Tolkien.
Actual answer is God.

/thread

actual answer is TODD

>rowling
>universe

Todd Howard for Fallout.

I think we know who wins this argument.

Nah, I'm going with Rodenberry and Trek. They got holodecks in Trek. This universe has Sup Forums.

Todd Howard and that drunken polack that made Witcher

I agree, btw have you guys bought Fallout 4 with all the DLC?

Philip Pullman
His Dark Materials

Tolkien and Roddenberry are in a different league, George Lucas is okay and the others are Reddit tier.

>inb4 MUH TAX PLAN

Tolkien I'd say. Star Wars was always kind of contained. Not sure about Star Trek, haven't really watched a lot but I kind of got the impression that episodes were often pretty self-contained. Video Games have immersion, but that doesn't equal good world-building. Harry Potter is obviously kid-focused and the wizarding world is bizarrely small. GRRM made a decent attempt but world-building isn't really his strength.

They all suck.
I will create my own worlds.

of course i have, what kind of person do you think I am?

Terry Pratchett
H. P. Lovecraft

Search your feelings you know it to be trueeeee.

Tolkien.

Steven Erikson bitches

Tolkien considering every other fantasy world has lifted inspiration from his work.

Todd > Tolkien > 89IQ fanfic >>>> rest of the crap in OP image

Tolkein by far.

Also the mastermind behind Elder Scrolls was Julian LeFay. Howard casualized it.

Kirkbride fleshed out the TES lore though.

Todd gets credit because of meme status. I'd be furious if I were Kirkbride. The games might have fallen from grace but the lore is tight

Didn't you get the memo that Rowling is no longer to be talked about due to her hatred now by the SJWs?

>todd
>lucas
>roddenberry
Shouldn't even be on the list.
>rowling
Retarded books for crooked teeth.
>martin
"Planetos" 10/10 worldbuilding
>tolkien
Only impressive due to linguistics.

Elder Scrolls pre-Oblivion is pretty cool.

>actual answer is God
Dude, I love pretending to be religious. :^)

So is Kojima wearing heels or is Todd lying?

>"Planetos"
this phrase hasn't actually been used in-text, has it?

Warhammer 40K, you fuckin xeno!!

good post

shame about the failed film series attempt

Peace be with you
I unironically never stopped believing. Only pretended to be an edgy athiest as a kid because I was mad at the hypocrisy of the Church.
>tfw go to big opulent church every Sunday to have charity preached to you

no it has not. i don't even think essos was his idé (the name not the continent).

>Wars and Rings
>Trek
>Scrolls (because of the world, lore is trash)
>power gap
>another power gap
>one more for good measure
>Potter and Thrones

ill go with thrones at this point.

Yes Kojima is wearing 10 inch heels

The only '-os' continent name that has actually been written in the books is Westeros. Everything else is only "official" because GRRM is a lazy fatass who lets two autists write lore books that he doesn't care about.

1.Tolkien
2.Lucas
3.Todd

Lucas
Todd
Tolkien
Roddenberry

Lucas basically remashed themes from akira kurosawa movies and westerns into a a sci fi setting whether he "created" that is debatable

Todd
He came on board with Daggerfall, Julian LeFay (who the god julianos is named for) is more directly responsible

Tolkien
Basically ripped off norse mythology for the setting the story was his however (if a little derivative of the Der Ring des Nibelungen)

Roddenberry
Twenty Thousand Leagues under the sea (but in space + marxist bullshit)

Roddenberry wins hands down.

God >>>>> Tolkien > The Elder Scrolls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>> Star Wars >>>>>>> Game of Edgelord >>>> double shit > Arry Pothead

ROBOCOP

>that drunken polack that made Witcher
have you ever tried to read the books? the games are miles better in terms of story and writing that the books

>is todd lying

do you have to ask

>H. P. Lovecraft
His open racism makes him the winner

Todd is a manlet.

Tolkien by a fucking mile.

>Scrolls (because of the world, lore is trash)
Sat that to my face not online and see what happens

Considering that every single one of them gets butchered and pozzed to not fuicking end, I can't really say that any of those is "good" nowadays.

God. For creating this one.

Correct answer is Blizzard Entertainment.

square soft did.

>God. For creating this one.
Creates infinitely large universe - Makes faster than light travel impossible

Creates creatures dependent on the energy that they can produce - Fusion power is not possible outside stellar cores

>Has created interesting, engaging worlds
Lucas
Roddenberry
Rowling

>Has created boring, non-engaging worlds
Howard
Tolkien
Martin

>Howard casualized it.
Elder Scrolls was always a casualized Ultima Underworld.

>Tolkien's Universe: 9/10
>Peter Jackson's LotR/Hobbit trilogies: 5/10
>Lucas' Star Wars Universe: 7/10
>Disney's Star Wars Universe: 2/10
>Marvel Comics Universe: 5/10
>Marvel Cinematic Universe: 4/10
>Fox X-Men Universe: 3/10
>DC Comics Universe: 5/10
>DC Expanded Universe: 5/10
>A Song of Ice and Fire: 6/10
>Game of Thrones TV: 5/10
>Howard's Conan Universe: 9/10
>Arnie's Conan: 7/10
>AVP Universe: 6/10
>Harry Potter Universe: 4/10
>Monsterverse: 6/10
>Jap Godzilla Universe: 7/10
>Universal Monsters Universe: 5/10
>Cthulhu Mythos: 10/10
I could also add various anime franchises, which are better than most American stupid shit. No weaboo here but Hollywood is shit.

