Anyone else going through actual grief about Luke Skywalker?

Its like losing a grandfather or uncle that you were super close with... that deep pain in your soul, knowing you'll never see them again.

I haven't seen the film yet, but from what I gather he was using the "force" to project himself across the galaxy...and whatever injury his projection sustains also is inflicted on his actual self? Do I have this right?

Return of the Jedi is on TNT tomorrow, and that's all the ending there is to the story as far as I'm concerned

also I have a VHS copy of the non-shitty dance version of ROTJ so I can choose

he's going to come back as a force ghost you retard, that's pretty obvious

>whatever injury his projection sustains also is inflicted on his actual self?
Nope, he literally just falls off a rock and dies.

No, that's deeply pathetic and you should seek help or grow the fuck up

>23 fucking years for this
you are not alone

>tfw my vcr ate my copy a long time ago . . .

34 years

>that deep pain in your soul, knowing you'll never see them again.
he's going to be a force ghost though

He doesn't die from any injuries or exhaustion.. I guess he figured he would be more helpful as a ghost, and achieves space nirvana.

WHTE MEN BTFO OUT FOR ALL TIME

Got to see Luke walk out into the path of a row of AT-AT's and take artillery fire like a boss and people are still dissapointed.

As far as Im concerned Luke has been dead since ROTJ

It's arguable if he even died at all. You could say he simply transcended, became one with the force, all that. He was done in this plane and was ready to venture forward. I thought it was a really touching send off for a beloved character actually. I knew that spergs on Sup Forums would flip their shit about it for no reason but that kinda just makes me like it even more.

>going through grief about Luke Skywalker
Yes. He went out like a supporting cast member of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

You should catch up then, he's been in two more movies since that one

Here's the scene again

streamable com/e5esi

I've never been sure if it's needed to edit the links like this.

I thought he went out pretty good. Using all of his power to save his friends. Having a moment with Leia and C3PO. Sure he could've been on the planet himself but even that wouldn't have been very satisfying.

hey bruv film this, i wanna put it on twitter

There was no pleasing them. They decided they were going to hate it before they even saw it.

ITS 2017 HE HAD TO DIE LIKE A BITCH TO MAKE WAY FOR THE FEMALE LEAD

IMPEACH! ITS HER TURN

no injuries, she just looked tired from force projection and then faded away

Its not that.

I think people were generally positive towards his incredible show of power.

I think its more to do with the anticipation (delayed with TFA) to see Luke Skywalker, OUR Luke Skywalker again.

The AT-AT scene feels like he's coming back, not going away.

>NB4 Rebbit Spacing

All the idiots on this board are like POOR MARK because they're too stupid to realize that the character dying was probably in his fucking contract. He's not interested in spending the rest of his golden years playing the same character he portrayed in his twenties

nobody hates that. the whole story is the issue

I watched it yesterday and today camrip of course. I vented it out to my sister after she said the movie was just "disappointing." I cried a few times, and now I want to never think of it again until the war starts.

It was a hologram, nothin personnel kid

>that scene where R2 plays the original Leia message

Got a bit emotional desu lads, she’s gone and will never be in that prime again.

There are no issues unless you're a manbaby who can't handle that a fictional character died

>scrapped Jedi legend, Hero of the Rebellion, Grandmaster Luke training thousands of new Jedi
>gave us reclusive, coward Luke who tried to kill his nephew and single-handedly destroyed the order

y not? its his lifes work

it was just a hologram, but it was still pretty cool, no issue with that mate

Nah because I knew this was what was going to happen. Deep down, Mark knew too. Every since they started wearing those The Force is Female shirts, I knew this was gonna be a shit show.

Right. So since he was scheduled to die in this movie there's no reason why they couldn't have done it in a more impactful and memorable way. I mean he is only the most memorable sci-fi character of all time.

Kill yourself faggot. They took him out in the most retarded way possible.

