So who are these assholes

so who are these assholes

Excellent costume designs that were scrapped for no reason. They will never be mentioned again.

They were good friends.

The red guys. I feel like that was clear.

Some random dudes he ordered to follow him around so he could say he had a "squad"

In reality he probably killed them all when he heard them talking shit behind his back.

Maybe it wasn't a flashback but a possible future where Ren is S.Leader and they are his version of snokes red gurads.

Armor looks similar.

Kylos royal guards for episode 9.

The Knights Of Cut Content

not a bad idea user

Pretty clearly the red guys Rey and Kylo fought. A shame about the costume change, but their new costumes were pretty cool too, and went with the setpiece nicely.

They're the Knights of Ren

ask him.

How is it clear. It's not, not even in the slighest.

Dead, especially the one that got gibbed in that machine.

Is the guy on the right just wearing a motorcycle helmet?

Why is this board literally obsessed with a group of characters who were in a movie for literally 7 seconds

Will he finish what he started?

How does he not burn himself on the guard

Because when Force Awakens was being shoved down our throats these guys were brought up CONSTANTLY as being a huge, important thing that would explain why Ben took the name Kylo Ren, and would also be a part of how the Jedi Order was destroyed (yet again)

Does it really matter? Rey will slaughter all of them in the next movie and that’ll be that. Just like Snoke they won’t give us any sort of background or anything.

because they were a cool concept that never came to fruition

They're the Vipers

THe Knights of Retcon

The force

his nose looks like the underside of muh dick.

not him, but it's pretty clear m8

they were supposed to be the Rogue One squad up until the new director took over TLJ. He didn't want to be "tied" to the first movie's shit, so he wrote them out of the story entirely. With no reason to let them live through "Rogue One" Disney changed the plot last minute to kill them off, ironically turning it into the 3rd best movie in the star wars extended universe.

In essence the knights of Ren were written out of the plot by a lazy SJW director who didn't feel like using them or even working them into the story anymore.

they're nobody, just like snoke and rey

Uh you don't get to bring friends

Those luke's students who ran with Kylo when he burned the temple

You're messin with the Vipers!

dude this new trilogy sucks.

We like rugrats as kids. We'd look like total faggots if we watched rugrats as adults. So why should star wars get a pass?

I like my fiction to be consistent and not a 2 hour episode of robot chicken?

>Thinks he can sit out on the job and still get a slice I see why they call him the emperor!

>Star Wars is for kids
Not this shit again

Except he broked his helmet

It is for kids you fucking idiot, its all toys for kids. Grow up

That's half of the beauty of the originals, wondering where everybody came from and using your imagination to add to the lore.

That's what distinguishes OG fans from the normies.

>We'd look like total faggots if we watched rugrats as adults.
well I guess that makes me a faggot...

>no proper reply and ad hominem
You're sure acting "grown up".

Getting a hand cut off with no blood doesn't make something not for kids. I'm pretty sure Aquaman cut his own hand off with a metal shard in the Justice League cartoon that was on when I was a kid

he made another one

The next toy your son will ask for

I'm convinced they were the red guys, they have similar weapons and serve a similar purpose as silent armored murder dudes.

People don't want to accept it because they're called "Praetarion Guards" or some shit, but I don't see why they didn't just change their title once they started working for Snoke?

And similarly, having fantastical and escapist elements in fiction doesn't make it something not for adults.
I grew up with both the prequels and the OT, and when I was a child I always preferred the OT and would ask to watch them instead of the prequels. I could recognize quality subconsciously even if I couldn't explain it. Even if Star Wars was solely for children, that's no excuse for poor execution.
OT is enjoyed by young and old, and sequels have no excuse for not accomplishing what the OT did.

((they)) completely scrapped the knights of ren
If the night of ren aren't in the next movie I'm boycotting it

Lmao, thank you. "4kids" fags btfo.

When will you realise that nothing from TFA had a plan for the future

Basically this. Disney finally caught the franchise they've been chasing for decades and were in too much of a rush to think about what to do with it.
All they knew was that if they made movies it would print money. And they were right.

When the fuck were they ever called that is my question. They're not even guarding an Emperor it's a Roman term.

yeah but snoke said it was stupid, and TLJ clearly shows him taking matters into his own hands. I would wager that other user is right and they're gonna be his goons in the next movie

Luke literally says in TLJ that a handful of his other students joined Ben in killing the others and destroying the temple. Those other fallen Jedi are the Knights of Ren and will be in Episode IX.

Just more JJ Abrams stuff that Rian trashed.

the buster sword guy would have been cool, literally the only thing id watch a sequel to that for

I just assumed they became Snoke's bodyguards.

