Rank them

Rank them

5 - 4 - 6 - R1 - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

5>4>3>6>R1>1>2>7>8

ep5 > ep4 > ep6 > ep7 > ep8 > rogue one > ep3 > ep1 > ep2

5-4-6-3-r1-7-8-1-2

4 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 3 and the rest might as well not even exist

5>4>6>3>R1>1>7>8>2

I don't include Rogue One. It's an anthology film.
5>4>6>7>1>3>2 (It's a close tossup between '7' and '1.' I've come to see '1' as the best film of the prequels.)

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. RotS
4. RotJ
5. Last half of Rogue One

all the others suck

Bold choices, but I can agree with them

>there are people that unironically think the prequels aren't trash
I hate this contrarian meme. Seems like most of the people that make this claim are also pajeets/marbel posters

This is the only definitive ranking, with the middle 3 (R1, 7, 8) interchangeable. Anyone saying otherwise is a shitskin or underage b&.

5 > 4 > 6 > R1 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 1 > 2

4=5>6>3>8>1=7>2>R1

5>4>7>6>8>1>r1>3>2

4>5>3>6>RO>8>7>1>2

I'm trying to play bingo with this and I'm getting fucked with every combination.

5>4>6>3>1>2>R1>7>8

ANH
ROTJ
ESB
TPM
R1
E:BFE
ROTS
AOTC
COC
TFA
TLJ

The patrician choice.

ROTJ is the best for me because it shows a fully actualized Luke completing the Hero's Journey. It is by far the most "woke" of the three movies with regard to inserting and developing Campbellian mythological theory, and possibly the most of any fantasy or science fiction movie ever made.

Episode 8 is so upsetting to a ton of people because it confirms and establishes the theme of 7-8-9 is that the war won in 4-5-6 was really actually lost and there was no point, not only was it lost, the characters all failed horribly. Han? Jaded, bitter, separated from his wife, and then killed.
Luke? Jaded, bitter, a failure and a coward and then killed.
Leia? I don't see her having a happy ending but at this point she has pretty much loss everything in her life.
They even brought out Ackbar so they could murder him.
The Empire they fought is still around just rebranded.
The Resistance they fought with is still fighting and still the underdog.
The Emperor they overthrew just got replaced by Emperor-lite except retarded.

Ep 6> Ep4 >Ep5 >R1>Ep3>Ep1>Ep2>Ep7>Ep8

>The patrician choice.
Yeah if you ignore the ewoks

Ewoks: Big Fucking Ewoks and Clash of Clans are favorites of mine too

Empire > New Hope > RoTJ > TLJ > TFA > prequels

Didn't see Rogue One

R1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 7 > Christmas Special > 8

4>2>3>1>5>6

They are all movies for children and thats about it.

Did you literally just type in random numbers?

Everything you said is a retarded waste of time and you should kill yourself

4 > 5 and the rest belong in a garbage can

Official star wars power rankings

Empire
A new hope
Knights of the old republic
Revenge of the sith
Return
Phantom
Rogue 1
The clone wars
The clone wars (animated movie)
The force unleashed
Clones
game of thrones season 7
The force awakens
The last jedi

7>5>8>4>RO>6> POWER GAP > 3 > 2 > 1

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
The Force Awakens
Return of the Jedi
Getting Sodomized With A Rusty Wooden Spoon
Revenge of the Sith
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

The stock Sup Forums opinion. Very original

>The Phantom Menace
6 out of 10. It's just a really great, light-hearted space adventure. Would be higher, but it loses some points over some of the more annoying aspects.

>Attack of the Clones
5 out of 10. There are a lot of really good ideas here, a lot of really good scenes, but the film ultimately fails in the execution of these ideas. The story is a bit of a mess. A lot of the deleted scenes wind up being better than what they went with for this one, which is a real shame.

>Revenge of the Sith
7 out of 10. While I really love The Phantom Menace and like it more than Revenge of the Sith, I have to admit that Sith is, in many ways, the better of the two films. The story is extremely well-written here, it doesn't have hardly any of those annoying bits that the other prequels have, and it's well-executed.

>Rogue One
2 out of 10. The introduction is great but then you get to the movie and the story is a total mess. There's just very little good about this movie, with the only good aspect being that it isn't a part of the main story but rather a side story (which is why I'm being lenient on it).

>A New Hope
9 out of 10. This is easily the best Star Wars film.

>The Empire Strikes Back
8 out of 10. It would be higher, but the pacing in the middle is really bad. This is also where Star Wars goes from being a fun movie to a serious epic legend of overblown importance.

>Return of the Jedi
5 out of 10. The film is entirely disjointed and all over the place, and it's clear that they had planned to make this more than one movie. The best bits are the Emperor/Vader/Luke scenes, and if I was only ranking those, it might be a 10 out of 10. But as a whole movie, it's just not that great (but not a bad movie).

>The Force Awakens
6 out of 10. I felt like it was a good entry into the sequel trilogy. However, it also plays way too close to A New Hope and is just too bogged down by the franchise's past. Unlike The Phantom Menace, this one never really develops its own identity. Still, I have to admit, I enjoyed it, and was looking forward to what the series had to offer.

