Are you satisfied with Luke's death?

Are you satisfied with Luke's death?

If not, how would you have changed it, assuming that Luke has to be killed off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UH0nTHb6OdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>assuming that Luke has to be killed off.
Well there's the problem to begin with, there was no reason for him to be

If I had to change ONE thing, no force projection bullshit. There is no reason Luke couldn't be there personally.

>how would you have changed it
He would show up to fight Kylo and Snoke, take a mortal wound from Kylo and then Kylo would betray Snoke instead of executing Luke and talk with Luke the way Luke talked with Vader when he was dying.

Personally I didn't mind his death and I actually found it pretty suitable. Force projection appears extremely strenuous. That combined with the fact that it turned out he was lactose intolerant the entire time was certain doom and I'm surprised I was the only one in the audience who already saw it coming since Luke puckered up those chapped smoochers for that succulent sloth milk dripping from those enticing perky teets. Right there I knew he was done for. The audience laughed but deep down they knew. And all of you should have known. You all knew this was coming. Luke Skywalker dies from bubbleguts brought on by spoiled sloth milk. And I'm fine with that.

make him go to nothoth, fight kylo for real, get killed in a lightsabercombat, while the rebels try to escape
#AstralProjectionDice

He had to die saving Kylo to give him the last push to the light side and redeem himself.

Does anyone have the webem of the scene where he dies

Have Rey kill Luke, as he is about to strike down Kylo, to spare his life, while she screams "No! I love him!"

This. The force projection + "red soil under the salt" bullshit was only made so children won't have to see blood on screen, and so Luke would die weak and tired instead of heroically.

Fuck'em.

Are you satisfied with your life as a Disney shill?

Maybe you should be killed off.

>so children won't have to see blood on screen
But cutting Snoke in half is fine? We even see the body afterwards, repeatedly. It's not like Maul, who just fell into a pit Disney-style.

No force projevtion and he destroys the at ats

hmmmm

If they wanted to kill him off he should have been there in person. This part where he's an illusion but then dies anyway makes NO FUCKING SENSE.

does someone have the milking scene? my friends don't believe me about it

He became one with the force, you moron. Kylo didn't actually kill him........

jesus christ Sup Forums

Why would you care about the stupid Disney characters when you have Luke skywalker in your movie. That's why Disney wanted to get rid of him. These bastards brought the old cast for nostalgia and was in a hurry to kill them off to please the tumblrinas audience they care so much about.

No explanation why a projection could make u die.

The problem with him is just deeper, they make him stupid and even a good death doesnt fix it. In fact his death in TLJ is not so bad, they only thing that I found wrong it's this phantom projection stuff, it's kinda kill the epic moment. Instead of heroism and struggling they show us a competely invulnerable character who wasn't really in any danger.

does daisy ever close her mouth during the movie?

>If not, how would you have changed it, assuming that Luke has to be killed off.
Have him die of natural causes at the end of the trilogy after peace returns to the galaxy, his smile and optimism restored. Let him die as himself.

Yes, that happens when you die in this series, you fucking brainlet. That's why it makes no sense.

She's been hinting for two full movies now.

Why do rich people want the poor to forget nostalgia

Kylo can't even beat Rey. It he ended up killing Luke I would have been even more pissed.

>luke has to be killed off
>the character which its corresponding actor is ACTUALLY DEAD gets plot convenient super powers for no reason whatsoever and doesn't die

What the fuck did they mean by this

Have him go out the same way Obi Wan did, fighting Ren so Rey can get away. Then have Ren kill Snoke, put on the mask again and become a proper leader, not an angsty teenager. You know... Character development.

why did Yoda die?

why did Obi-Wan die?

if you're gonna roleplay as someone who hates Star Wars at least watch the fucking movies

the movie was finished filming before she died, what you expected them to change it completely just because someone died?

Why not just make characters people actually fucking care about instead

>And he has a huge red lightsaber
What did she mean by this?

