Star Wars

You know what, this movie has lots of problems but I don't understand the bitching about luke. People are screaming character assassination but I really don't see it. Before I went and saw the movie I heard people bitching about how it made luke into a murderer or ruined his character or didn't explain anything. But everything was explained very simply and his arc was well set up.

1. Start jedi training camp
2. Sees darkness in a student
3. Looks into student and sees the dark
4. Tempted by the darkside to solve the problem with violence (as he has been before)
5. Immediately resists but feels bad even for considering it.
6.Ren sees it and interprets it as an assassination attempt.
7. Luke knocked out, students killed.
8. Feels like his weakness and consideration of the darkside were personal failures that lead to the events that followed.
9. Depression, escape, desire not to cause anymore pain.

Seriously, this is all pretty simple, did you guys freak out before seeing the movie? Because there is a TON more shit to be angry about and this ain't it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Lens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think that scene will go down in history as the DEFINITIVE deconstruction of this whole space sci-fi fantasy series. Disney and Jews wanted to deconstruct Star Wars and crush the spirits of the old fans, and with one simple hyper-speed jump they accomplished it.

It was always there. It was always obvious.
>lightspeed exists
>even tiny planes are capable of it
>this could have been the mass produced weapon that OBSOLETED destroyers and spaceship battles from the very beginning
Just like that a plothole they found is too large to be overlooked
Just like that everybody sobers up and can't watch another space battle without thinking in their head
>this is fucking stupid, why don't they just rapid fire lightspeed torpedoes at enemy ships/space stations?
And just like that, the adult man puts away childish things and grows up a little more.

Did you forget that at the same time they were executing traitors with SPACE LASER AXES?

Luke/the sequels were a mistake. Anakin/Episode 6 brought balance to the force/story of Star Wars, but Luke/the sequels trying to set up a jedi temple/make new movies brought the force/story of Star Wars out of balance.

Luke was considering bringing balance to the force by destroying his students and then himself, but then changed his mind. His mistake of doing that and having set up a jedi temple had already set things up to go out of balance however.

>2. Sees darkness in a student
>3. Looks into student and sees the dark

I wish I had gotten to see that movie instead.

>You know what, this movie has lots of problems but I don't understand the bitching about luke. People are screaming character assassination but I really don't see it.
You don't even have to go fucking that far back to see the problems
>I MADE THIS MAP AND GAVE PART OF IT TO MY MOST TRUSTED DROID SO YOU GUYS CAN FIND ME IF YOU NEED MY HELP
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE CUNT? GET OFF MY LAWN
What's the fucking point of the damn map searching last ep?

Oh the force will never fucking be in balance. High lord snorkle came out of fucking nowhere and was a force using god killed by an emo faggot because LOL STORY. Yoda basically said that the jedi shit was effectively meaningless because light will always exist.

Yeah but that would be a movie with a white male lead as a good guy.

Can't fucking have that anymore.

If he went to that planet to be left alone and to die, why did he leave a map? Why, when he went on a suicide mission onto The Emperors ship to try and save Vader from the Dark Side did he then try and kill his nephew and then instead of showing up in person project a force ghost? If he was going to die anyway, having him die a martyr serves the plot better as his death would be a rallying cry.

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable. It was simply bad writing.

>tell everyone that you are searching for forgotten wisdom
>finally can spend rest of life sucking on tig ol’ space biddies

I don't understand why any white man would go to see this, it's obvious the people making the films hate your guts, so why would you hand them forty dollars just to be insulted for two and a half hours? How could anyone be so masochistic?

Luke was willing to die to bring back Vader from the dark side after all the attrocities he committed yet he consider murdering his nephew in his sleep before he'd even done anything wrong.

That was completely out of character

>A mysterious alien race who are bound to the Force, the Whills were originally a narrative concept that allowed George Lucas to tell the StarWars story. As he observes in the annotated screenplay of A New Hope:

>"Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody wiser than the mortal players in actual events. I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the 'Journal of the Whills.'"

