Monstress #11 How to do Exposition Well

I found this a particularly well done issue, in both art and writing. So even if you just like Sana's art, this is an issue that's worth a read.

Actually, I found this Wednesday to be a very good day over all, my wallet takes a huge hit on the 3rd week comics cause almost all my favs come out then. And my original plan was to storytime Sky Doll but there's no download links to that yet! Come on pirates, get on that one it's a masterpiece!

A lot of fantasy novels try to put some horror in but they usually fail. Sana's art does it well

Love the change in the foxes face when he gets angry, the teeth are gnarled and spittle everywhere

>save my child
no you creepy tree lady!

You mean you swear at your mother

another revelation that mom's an asshole

>A lot of fantasy novels try to put some horror in but they usually fail. Sana's art does it well
If you say so senpai. I find very little in it visually disturbing.

when gods war

I found the trapped souls a bit freaky. And I love the stuff with the elder gods.

the necro-spirit fox-man is awesome

I really like the depiction of the gods, I think they look amazing. But at the actual moments of horror/gore I don't really feel an impact. I think it might be to do with the color, it's always quite blended and soft.

>cats are drug pushers
makes sense

a lot of pages devoted to letters and pictures

Thanks for the storytime OP. Can I be that asshole and ask you to talk about why you think the exposition is done particularly well?

for one, having a magician creating illusions really helps it to feel more active. But mainly the tone of the fox keeps changing to keep it interesting. He goes from casual to angry to bargaining and batshit insane. It kept me engaged the entire time when all that was happening was him explaining what had happened.

end

and if anyone can get their hands on Sky Doll that issue was fantastic

bump

The fox's expressions are well drawn but they don't really flow too well into each other (but at the same time aren't so shockingly jarring that it could be the point.) I dunno, Monstress is an okay comic but I feel like what you're admiring here is something I've seen lots of stories do and do better. Hell, the fox himself reminds me of Coyote in Gunnerkrigg Court, who uses the ability to change tone completely on a dime to much greater effect.

But I should say you shouldn't feel bad or like you made a mistake in admiring this, it's just a difference in opinion and I'm sure I like something you don't care for too. Monstress gets a lot of hyperbole around it, from people who love it and people who hate it, when really it's just a fairly nice fantasy comic with flaws like anything else.

Maybe my opinion would be more tempered if there was a morr abundance of fantasy comics. I started reading fantasy novels when i was young and wrote lots of fantasy stuff so i have an affection for it that is rarely met in comics.

Monstress is definitely one the prime examples of comics that are like fantasy novels.

yes i´m one of those people who hate it but i can understand why someone will like it

Thank you.

Why do you hate it? I can understand dislike but there isn't really anything to hate about this series.

Download Links where?!

Win o

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!

The feinds, hiding it in plain sight . . .

usually under the skin where your arm once was

okey replace hate for dislike

It's not capeshit, it's not SJWshit, it's got nice artwork and the story is good. What's not to like?