Am I not allowed to give my black OC electric powers Sup Forums?

Am I not allowed to give my black OC electric powers Sup Forums?

post static shock or gtfo

I actually really detest that character

>detest static shock
the one from the cartoon why?

The one from cartoons is a good boi. The one from the comics is a bad influence.

No bendos, you should have just stocked with the power of making white males angry at him, but no you had to go with the op ultimate electric powah also

yes but only if he repeatedly breaks the fragile pussies of every wimpy white girl with his bbc

Actually my OC is heavily inspired by Shounen protagonists so he's borderline asexual.

Not when it turns your character into a boring, unfunny version of One Punch Man

Because black guys with electricity powers are extremely common; in fact, I'm struggling to think of a power that's more common for black guys if you don't take Avatar tribes into account.

Other than being shot by bullets/vaporised by laser guns, but that's not exactly a power.

super-strength

classic

Well then gtfo then.

So he wasn't superhero Fresh Prince in the comics?

Why not just do what Marvel did with Blade and remake the character using the version people actually liked?

Technology. Not building robots or anything, just having technology.

Its the cape variant of the black nerd stereotype.

You're "allowed" to do whatever you want, the only reason why people think black characters usually have electrical powers is because a good chunk of popular/mainstream black characters have that power:
>Storm
>Miles (That venom sting thing)
>Black Lightning
>Static (In fact there was another electricity power black dude called soul power the appeared in the animated series)
>Juice (apperared in Justice League Unlimited as a member of a group of villains who were a super friends homage)
>Black Vulcan (who was created because DC had some trouble with Black Lightning IIRC)
>Volt
>And the daughters of Black Lightning
Now, because of that, casuals and short-minded comic readers see electricity as the usual power for black characters, when in reality there are numerous black characters with powers that aren't related to electricity, but it's the ones with electrical powers that have gotten the most attention.

On contrary, OP, you're not allowed to not give your black character electric powers.
>black Shounen protagonist
Now this I gotta see. Considering how many blacks are weeaboos it makes perfect sense and I am surprised it hasn't been done before.

Why this is a thing? I remember this dude in Irredeemable who says "Yeh, I'm a black dude with electric powers, I know"

Electricity is a power for black people, villains, and mice. Only the last of which is mutually exclusive to the others.

What would be powers that theme inclusive to white people?

There aren't any, plenty of white characters with differing powers have become popular or well known enough that there isn't really a stereotypical super power assigned to them:
>The Fantastic Four
>The white members of the X-Men
>The white members Avengers
>The white members Justice League
They're all example of characters that are popular or well known in the eyes of the public and comic book readers, and they all have differing powers, although most of them may share a few powers such as flight, a high level of durability, and super-strength, and etc, these are considered to be the standard super power set, a stereotype/cliche that could be applied to any super-powered character.

So are comic book writers just racist or something? (Sorry if I'm sounding like a pic cop here)

Sorry PC cop
(Stupid auto correct)

I don't think that it means that all of them are racist, and I'm not sure how you got that from my post, it just means that most main comic characters were and are white, so they are more likely to get exposure and become mainstream or popular due to their numbers and the long history that most of them have under their belt, as opposed to minority main characters, who are smaller in numbers and possess less history in comparison, which means less chances of exposure, and even smaller chances of being popular/mainstream.

I gave mine electric powers...

White is the default in western culture, because the progenitors of western culture were white.

To be fair, basically every black hero has either electric or tech powers.

Who's the flashlight guy? Blacklight?

10/10

Actually...Yeah, that was going to be his name.

Zekrom, the Deep Black Pokemon, is also electric type

Gotta delve further into puns, dude. Nigga-Watt is great.

Maybe something like Sheet-Mane for a different character (kind of sounds like it could be Cloak's superhero name instead)

Yeah I'll delve more into it when school ends and I have more time,

Also, technical question, anyone in this thread know how to color drawings without it looking messy?

>scan it
>trace it/redraw on computer
>color with Sai
also you'll need a tablet

or co to /ic/ and get advice from there

I was gonna name his arch-nemesis "GentrifiKKKation"

okay...and if I'm a poorfag...?

There are cheap drawing tablets.

If you have a computer and wifi you can afford a cheap bamboo drawing tablet.

Aquatic powers.

Only if his supa hero name is niggawatts

call him Chocolate Thunder

Have you been reading the thread?

Why does he have an electric power, anyway?

Because Bendis' obsession with Jessica Drew is almost at the level of his love for Luke Cage and Kitty Pryde