>I cried a few times
>about Star Wars

Congrats, you're the biggest faggot in the history of faggotry

by having him reach space enlightenment?

better than a man without integrity

my dad died earlier this year and no, its nothing like that at all

I'm a little sad about it. Luke was my favorite character and deserved better. It's sad to think almost everyone from the original trilogy ended up dead.

>My apprentice is having dark thoughts that I fear jeopardize the safety of myself and others. I saw in a creepy yet ambiguous Force vision him killing people I cared about. How do I confront him about this?
>(A): Try to reason with him like I did my father
>(B): [glass him]
>What do you think, masters?

>"Option B, the best route is." -- Yoda
>"Killing your apprentice in his sleep is a good idea, from a certain point of view..." -- Obi-Wan
>"Go for it, son!!!" -- Anakin Skywalker

>Are you sure? What if I end up getting cold feet and wind up in a situation that I cant take back? Father, didn't you end up making huge mistakes by acting easily in response to creepy force visions of the future? Are you sure this is a good idea?
>...
>Nah fuck it, it'll be fine

No, I had no male figures in my life.

apathy is death

I see you.
For someone who doesnt care about star wars. You are in a lot of threads.

Luke was handled with more respect in this movie than for example Han was handled in Return of the Jedi. You know, being an actual character. I'm glad we didn't get to see a omnipotent force god murdering stormtroopers or flying around in his x-wing.

He didn't say dad numbnuts

they were never going to live forever
how did the old EU handle them dying?

Sorry I care deeply about something while you've emotionally distanced yourself from everything. Maybe one day you'll find something you cherish enough to cry about when it's ruined.

>threw a bunch of obvious boring redundant shit in the trash
>did something actually interesting and different with the character

I see no problem here. But it makes sense that aspies who are actually pathetic enough to read Star Wars novels are upset about it, I mean what else do they have to do with their time

Not as far as losing a grandfather or anything like that. I just have a bad taste in my mouth because it wasn't his death that did it for me. It's everything that added after the ROTJ and what they turned Luke into. NuWars is a deconstructive sequel to "and they lived happily ever after".

>Got to see Luke walk out into the path of a row of AT-AT's and take artillery fire like a boss and people
Doesnt mean shit because he wasnt even there.

Of course not. What the fuck is wrong with you people? It's a kids movie. What? It was crap? I'm so shocked. I can't believe this.

I particularly lost all hooe when Luke revealed he identified as a woman and came to the island for reassignment surgery. Really threw me for a good trick.

>you don't care about Star Wars?! You must not care about anything! I mean... what could possibly be more important than Star Wars

My sides

Holy shit hes brave. I would never try sneaking up on a xenomorph.

>no one else could possibly have a point of view so rational and common sense
>IT MUST BE A CONSPIRACY

But that made it poetic. I actually loved that that's what it was. Because if he had been actually there it would have felt even more fanservicy.

0/10

im rock hard

He certainly didnt want to come back and have luke be a depressed faggot who goes out like a bitch

no one actually important dies in the EU because they needed to keep the money flowing, fanboys nearly fucking rioted when Chewbacca died

people always accuse Disney Wars of being safe market researched movies that take no risks yet TLJ makes them mad for not being safe and taking risks lol

well u dont and i do.

>characters are most interesting when they make no mistakes and are not flawed in any way

Man I'm glad you're not a writer by trade

>epic fight scene between Kylo and Luke
>turns out he was projecting across the galaxy
>audience lets out a sigh when its revealed he didn't do an Obi Wan robe death
>the very next scene Luke is on his island and has an Obi Wan robe death

It's like Disney actively checked off all the FUCK YOUs to actual SW fans between Darth Plagueis being heavily hinted on moments before his incredibly anti-climactic death, Phasma having an incredibly anti-climactic death, or LEIA NOT FUCKING DYING AFTER BEING HIT BY MULTIPLE TIE FIGHTERS BLOWING UP THE COMMAND DECK SHES IN EVEN THOUGH SHE DIED DURING SHOOTING.