>How would you have changed it?
Luke uses the force to project himself to a long time in the future in a galaxy far far away at a place called Disney HQ and kills everyone especially Rian and Kathy.

Women rule, and are the future of star wars. Get over it.

>why did Yoda die?
Old age, he was over 900.
>why did Obi-Wan die?
Because Vader struck him down, you fucking retard. Did you even watch ANH?

The entire movie was shit, and the whole basis of it is a retarded scene meant to give plausible deniability to everyone involved so everyone acted like total retards due to totally nonsensical random shit.

>HURRR have to make both Luke and Kylo both sort of reasonable in how they reacted
>HURRR Luke therefore was standing over Kylo with a Lightsabre drawn
>HURRR Kylo reasonably took that as a threat to his life
>HURRR but this makes Luke a bad guy, so lets write it so he stopped and had remorse like a good goi, but still had his lightsabre out
>HURRR but Kylo kills all the other students lets not emphasize that too much.

Fucking retarded.

oh so you're saying Yoda was drained of energy and peacefully passed on?

>Because Vader struck him down

I didn't see the light saber go through his robes, he just collapsed

you gotta work on your LARP stats, user, you're not fooling anyone here

so they'll kill her offscreen between 8 and 9?

They couldn't have had him killed by Snoke because Snoke is a literally who and to kill off Luke Skywalker at the hands of a villain who has had a screen time of 5 minutes would be disgraceful.

It would have to have been either at the hands of Rey or Kylo. I personally think that they really should have gone down the route of Rey falling to the dark side and killing Luke. Kylo should have had a proper moment to speak with Luke where Luke can explain to him what happened on the night that Kylo ran away, and with Snoke dead because of Kylo and his trust in Luke restored he would be leaning more towards the Light side. Also, Luke wants to get rid of the Jedi, and Kylo wants to get rid of the past so their ideologies align in a way.

Rey would kill Luke because she was too far into the Dark side and Kylo would have Luke die in his arms the same way Anakin died in Luke's. And in the next movie it's basically Kylo fighting Rey and trying to bring her back from the Dark side all the white the First Order is in full force chasing the Resistance, Kylo, and Rey with Hux as the new Supreme Leader.

>both sort of reasonable

neither of them were being reasonable, that's the entire point of that whole scene

>this makes Luke a bad guy

no, it makes him someone who fucked up. The entire movie is about fucking up.

>Kylo kills all the other students lets not emphasize that too much.

It's totally emphasized though? Wtf are you talking about user?

Wtf is ANH? Speak english potatohead

>youtube.com/watch?v=UH0nTHb6OdY
>watch this
>except people in comments call them out for out of ass answers
>they actually praise them for it

What the fuck. Is this the absolute state of people who watch SW nowadays ?

>oh so you're saying Yoda was drained of energy and peacefully passed on?
No, I'm saying his body was old and failing. That's how aging works.

>I didn't see the light saber go through his robes,
Try watching the movie, mouse cuck.

>No opening crawl for IX
>Replaced with "Note: Leia died on the way back to her home planet."

Not sure user, I don't have all the answers.

>

Actually the writers fucked up.

>No, I'm saying his body was old and failing. That's how aging works.

oh you're his fucking doctor now?

>Try watching the movie, mouse cuck.
>posts still of lightsaber not cutting through the robes

Try actually learning how to LARP as someone who hates star wars.

>her home planet is literally the first victim of a death star
I actually hope this would happen and we see execs fucking up once again

its ok user i was just throwing it out there

>no argument

Concession accepted, Mickey.

As an image floating around says, Luke was dead the whole time Kylo crushed him in his hut.

ohhhhh SHIT they made my space wizard chilhood hero more flawed and complex like an actual human being connecting thematically with the franchise about the balance of light in dark within everyone.... WHAT THE FUCK...

he (and snoke) should have died in a tie after luke cuts through his meme guards
then kylo could take over and the rest could proceed the same, whatever

are you gonna elaborate or are you just gonna continue the circlejerk so you can get attention from internet strangers?

wait, nvm user, I already know the answer

I unironically think George Lucas would have done a better job than Abrams and Johnson.

