come from?

Just wait until you hear Spirit in the sky. I lost my shit in the theather.

THE MAN WHO CAN CLIMB ANYTHING
pop

I still miss him
youtube.com/watch?v=NAyMDODC1Fk

>So that's it ... what, we some kinda...
>SUICIDE SQUAD™
OH SHIT HE SAID THE THING

>Now Katana shows up
Wait a sec. She wasn't in the exposition either.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS MOVIE?

Oh shit it just happened. You're right. This is fucking batshit.

Other films that never won an Oscar:
All Stanley Kubrick films
All Alfred Hitchcock films
The Muppet Movie
All David Croneberg movies

Fucking kek, just got there.

Is there a worse redshirt in all of capeshit?

One of the these things don't belong.

Yeah, Croneberg is overrated

Really, how. Not being mean, just curious. I love Croneberg.

I was just making a joke.

Im pretty surprised with Hitchcock.

I get why people don't love this portrayal of Harley, but she's the only thing in this movie with even a little bit of a character.

Will Smith is just Will Smith. Rick Flagg is just generic action dude #538. Everyone else is just wallpaper.

Moreover, the group has no chemistry whatsoever. What's the point of putting all these random characters on screen together?

>Joker and Harley fucking in the vat of whatever that is
...what?

You are in for mediocrity, shamelessly over hyping itself

>we live in a world where Danny Devito's Penguin was nominated for a Razzie
>and Suicide Squad won an Oscar for best make-up

It's cool visually and you can play a song under it, what more do you want?

>Deadshot won't kill Harley
Well this is fucking gay.

>OSCAR WINNING
Saying this like if it is some kind of respected status, you ever hear of Crash..or Titanic?

>Still not feeling it.
And never will, that Joka is outta

I hate how the poster seems to imply that this movie is actually wacky and colorful.

In all the 75 years of Oscars, THOSE are the examples you pick?

Because drones

Can someone tell me what the conflict in this movie is? Because I can't seem to find it.

I watched it recently too.

It wasn't that bad.
Like all dc movies so far, it had some very obvious and easily avoidable mistakes, so it's frustrating, but it's not that bad. Harley was good.

And stupid design and pointless marketing-trailer shots -like the knives- aside, that joker wasn't that horrible. It's not forbidden to explore a boney&clyde-like joker where Mistah Jay actually cares for her.

The conflict is Ayer is under contract to make this movie.

It's the epic struggle between a filmmaker and studio executives.

>Flagg doesn't hesitate to pop Slipknot 5 seconds into the mission
>The entire team later leaves with the mission incomplete
>He won't pull the trigger this time.
What the FUCK is going on??

Congrats on the jackpot

AY WE SOME SORT OF SUICIDE SQUAD™

He never won for best Director.

He won a Best Picture for David O. Selznick for his film "Rebecca" though

Ok, I've still got 30 minutes left, but I think I can comfortably say this is one of the worst capeshits I've ever seen.

And I saw Fant4stic in theaters. This is legitimately every bit as bad.

Is there a more egregious example of "director's ipod the movie" than this?

>deadshot decides to return to the mission because of reasons
>Harley says fuck it ok I will too
>rest of the Squad agrees
This plot is too retarded to function

I thought Fan4stic had some ideas that could have potentially been useful, but Suicide Squids is complete garbage, not one redeeming feature.

Not even Harley

>Captain Boomerang throws a boomerang
>It's a camera
Ok, that's kinda neat

>It's got perfectly still video and it's relatively static
...um, I guess it's a movie. That's fine.

>It's remote controlled
WELL THEN WHY IS IT A FUCKING BOOMERANG??

>Exposition dump to explain Katana's character
>92 minutes into the movie
JESUS FUCK

This is the sloppiest movie I've ever seen

Kong: Skull Island has basically every single song you've ever heard in a Vietnam-themed movieexcept for fortunate son
But at least they fit there.

you can expect KATANA.

Seriously, why does he say it like that, it's fucking stupid.

You still have to listen to the final insult of the soundtrack.

>worst capeshits

You can just put movie there

And outstandng first 30-40 minutes and a disappointing slog to the end anticipating something as good as the beginning

Which is funny, because Suicide Squad has Fortunate Son in it, for absolutely no reason.

I watched it drunkenly with friends a month ago and this was our exact reaction.

Welcome to the club.

>You can just put movie there
Fair enough, but I like to compare apples to apples whenever I can.

This is a legitimately horrible movie though.

Once they decided that Enchantress and her brother were the bad guys for this movie everything went to shit. There hasn't been a single good moment since then.

>movie is about some finna Suicide Squad
>It ain't Me starts playing

A garbage movie. I'm a basic bitch and even I couldn't watch it more than once. It's just so fucking boring.