Kylo should have recruited Rey to the Knights of Ren. Then her name could have been Rey Ren.

>implying it won't still be Rey Solo in the end when she redeems him and they get married

this

>Not reading the artwork and knowing it's Rey Mixer
I won't be shocked if she ends up with no one, because she's INDEPENDENT.

>implying it won't be Soy Retardo

>Implying Kylo won't take Rey's last name

....which is?

Got to love how little this flashback scene relates to the others from The Last Jedi.

it really wasnt since they worked for snoke. If they were the knights of ren, they wouldnt have tried to kill him after he took down snoke.

Star Wars redemption doesn't tend to leave people very alive

Unironically this.

yeah the jews scrapped the knights of ren.

Mixer

>Scrap the Knights of Ren
>But still mention the other force users that Kylo escaped with
How I would've wrote them in is that the Knights of Ren were going to overthrow the New Order by collecting force users across the Galaxy to rule it under the power of the force after Kylo realizes that Snoke is nothing. What we have is somewhat similar, but adding in the Knights of Ren to shake up the two side dynamic would be neat.

Hi MatPat

>Doesn't understand that it's possible for something to be enjoyed by kids and adults

Original star wars was a family movie bro.

Knights of Ren will come back in 9. Snoke didn't like them, he only wanted Kylo. Now that Kylo is in charge and Phasma and shit are dead he's gotta bring in the Knights

It was never stated you fucking faggots
Nice headcanon
>i-i-it's kinda implied so it must be true!
Worst than "muh Snoke is Plagueis" fags

Traditionally, no, you're right. But this isn't George Lucas. It is ultimately a Disney love story setting up the future of the Skywalker lineage and Star Wars in general. Ben is the last one. He won't die a villain and they can do a lot more with him if he doesn't die in general. He is the right age for them to use him as a core character going forward for decades to come if they want, unlike the OT actors. He needs to have kids. Rey's love will save him and they will have a family and rebuild the Jedi. And then, through this convoluted process, we come full circle back to the adventures of Jacen and Jaina Solo in future films, Han and Leia's grandchildren this time around.

I hope so, the idea of a Non-sith dark side faction is interesting.

They're gonna be in the kylo stand alone movie due out 2022

This. We even see Kylo kill one of them in Rey's vision from the first movie. It'll never be elaborated on again.

Stop swearing

Honestly that would be a stand alone I would see. Kylo Ren is a good character.

they previewed them and showed them in the trailers...haha it was just a dream and it was only clip of them standing in the rain, got you nerd!

I predict this will be Sup Forums's favorite of the Nu-Wars, because Sup Forums is also filled with edgy misanthropes and this trait means that Kylo at least HAS a character trait.

The guy he killed in that scene was not one of them. Kylo Ren and the Knights were slaughtering some village, probably while trying to find the map to Luke.

Bans.

>I'm dying! I repent!
>Quick Rey, hop on my dick and make main characters for the next trilogy while there's still time!

The force is female

J-join me... Please

It's not them. There are a different number and the Knights are implied to be other students, who joined Kylo.

Supreme Leader Ren has a better ring than Supreme Leader Snoke doesn't it?

Supreme Leader Ben Solo. Literally Galactic Alliance Chief of State Jacen Solo all over again.

Or perhaps he will give himself a Darth title in IX?

He won't because him and Snoke aren't Sith. The Sith died with Palpatine and Vader. Proof is the fact the Knights of Ren are a thing which contradicts the rule of 2.

No. The Sith ended in ROTJ. Let them go out with some dignity.

>they have similar weapons
No they don't
Take a look at the concept art again

Snoke may not have been, but Ben certainly is by virtue of his deeds. He succeeded where even Vader failed, by killing his master purely for power and to succeed him.

ok sweetie lemme tuck you in.

He has fallen to the Dark side but is not a strict follower of the Sith doctrine, he also rejects the Jedi doctrine as well. Point being that he is the link that breaks the Sith/Jedi conflict by choosing his own way in the Dark side of the force. I can only hope Rey does something similar for the light.

Wot?

I second this statement

Luke says Ren ran away with some of the other kids from his school after he burned the place down.
Thats probably a lead in for them being in IX, perhaps as the bad guys to a light-side Ren.

I feel Disney chickened out on having them.

KK: "It's too scary, not marketable. Forget about them."

RJ: "But they have been established on TFA... "

KK: "So? Movie goers are idiots. They won't remember or care. Fuck them! Oh, and theaters will be entitled to 33% of revenue this time! Fuck them too! "