? I'm not arguing, I'm saying I'm not a psychic and I have no idea what they're doing for episode IX

you're a very angry person, aren't you user?

>gets BTFO
>you're baiting me QQ

thanks for playing, neckbearded larper

>connecting thematically with the balance of light and dark

Already done in ROTJ.

They ignored his character arc so Rian Johnson can have his hamfisted Rashomon moment.

>getting this angry
It must be hard trying to defend a shit movie.

btw in terms of characterization, Luke would be the last person to try and assassinate his nephew despite THE DARK SIDE, because he is the one guy who actually redeemed the big bad.

You probably never really watched the originals.

I'm the other user you replied to, talking about Ben and Yoda.

People are tired of restarts and newwave thinking. Just bring it home with some classic swashbuckle, but you white keep fucking things up.

he would have actually bothered to show up to fight

and change that 'cya round kid' line.

This. It was actually really noble to sacrifice himself to save Ben. Kind of making up for his mistakes with him.

>tosses his saber when confronted with Darth Sidious
>flips his shit at some sleepy kid with bad thoughts

The absolute state of Disney's Luke Skywalker.

>They ignored his character arc
Nope

>They ignored his character arc
>Nope
Yup.

They 180'd his entire personality, so yeah, they did.

Wait, the young idealistic hero of the rebellion is no longer the exact same person thirty years later?

That's ridiculous.

He was young and idealistic when training Kylo, because he was just starting his order of Jedi.

In fact he would probably be pretty fucking happy at that time, so flippin out like that is retarded.

So if Anakin's blue lightsaber was destroyed by Kylo and Rey, what happened to Luke's green lightsaber?

You are a dumbass, Obi Wan did not actually get "struck down" by Vader. He knew his time was up and became one with the force "died" before Vader could lay an actual finger on him.

pawn'd it

Someone stole it to use it as something something

>That's ridiculous.

Correct.

cite your sources

Game of Thrones is possibly to blame for this shit. Even before GOT, "Nerd" culture started to focus on surprises as content. GOT and TWD have made it mainstream with the death-of-the-season being the only thing worth watching for. Luke didn't have to die, but Han died already! If Luke dies that makes this an emotional and memorable movie....right?!

>OT Luke does his absolute best to redeem Darth fucking Vader, and never gives up on him until he finally succeeds against all odds
>Thirty years later
>ST Luke seriously considers killing his young nephew in his sleep because he's showing a few signs of being tempted to the dark side
Defend this.
>inb4 he changed in those 30 years
You don't have such important character development happen OFF FUCKING SCREEN

What's the rush with them wanting to promote new characters anyway? Doing a sequel trilogy centred around the original cast would have been fine.

I watched the fucking movie?

Did Qui Gon disappear when Maul fucked his shit up?

Absolutely not, he took a saber to the chest.

>He knew his time was up

What the fuck does that even mean, you brainlet? Why would he abandon Luke on the fucking Death Star if he had a choice? Why even make that entire sub-plot about Qui-Gon learning to come back from death?

Fucking Disney shill trying to retcon everything.

They really needed to actually show Luke and Kylo backstory and not just tell them.
Even a glimpse at Kilo actually harming one of his fellows as a young student in a frenzy wold've made Luke arc more believable.

>Luke calls out to Rey
>Rey and Chewie pick him up from Ach-To
>Drop him off on Crait
>Creates a force bubble to protect himself from walker fire
>Fights Ren with his green saber to stall for time
>Senses everyone is on the Falcon, says his line about striking him down in anger
>Allows himself to be killed, just like Obi-Wan
>Pottery

>Han Died in the first movie of the nu-trilogy
>Luke dies in the 2nd
>Leia will have to in 3

Is it poetry?