They changed Kylo from being the villain to the love interest, had Poe Dameron rebel against the stand-in for Kathleen Kennedy, and had a force sensitive white boy wanting to be like Luke Skywalker all partly to try to appease all you people on here whining about white and non-white people and gender in the last movie, but there are still people on here whining about white people and non-white people and gender in the movie.

Completely out of character to consider an act of violence when it would save everything you love? Consider it for a second and then immediately regret it? Really? Fucker seemed to be considering it when he went mad on Vader and hacked his hand off. He simply overcame the temptation both times.

POETRY

Go to bed Rian.

That was before he became a jedi. After he became a jedi, he became evil; just like Anakin spoke of. Luke knew becoming a jedi made him become evil, but only after he had become one. He realized the jedi truly were a mistake. He wanted to stop Kylo from becoming a jedi before it would happen to him as well, but being a jedi he was drawn to initially considering an evil way to achieve this, but then changed his mind.

I'm not convinced and according to Metacritic and RT neither are a lot of people. Disney needs to get out in front of this if they want to save their four billion dollar franchise.

No, seriously you shits, explain how its different. Memeing at me isn't a fucking answer. This movie had tons of shit wrong with it but Luke having the AUDACITY to have a bad thought? Thats what you're fucking sperging out about?

The map was created by Leia who was tracking his movements. A piece is lost or disconnected somehow. The empire got a hold of this incomplete version of the map. Episode 7 happens

manchildren who held Luke on a pedestal for decades got upset Luke wasn't a gary stu in TLJ

>REEEE MUH LUKE SKYWALKER WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS

underrated

The whole thing is weak sauce. You think Luke maybe could have, I dunno, tried TALKING with Ben about the perceived problems? But noooo, we don't even get one fucking scene to depict the relationship that Luke had with Ben or any of his other students. It's poor writing, period. If this were anything other than Star Wars people would immediately see this plain truth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Lens

Children of the Lens was full of uncomfortably weird "huh?" moments that hint Kimball Kinnison's children, able to mind-merge and destined to replace the Arisians as Guardians of Civilization, have an incestuous relationship:

The kids were special in another way, too, he [Kit] had noticed lately, without paying it any particular attention... They didn't feel like other girls. After dancing with one of them, other girls felt like robots made out of putty. Their flesh was different. It was firmer, finer, infinitely more responsive. Each individual cell seemed to be endowed with a flashing, sparkling life; a life which, interlinking with that of one of his own cells, made their bodies as intimately one as were their perfectly synchronized minds.

[Mentor] "Your lives will be immeasurably fuller, higher, greater than any heretofore known in this universe. As your capabilities increase, you will find that you will no longer care for the society of entities less capable than your own."

Considering the Children are genetically perfect and arguably aren't even human anymore, this isn't as bizarre or offensive as it sounds.

Still, Heinlein, himself no stranger to incest-themed stories, wrote that Smith intended a continuation to Children of the Lens. In fact, there are even some textual clues in Children a sequel was planned: Christopher Kinnison delivers a flask of force, and it's not clear who finds it, and he states that Civilization is again threatened and that he is just a youth and not entirely up to the challenge.

Heinlein said in "Larger than Life" that Smith's Lensman sequel was "unpublishable" at the time. Could it have been because of incest-related themes?

Smith told Heinlein what his Lensman sequel would be like, but we've never found even a manuscript or outline, and now both men are dead.

Like Heinlein said, "that's his story to tell. You must find your own."

>Couldn't even try talking

He never got the chance. He went in, saw that he had the dark in him, got an instinctual urge to kill him, and then shit went bad as he suppressed that urge.

Its not great but it makes sense.

One male and two pairs of twin females, they are the children of Kimball Kinnison and Clarissa Kinnison, both of whom are second-stage lensmen. Their children are third-stage lensmen, and are the only entities with powerful enough minds to defeat the invading inhabitants of the planet Eddore.