God, this shit was so fucking stupid. Shit took me right out of the movie.

This. This wasn't really a Suicide Squad movie, so much as it was just WB's attempt at making their own GotG.

kek

>This final fight
It's a literal god and they're fighting it with guns, boomerangs, a bat, and a sword.

Also Croc is doing... something ... under water.

At least Diablo vs Mr Enchantress makes sense. The rest of the Skwad is fucking useless though and it's embarrassing to watch.

Also holy fuck this CGI is bad.

Oh, you like Diablo, the other non-garbage character in the movie? About that...

so where were all the actual heroes? i mean, it's a damn big event and batman, wonder woman, and flash all couldn't get there? flash should have been there first, since his whole power is GOES FAST. i thought there was a line where they said it was maybe two days before the squad was sent in?

Do you really expect logic from a warner movie?

continued...

>Enchantress is magic as fuck
>decides to engage in a fistfight
Yay for plot retardation

>gets out two swords for some reason
...but why

>oh also this suddenly became a world-level threat and there's natural disasters going on
Yay more bad CGI

>Enchantress just says enough and takes their weapons away
Glad we wasted time on that fight

>Harley makes at least two quips during the fight
Can we please end the "le Marvel is quips" meme soon?

>after the fucking revelation of Diablo being a god
>he dies without killing the bad guy
>he dies to a NORMAL FUCKING BOMB

Enchantress also fights with a simple gun. Its ridiculous how easy it is to kill these guys, an air styke should have been enough to kill both of them. Its funny how they killed people in seconds before, but suddenly decide to go easy on the squad.

Also I dont know how people can give a pass to this movie as "okay", when it is an action movie with almost no good or exciting action on it.

The entire destruction of the city goes for 3 days. No sign of Batman, Flash or WW.

Its stupid like that.

Kubrick won a 2001 Oscar, and Hitchcock's Rebecca won Best Picture.

Three days, actually.

My guess -- and, you know, they could've taken literally ten seconds to explain this -- is that the government doesn't have a direct line to them or they just don't want to play along with the government.

Normally, like in all the solo MCU movies or in the inevitable Batman solo, I actually don't mind when other heroes don't show up. Superman doesn't help out every time something's going on in Batman's comics, you know?

BUT, in Skwad they had very deliberate cameos of both Flash and Bats, and apparently Slipknot comes from Wondie. Yet they don't even bother mentioning why they don't even try to get them.

>Deadshot asks to see his daughter
>Harley asks for an espresso machine
>Croc asks for BET
First off, that's not even a funny joke. But also you don't just stack two quips like that. Learn a thing or two about comedy and timing.

Marvel didn't have a solution to that problem yet, so they couldn't rip it off like the rest of the movie.

>Bohemian Rhapsody starts playing
Oh shit, I thought this was just in the trailers. They actually did it, the absolute madmen.

It actually fit the trailer pretty well, but it's fucking terrible in this context.

....and as I'm typing this comment it stopped playing during the first verse, totally negating any point of using Bohemian Rhapsody in the first place.

>Joker ending
Yeah, no shit. Hopefully they're in a better movie next time. I don't see what the hell a Harley solo film could possibly be though.

>Roll Credits

Yep, I can confidently say that was the worst capeflick AT LEAST since Fant4stic, and I think it was probably worse.

>Music by Steven Price
Steven Price, you suck at your job.

>After Credits
Oh of course they did.

>It's a Justice League teaser
>he gets files on the rest of the JUST
Um... didn't he already have that information in BvS? What was the point of this meeting with Waller?

>"Me and my friends will take care of it."
WB literally just watched Iron Man's Fury cameo in the post-credits and said "we want that"

Do another one of these on WW if it ends up sucking, I had a laff with this thread.

Thanks, glad you liked it. I did it a few months ago when I finally watched Apocalypse for the first time. It definitely makes the movie a little more enjoyable.

I'll probably see Wondy in theaters though.

>if it ends up sucking
>if

really...?

DAMAGED COMICS

benefit of the doubt, even if I don't mean it.

>joker ending
Good.

Anything to keep stronk independent harley who don't need no joker AWAY AT ALL COSTS
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT ABOMINATION

Can't be worse than this desu senpai

I'll look for it in the archive, since I couldn't finish that movie on my own.

True that.

>watched BvS in theaters
>movie was a complete ass catastrophe but it was so dumb that it ended up being really fun to laugh at
>even watched it twice and tricked a friend into seeing it
>go and watch Skwad expecting it to be just as hilariously awful
>it is almost as bad but with epin quip humor which destroys any chance of it being enjoyable shlock
>ends up being one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a theater
>mfw

>tricked a friend into seeing it
You're cruel.

Girlbusters jokes sucked but the main problem was that it was just painfully forgettable and pointless