That would require effort and actors with charisma.

No one new how to become a Force ghost until Qui-Gon came back and taught Yoda and Obi-Warn. Do your research, mouse.

>Is it poetry?
More like POOetry.

What part of more powerful than you can possibly imagine don't you understand? He's referring to his tutoring of Luke, the resolve striking him down will awaken in the young man.

Luke is a white male. I'm glad he's dead and don't fucking care how he died. He could die from a heart attack in the middle of a meal at Denny's or whatever white people do in their free time. Star Wars really needs to focus on black trans women now. That is what will make a successful franchise. If they don't appeal to the 0.00001%, they are literally slave-owners

This.
If we had scenes starting off with Luke full of hope, then slowly getting that hope eroded away as he makes missteps and/or Ben starts fucking ip, it would be a believable shift in character.
As it stands, it's among the worst examples of show don't tell being violated.

He was all that sarcastic about "wanna see me come and slay whole FO", why they couldn't do that? 1000 CGI stormtroopers running inside of base, AT-AT waiting behind, Luke on his old X-wing arrives and brings Kylo's shuttle down, jumps of and starts murdering stormtroopers and force pushing AT-ATs like he did in Dark Empire. He dies bringing whole army down so Rebels can escape, only Kylo, Hux and dosen of stormtroopers survive so they dont have enough men to go inside base and forced to retreat.

>Crait

get out. OOOUUUUT.

> everything I don't agree with is a Disney Shill

He was stalling for time you absolute dunce. Remember when he FUCKING WINKS at Luke before he disappears?

So? This is not my point, I'm saying Obi Wan didn't die from a physical wound.

>And he has a huge red lightsaber
Who talks like this?

How about no sex at all?

I was OK with his arc this movie and sacrificing himself to give the resistance time to escape, but not the events leading up to his death. I hoped he would do more before having his "if you strike me down..." moment. Maybe block that barrage of fire, similar to Kylo blocking Poe's shot in TFA, but showing he is more powerful. A more dramatic lightsaber battle something like that. Johnson builds it up like it will be this dramatic confrontation, but all Luke does is stand there, then dodge a couple swings of a lightsaber.

If he comes back as a force ghost in Episode IX, then fine. If this really was the last time we see Hamill has Luke, then I am disappointed.

My only hope is that him saying "see you around kid" means there is more to come.

Unless you change his whole story during TLJ (His refusal to go back and use the force hands-on), then his death was well done. Killing him wasn't the best thing to do, but they did it well. I appreciated the scenery at dusk. To be frank, the 70s are over and to think Disney would try to capture the original feel of the movies again would just be setting oneself for disappointment.

>be Luke, living in my sweet jedi temple, training some new jedis
>life is good, but nephew's been getting all grimdark lately, bit worried about him
>han probably beat him when he was a kid or something
>decide to do a quick mind-read while he's asleep just to see what's bothering him
>be completely unprepared for Snoke's dark side dick stuffing every corner of nehpew's mind
>WHOAFUCK
>ignite saber in purely instinctual reaction to such a strong dark presence
>instantly realize I'm being dumb, this is my nephew, chill out Luke
>feel like a dumbass for even considering raising my lightsaber against this kid
>about to switch it off when he sees me holding my weapon over him and flips out
>NO, BEN STOP
>get building collapsed on me
>wake up, kids are dead/missing and temple in flames

This is exactly the way it happened. It was an instinctual reaction to a very strong dark presence in Ben that he did not expect.
Anyone who thinks he consciously decided "HMM, MAYBE I SHOULD KILL BEN" and merely changed his mind is a colossal idiot and not an actual SW fan.

>Luke seriously considers killing his young nephew
Like this stupid shit. No, he didn't "consider" it. He reacted on instinct and instantly felt ashamed for doing so toward his nephew.

oh fucking please. You could have characters of the highest caliber in writing and still the fanbase would cry for luke, leia, and han