Was he better than Rey?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R51LMIAJtsc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not canon. Nobody is better than rey

Fugg this storyline would've been so raw

>mary sue with special snowflake powers
He is the male equivalent of Rey.

No he isn't. Entire premise and concept of TFU games was straight up stated by Blackman (game's creator and director) to be a basic "what if Vader found a young Luke and trained him" which is why Starkiller is so strong.

As long as we forget about the other game

>pulls star destroyer out of the sky
>can't defeat vader
What kind of storytelling nonsense is that?

He kicked the shit out of him though left him in a pile of his own making to take on the Emperor... who then kills him as his friends escape.

>beat Vader in TFU I
He barely bested him but he did beat him in the end.

Unironically yes. At least he had some semblance of character and character development.

What happened to good Star Wars villains? Why was Snoke so shit?

He was the son of a Jedi and was personally trained by Darth Vader since he was a child.

His power makes more sense than Rey whose parents weren't anything special and she's already magically one of the best Jedi ever within 2 days without much training.

I thought the idea behind him was that he was actually the offspring of 2 Jedi who after the purge were pretty much like "oh well may as well fuck" which would have been forbidden previously, which resulted in him. He was then taken by one of the most powerful Force users around and trained by him since infancy. He ends up doing some bad shit, messes up, has a couple random encounters that break him from Vadar's influence and ultimately he dies for his trouble and ends up as a footnote in the history of the origins of the Rebellion. Again, the big difference is he was the offspring of two Jedi parents and trained by the literal Jedi Christ figure in the ways of the Dark Side since he was a child as an explanation for his power. Rey is the child of two random nobodies and has zero training whatsoever and as far as we can tell isn't utilizing the Dark Side. She also probably won't die and is a character in a movie as opposed to a video game.

powerful =/= mary sue

Beats me, you didn't post a good villain.

he was literally trained by vader since he was a toddler and is Force-User whose father was a jedi before him

there is justification for why galen/starkiller is strong

there's none for rey other than the new bullshit about "if someone is strong with the dark side, then the light side will make someone equally strong to rival them" that snoke said

What's the justification for Vader being so strong? Where did he come from? Why is he so strong? What makes the Skywalker line so special?

Midichlorians

But why though?

You're close. His father actually bedded a native wookiee woman.

In the EU he was created by the force in order to kill Sidious and Plagueis who had been tampering with it via Sith alchemy or some dumb shit. He is the force incarnate.

shaak ti was hot as fuck in that game

Fuck if i know. Ask Lucas.

No. His parents were Jedi and he was treained for a decade by Vader, who pushed him to his limit. Even then, Sheev rekt him.

>mfw it's gotten so bad Starkiller is a good character compared to Rey

The Force created him to destroy the Sith, because Sidious and his master were fucking around with it and ubalanced the galaxy.

If he's better than Rey at anything, it's only because Kathleen Kennedy hasn't heard about him yet.

He aint got shit on darth icky

Well there you have it then, that's why Rey is strong.

No it doesn't make sense. Anakin was made from midichlorians but he still went through training and even then he got bested by Obi Wan and Dooku.

Even Luke went to get trained by Yoda for a while, and I'd like to believe that he did some training in between Episode 5 and 6 and even made his own lightsaber.

If you're talking about physical combat then I can believe Rey is proficient since she had to fend for herself in the dessert planet, but to match Kylo Ren in the use of the force is absurd. Kylo Ren was partially trained by Luke himself, so it doesn't make sense!

>I have no idea what I'm talking about

t. butthurt vidya fanboy

they're his dad

>thousands of Jedi
>two Sith
sure, bad Sith trying to gain some edge in this very balanced race

Nigga DubDubs check em

>in the EU
No, this was stated even in the films.

>uses the force as an untrained infant to pull vader's saber from his hand
>displays levels of power that no one else in SW has even come close to, not even Rey can do the shit he does
>edgy brooding dickwad
>this somehow does not make him a mary sue
this is why I avoid Sup Forums, you fuckers dont even know what your buzzwords mean anymore.

What exactly makes a "canon" version of a fictional story superior to a "non-cannon" version of a fictional story? Neither exist. Do Star Wars fans actually think this shit is real?

His powers are completely absurd, but at least he has some resemblance of character development.

It's just nostalgia.

Multiple people telling fictional stories sometimes contradict each other in ways that can ruin one of the stories.

For example, the ability to hyperspace a ship into another ship and instantly destroy it no matter how powerful it is contradicts the idea of having sublight space battles between large ships.

It keeps people from having to second-guess what's possible in a given universe. The only alternative is to explain the rules ahead of time every episode like Star Trek does, so that people can fully understand the dilemma facing the characters.

I unironically believe he's a better character than rey

He is darth icky retard. The devs asked george to come up with a darth name for him and he gave them the choice between darth icky and darth insanius. They just said fuck it and went with starkiller instead. George really stopped giving a fuck by this point.

He is the human embodiment of the force. Immaculate conception and all.

Wasn't it plagueis' master who was the one fucking with it?

I always wondered why they don't just make a feature length movie like The Old Republic trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=R51LMIAJtsc

I mean he's really not canon, nigga nearly killed Luke Skywalker and other OT characters.
Juno Eclipse was hot though

could they beat Rey?

No, they're white males.

Rules need to be established even for imaginary shit you fucking dumbass