The Children of the Lens were the culmination of an eons-long breeding program set up by the inhabitants of Arisia, a race of entities with third-stage intellects, as are the Eddorians. The Arisians set up equivalent breeding programs on three other worlds, Rigel IV, Velantia III, and Palain VII, but decided that the human stock was the most promising, so the other races' equivalents of the Kinnisons never met.

The Children of the Lens were developed to replace the Arisians as guardians of the races of Civilization, after the close of the war against Eddore. They were developed to be the progenitors of the new race that would replace the Arisians, who departed the Cosmos after the close of the struggle against the Eddorians.

this, the line is written specifically that luke mentions that ren would kill everything he loves and he says verbatim that he considers it for just a split second but by then it was too late

agreed the movie has a fuckton wrong with it but you aspies are complaining about basically nothing

You're doing a lot of mental gymnastics to justify Luke behaving the complete opposite of his character in the previous films. It doesn't pass the sniff test. Luke never gave up on his father despite all the atrocities he committed but for some reason he seriously considered murdering his defenseless nephew because of a premonition to the point of drawing his weapon. The fact that an apprentice was able to knock him out and murder his students is adding insult to injury. Disney absolutely butchered Luke by making him an incompetent murderous loser.

No, it doesn't make sense. That explanation can be boiled down to: "Luke is a retard." No Star Wars fan would write this garbage.

What specifically doesn't make sense? Is the fact that Luke made an emotion driven mistake so completely alien to your emotionless autistic brain that you can't comprehend it?

>is the last Jedi Knight
>has worse trigger discipline than Ezra Bridger

It was just shit desu.

>Last Jedi
>Bad trigger Discipline

He wasn't really that well trained, honestly. He mostly trained himself when it came to combat.

He had the fucking emperor in front of him and hesitated to draw his light saber. He was able to ignore the darkness and see the light in darth vader.

But he instinctually tried to kill hans son in his sleeo because he saw the dark side in him? Are you really not seeing how bad that is?

He didn't try to kill him. He THOUGHT about it. Also you seem to forget the fight with vader where he was wailing on him and hacking off a hand before he managed to control his emotions.

Also, is it so hard to believe that maybe the plucky teen got slightly more cynical after years of war and murdering people with a laser sword? Or should his character have been in fucking emotional stasis for 60 fucking years.

The fact that Luke even thought about it is retarded, moron. It's antithetical to this character, which is why Hamill "fundamentally disagreed" with Rian about how Luke was written in this movie.

killing the emporer caused the a dark force to inhabit in luke. when sidious and vader died, the dark 'force' inhabiting sidious' body left sidious body and began to inhabit luke's. luke was thus balanced in the force at this point as anakin had fulfilled the prophecy. luke unwittingly transferred some of this dark force to his students including kylo when he started the jedi temple.

rey and kylo will try to consider this situation regarding the light and dark forces in one or more future movies and try to engage in the best course of action regarding this situation in future movies.

Except that Hamill changed his mind later and has said so in interviews.

What exactly is his character where any dark thought, not even action, thought, is completely antithetical to it? Because its not like he never had dark thoughts before. He always overcame them, but he still had them.

Serious question. Why even make 4,5, and 6? They could have just made tfa and tlj and everyone would have been happy. George literally fucked star wars again. Disney should never have let him make the original trilogy.

enlightedmoderatetippingfedora.jpg

>shilling this hard for the Disney propaganda machine

Luke didn't transfer a dark force into the students. Luke brought a dead person back to life and transferred this dark force into that person because he couldn't withstand it inhabiting his body any longer alongside the light force. The person who had that dark force in them then began to corrupt the students.

Snoke says he watched the rise and fall of the empire though, he's very old

You are a delusional dipshit. There are women in their 40s who are upset at what was done with Luke. Disney fucked up and the "manchild" bogeyman isn't going to work here.