>The Last Jedi
And then I was completely let down. 1 out of 10. This movie plays too close to the originals yet again, feeling like they just copied and pasted elements from Empire and Jedi, but also the annoying elements of the prequels (like shitty humor, shitty dialogue, shitty "funny" aliens being shoved in your face, and shitty ideas). The pacing was rushed, the story goes off into pointless side stories that amount to nothing, and the ending felt like they wanted to do an after-credits scene but realized this isn't a Marvel movie so they tacked it onto the end even though that was the perfect shot to end on with all of them on the Falcon. I can't think of anything really good about this movie. Here's hoping Episode 9 redeems Star Wars because I doubt the Han Solo movie will be any good.

5 - 3 - 4 - R1 - 6 - 1 - 7 - 2 - 8

ANH = ESB > RotJ >>> TLJ > RO = TFA >>> RotS > TPM > AotC

1=5>4>2>3>6>R1>8>7

I love you. This is me %100 except i like Sith more.

V
IV
Rogue One
VI
(huge quality leap here)
III
I
II
VII
VIII

5>4>6>3>R1>1>7>8=2

5 > 4 > 6 > 8 > 7 > R1 >>>>>> 3 > 1 > 2

6 and Rogue One both had really high highs and low lows, otherwise they'd be my favorites.

6 > 5 > 4 > R1 > 3 > 2 > 1 > shit > 7 > 8

5>4>6>3>RO>1>2>7>8

>the prequels are trash

VIII > V > VII > IV > VI > RO > shit > I = II = III

Fight me.

Anyone who puts 7 or 8 below any of the prequels is an idiot who knows nothing about filmmaking. On the standards of basic competence, 7 and 8 both are better by leaps and bounds. It doesn't even matter if you like the plot twists or not.

>Episode 1
5.5/10
>Episode 2
4.5/10
>Episode 3
6.5/10
>Rogue One
4/10
>Episode 4
8.5/10
>Episode 5
9.5/10
>Episode 6
8/10
>Episode 7
2/10
>Episode 8
1/10

Do you expect Ep. 9 to be a 0

I actually think it's going to be a 4 or a 5. I think a poor audience reaction to 8 will be a good wake up call.

Phantom Menace < Attack of the Clones < Force Awakens < Rogue One < Return of the Jedi < Revenge of the Sith < A New Hope < Empire Strikes Back

I honestly have no idea where I'd put Last Jedi yet, even Rogue One's placement is pretty tenuous at best really.

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 8 > R1 = 3 > 1 > 2

V = III > I = IV > VII = VI > II > VIII

4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>> the rest

legitimate tier
4 = 5 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2

should be destroyed and put in a museum of human failure tier

8 = rogue one > 7

V > IV > VI > III > RO > I > II > VII >>>>>>>>>> VIII

>no

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > R1 > TFA > TLJ

5>4>6>3>R1>1>2

as for non-canon 7>8

which one is /our movie/

and why is it episode III

5>6>4>1>2>3>R1>8>7

even tho 8 was complete shit its better than 7 because it wasnt a fucking remake... these new star wars movies are absolute shit

Also I don't see how anyone could rate the prequels under these new marvel-tier """"""""""""""""""""""star wars"""""""""""" movies

4>5>6>2=3>1-Power Gap->7>R1>8

go back and watch R1
it had its flaws but it was great after the last straw

Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi

And the rest are all gay as fuck.

5>4>3>6>R1>8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 3.5 > 7 > 1 > 8 > 2

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 = Rogue One > 1 > 2 > 8 > 7

>all the brainlets in this thread who think 6 was better than 3 or 1

Ive really not got any desire to watch it again. In my first viewing I only liked the space battle and some of the call backs, and I watched a supercut of the space battle a few weeks ago and I didnt even enjoy it.

The films just full of nostalgia bait and CGI necromancy. Getting through it the first time was such a chore. Watching it again when I could watch any of the much better films on my watchlist, or even just rewatch any of the first 6 Star Wars films, just seems like a waste of my time

V>IV>R1>VI>VIII>VII>III>I>II

this is the only correct answer

it always cheers me up to see Rose :3

ep4 > ep5 > ep3 > ep6 > R1 > ep1 > ep2 > ep7 > ep8

5>4>6>R1>3>7>1>2>8

Ep. 8 killed Star Wars for me ;_;

IV. A New Hope
V. Empire Strikes Back
III. Revenge of the Sith
I. Phantom Menace
VI. Return of the Jedi
II. Attack of the Clones
VII. The Force Awakens
Rogue One
VIII. The Last Jeddy

I flip-flop between PM and RotS a lot.

based

5>4>6>3>R1>1>7>2>8

you double nigger

hi

3>RO>8>5>4>6>2>1>7

IX A New Hope
VIII Empire Strikes Back
VIII Return of the Jedi
IV Phantom Menace
II Attack of the Clones
V Revenge of the Sith
IV The Force Awakens
V Rogue One
II The Last Jedi

1. Star Wars
2. Empire Strikes Back

3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Phantom Menace

5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Force Awakens
8. Rogue One
9. The Last Jedi

New Hope - 6/10
Empire Strikes Back - 6/10
Return of the Jedi - 6/10

Phantom Menace - 2/10
Attack of the Clones - 1/10
Revenge of the Sith - 2/10

The whole series is pretty much worthless. I'd rather have blockbusters like Gone with the Wind than this juvenile crap.