An argument between these people would be priceless

>Prachett
*soy intensifies*

git gud faget
t. God

>He doesn't know Kojima can alter his size at will

can you elaborate on why you think that for each one?

It's obvious

The real answer is Miyamoto.

>Lucas
Revitalized the film industry of the late 70s by making films people actually went to see in theaters. The original Star Wars trilogy stands up as a thoroughly entertaining series with vivid storytelling.

>Roddenberry
Envisioned an idyllic, optimistic future for humanity with many different interesting alien species ripe for exploration and expansion.

>Rowling
Took the concept of magicians and fantasy creatures and brought them into the modern world.

>Howard
Ran a shit copy of Ultima Underworld into the ground.

>Tolkien
Wasted his talent describing trees in painstaking detail instead of focusing on good storytelling. C.S. Lewis was a far better storyteller in spite of the Christian symbolism prevalent in his works.

>Martin
Shit copy of Tolkien.

>C.S. Lewis was a far better storyteller in spite of the Christian symbolism prevalent in his works.

I think Frank Herbert deserves a mention because he at least considered the implications of technology, "magic" etc on human society and came up with some interesting solutions and ideas.

Most worldbuilding is very lazy in that regard, and pretty much ends up being "there are spaceships/wizards but otherwise everything is basically the same"

The Skyrim guy. The mythology blows Jr Tolkien away.

thanks linda!

It might not be the most detailed but goddamn, if it isn't fucking awesome.

Eternal Champion series fucking WHEN?

Unironically this

>eternal champions

The old genesis game where the dead guys fight?

bonehunters turning white was probably the best fiction moment i've ever experienced

also nothing can beat warrens as a power in fantasy desu

Come on man.

It's essentially the source material for Warhammer and a good chunk of DnD and even comic multiverses.
Motherfuckijng Elric baby!

>>tfw go to big opulent church every Sunday to have charity preached to you
>being reminded by the vision of the kingdom in heaven, created by men who really put their hard work into it, while being inside the church, so you might be inspired to create the kindom of heaven on earth with your own hard work is the most charitable act

It's great, but not Tolkien great

Ah, my mistake. I'll unpleb my shit and look into it.

Also Kojima. The Metal Gear series has more detailed world building than SW.

>not spending your Sundays actually doing that instead of being told to do that

Take a wild guess

>Took the concept of magicians and fantasy creatures and brought them into the modern world.
I haven't read Harry Potter since I was 9 or so, but isn't basically everything basically limited to one school in England (and a couple of small supplementary locations) with the rest of the world being referenced vaguely at best? The fact that it's set in the modern world doesn't seem to matter for much more than escapism.
>describing trees in painstaking detail instead of focusing on good storytelling
What was wrong with the storytelling of LOTR? I'll agree that he likes long descriptions but I'd argue that it generally serves a purpose to add a sense of grandeur and history to the world, giving you perspective on the current story within the scale of its own universe. The one thing I'd perhaps find tedious about his writing is some random character breaking into a 3 minute song they just made up every chapter, but otherwise the pacing is fine.
>Shit copy of Tolkien.
Aside from generic similarities that can be found in a ton of fantasies are they really that similar?

Fair points with the rest though, although Lucas' world-building isn't very extensive imo.

kek this universe is trash

Sydney Newman/Verity Lambert.

>Dune

"Sometimes the purpose of science fiction is not to predict the future but to prevent it".

The correct answer, Dune did for science fiction what Lord of the Rings did for fantasy according to Arthur Clarke.

>not spending your Sundays actually doing that instead of being told to do that
I am. I'm currently spreading the word of jesus christ on Sup Forums :^)

Tolkien didn't work with the movie crew. The others did.
Makes me wonder how much of their writing was influenced by the movie crew
despite I don't like feminism, I respect the fact that she is the only woman of the six

Dune is fucking art

Why is Warhammer not popular with the 'geek' crowd who identify themselves with these universes

All the fags ITT thinking it means an actual universe.

It's not a location and just how big it is. It's the feel and intrigue.

Add Stan Lee or Fiege and remove LOwLing

Whoever Todd Howard replaced on this picture is 100x better than Todd fucking Howard.

>JK Rowling
*INHALES*

>Kojima wearing heels
>Todd lying

Why do you think those are mutually exclusive?

Akira Toriyama

Physical pain.

I'm not disagreeing with that. In the case of Harry Potter for example, the universe being "small" can detract from the feel and intrigue. How much potential is there for complexities to the relationship between wizards and the modern world? A lot, but there isn't in this case, it's just "they conceal themselves and their magic places with magic" and some minor shit like making a car fly.