>you're a manbaby
Says the guy posting in multiple star wars threads on Sup Forums

>that opinion just triggers me far too much, you must be trolling

Deal with it.

I definitely have a new appreciation for episode 7 I'll tell you that.

If Luke could create a force clone of himself, then could he have made a female sex clone in anyone's image?

Yeah, he should have slow mo fought the entire First Order 300 style with AC/DC playing.

Please kill yourself.

>hurr EU bad durr
>feed me your delicious shit Disney :)
100% bait

There's posting in threads on Sup Forums, and then there's crying in threads on Sup Forums.

Because he didn't take the artillery fire. He wasn't there. If he had dodged or deflected it it would have been something, but he just stood there and it passed right through.

he'll always be there lol they even had a force ghost in this one to remind you that they exist (none were in ep7)

they;ll probably play it for laughs with ghost luke as the mediator for kylo and rey who r still mad at eachother and he'll roll his eyes a lot and it will be hilarious everyone will love it

see

>my dad died earlier this year
Did he die from a broken heart after having such a faggot for a son?

>It's like Disney actively checked off all the FUCK YOUs to actual SW fans

I knew they weren't all bad

Sorry to barge in. But that's not funny, user.

Mark is done with Luke. Anymore Luke appearances is because of his contract. Given how much Mark has been shitting on this movie since he began his promotion tour, I am not surprised if Disney doesn't bring him back.

Did they kill him off?

>Characters are most interesting when they've been developed a certain way and then change course off-screen
I think it would be a lot less egregious if that wasn't all we saw Luke do. If he had been shown being a good and wise teacher, then we saw his vision and understood what he was doing, but his entire story was reduced to "tell don't show".

>if I add durr to an opinion that will automatically make it stupid
No one cares about your bullshit EU, faggot
>if you don't HATE TLJ you must LOVE it
It's not even in my top 10 for this year. Stop moving goalposts.

He didn't really die as everyone says. He basically ascended.

>Characters are most interesting when they don't change because if they change that's automatically inconsistent writing
Honestly I'm 100% confident that your version of Episode 8 would have been ten times more fanservicy and awful

>literally Rian Johnson and Mark Hamill said he's dead.

He's gone user... accept it.

Disney is putting old SW in the dumpster

>but his entire story was reduced to "tell don't show".
And to think these were supposed to be the anti-prequels. Literally all they did was modernize the dialogue a little and throw in some practical effects.

>predicted right here: No Luke force ghost
They fucked his character over so much in TLJ. After the force projection, Luke just gives up and becomes one with the force. He was still running away like the little bitch they turned him into for TLJ. No reason for him to comeback

>Disney is putting old SW in the dumpster

thank Christ

No one said anything like that. Are you really so desperate for attention? Youre pulling the same shit in multiple threads. Deny all you want. Your posts stand out like dogs balls.

>i loved how luke died because he was tired

I literally have two threads open. This is one of them, the other is a thread on /x/ about villages on Mars. You might like it over at /x/ actually since you seem to be extremely paranoid.

He didn't die from a heart attack you dumbass.

hes just going to voice joker in batman for the rest of his life instead

>Obi Wan robe death
The crasiest bit was that it made no sense for him to pull that Obi Wan robe death.

Obi Wan did it because he knew Luke wouldn't leave without him and that there was no time or way he could make it. So he quickly suicides so that luke could escape.

There was no reason for luke to do that in this case.

I finished grieving over Star Wars in 2005. Any further rape done to the series is just necrophilia.

I'm not saying he should have been the main character and that he shouldn't have been able to make a wrong choice, it's just that it was executed very poorly. Luke's character deserved more than an offscreen failure and what amounted to minimal redemption before an unceremonious death.

Ascended like yoda and obi. As good as dead

>There was no reason for luke to do that in this case.
What if he wants to bully him as a force ghost

When did this place become Tumblr, anyway?

Good post my man.