Why didn't Hasbro try to reinvigorate this brand with a cartoon show instead of trying to make that movie when the...

Why didn't Hasbro try to reinvigorate this brand with a cartoon show instead of trying to make that movie when the brand has basically been dead? It seems like such an obvious thing

>their modern girl branded shows have had really great music
>is a girl branded show that is literally based on music
No Daniel Ingram Jem songs in a new cartoon, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BotNmNULwwA
youtube.com/watch?v=-_qqkzXOGMs
youtube.com/watch?v=PYaYhNDnImk
youtube.com/watch?v=mdE8jCMMMgk
youtube.com/watch?v=j7DCJOeeKfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

An animated series cost more money than a movie, takes more time to make and gets crappier distribution. Common sense, nigga.

Well, seeing as how the Jem movie ended up that was basically just a giant waste of money anyway. The shit got pulled from theaters, when does that even happen

It's got a good comic series though.

It's ok, but unfortunately the audience that comic is aimed towards isn't in the toy buying demo, so ultimately it means nothing for the brand or Hasbro, not much money to be made on comics alone

the only thing the movie had in common with the old cartoon was the name and girls singing of course it was going to bomb

OP you're talking about Hasbro who is allergy to money but wants money

I mean the central theme was the same, it just sucked

Is the comic any good? I heard is finishing soon so I might check it out

It's not bad from what I've read, some characters are pretty much just not like their original selves it seems but it's in tune with what Jem is about with a more "aiming for the young female adult" crowd, and if you're not triggered by things like non skinny girls and trannies I doubt you'd have a problem with it

Hasbro never seemed to consider it a "high value" property.
I'm happy it got anything at all after the movie dumped its value even more.

Also Pizzazz is best girl.

>Also Pizzazz is best girl.
No Roxy

She's pretty great too.
>tfw you will never teach her how to read

Because they wanted jdm to appeal to teenagers instead of children and teenagers especially girls don't watch cartoons and do watch this kind of movies
And to be fair it would have worked if it was done a decade before, now teenage girls are into iPhones and pretending to be 18 on tinder

The post credits scene was the best part of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=BotNmNULwwA
She sounds ODDLY like Pizzazz while singing!

Ellen Bernfeld did both of their singing voices.

They have no idea how to make toys about it. They would need to compete head to head with Monster High.

And considering what incompetent bullshit Hasbro recently made out of any of their properties that wasn't my Little Pony, I say let those people figure their shit out first. I'd rather wait than recieve something on the level of Littlest Pet Shop or G.I. Joe Renegades.

Same reason Hasbro won't make a proper cartoon about their mainline Transformers and resort to kiddie shit like Robots in Disguise - they're cheapskates.

Yes, I'm aware the Machinima series exists, but for the sake of humanity it should never have happened.

Hanzuki: Full of Treasures

Ya don't say heheh

>he doesn't like LPS
What the what?

>They would need to compete head to head with Monster High.
Isn't that what Equestria Girls is for

>Equestria Girls

i know MLP is ghettoized to /mlp/ but how is this?

i heard one of the movies was a better jem movie than the actual jem movie

my main problem with it was how they wrote themselves into a corner by rushing kimber & stormer and then keeping stormer in the misfits

also the deviantart jem arc kinda ruined the comic for me

Silly concept, great songs, animu crap squeezed in

It's fun
What you probably heard of was Rainbow Rocks, which was the music/band themed one
youtube.com/watch?v=-_qqkzXOGMs

I don't want a Jem comic where they made characters into fatties. The art style ranges wildly too, some good artists and terrible ones.

Rainbow Rocks was fucking awesome

which was amazing considering how shitty the first EG movie was

Yeah,but I have some nostalgic value for the first one, it was shitty in pretty much every regard but I had fun with it, also, don't tell me this doesn't get stuck in your head anytime you hear it

youtube.com/watch?v=PYaYhNDnImk

At least the recent comics have been good.
Even had a reference to that silly kicking fern moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=mdE8jCMMMgk

Why does she look like Venus McFlytrap?

youtube.com/watch?v=j7DCJOeeKfM