What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

He was a wimpy kid.

/thread

He's a selfish jerk, but with none of the lovable or endearing qualities that selfish jerk characters are supposed to have.

> LOOK MOM I MADE THE MEME POST THREAD AGAIN I HAVE FRIENDS NOW PLEASE STOP CRYING DAD WILL COME BACK ANY DAY NOW

He's a kid who thinks he's much more cooler and smarter than he actually is

This is him now feel old yet?

Stop talking shit.

weird innit

so every middle school kid ever

His home life was complete shit. His older brother was constantly bullying him, his younger brother is clearly the favorite, his Dad is a cuck who even Greg is aware is disappointed in his kids and the mom is annoying to be around

His only friend is a fat kid who everyone like's more then him. The fat kid's dad doesn't even like Greg too. His crush only ever acknowledges him as some weird autistic kid. Greg's way's of getting noticed by anyone are incredibly shallow and superficial and are often the things that screw him over.

He think's he's superior to everyone else and doesn't give two shits what anyone else thinks

Basically he's a middle schooler who will likely end up on /r9k/

>that time he was literally cucked by Rowley
He'll end up here soon enough

jellyfishes..... do we really need 'em?

>So there's this kid, right? Proper wimpy fella, and he, er, keeps a diary
>Is the wimpy kid you Karl
>No it's this oth-
>You keep a diary Karl
>Yeah but-
>It's Karl

Yes, but in this case he really is a lot dumber than he thinks he is

The real question is what type of man he'll be when he grows up now that's a diary of read

Kek'd so hard.

Yeah, he's too real. Hits too close to home in a lot of ways.

His older brother looks like an Asian lesbian

The new Rodrick looks like shit

Also is the final book going to be about him shooting up the school or what?

The only good type of jerk desu.

>the final book is about his diary(ies) finally being found out which not only connects itself to real life present day, but also reveals how Greg has turned out in adulthood, which is pretty much this: .

RODRICK KILLED WAS PART OF THE CREW THAT KILLED JT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nah he's not nearly edgy enough to pull that shit probably wouldn't have the balls either he'll probably be one of those background kids no one like

WHAT HAPPENED TO GREG HEFFLEY

It's funny we're reading about all the shit he does from his perspective and he's still a complete asshole I wonder how's he like from everyone else's point of view

Is he making a final book for real?
Because the last time he intended a "final book" it was about how Rowley was becoming more distant from Greg, and him realizing that he has to learn to grow up, just for all of it to go back the status quo.

Half the jokes in the book are about how the only 2 people who will hang out with him are a fat, sheltered kid with mild assburgers and helicopter parents and a ADHD kid with severe assburgers.

Does he ever get any other freinds I stopped reading years ago or is is stilll a mildly depressed loner?

Rowley's the best looking one out of the entire cast and from the looks of the trailers out now, he's not gonna be in this movie a lot.

Why do you like him if he is such an asshole?

Because he's Rule 63 Mabel Pines

But we hate Mabel.

For you.

His book series wasn't as good as pic related

>That whole beach vacation
What the fuck! I honestly want to story time the series just so other people can see Greg's downward spiral.

>final book
>implying the author isn't going to keep milking these cash cows forever.

So I actually went through the time frames these books set up and Greg should already be a Junior in Highschool.

>That time Manny left his family to starve and freeze during a blizzard
>He hoarded the electricity, warmth, and food
>All because nobody would teach him how to tie his shoes
FUCK THAT LITTLE BASTARD

Lmao get the fuck out of here.

I'm so used to seeing him on The 100, I forgot about this.

I'm still pissed about JT.

Do it.

This works for me, he looks like my friend's complete douche older brother.

The single good joke in this series was the "Shel Silverstein will get you" one in the first book.
Prove me wrong

That little nigger needs to die.

No, he's too self-destructive to make friends. If he just calmed down and wasn't shitty people would like him.

desu i.like how much of an asshole he was

I like the series because [/spoiler]I like to think of the small stories in the books as being sine if those crazy greentext stories, and Greg fits the description of a typical user very well. The books to me are just more enjoyable when I think about it in this context.[/spoiler]

I remember reading this on funbrain when I was kid.

Christ it's been a long time.

wow I messed up there big time

but you get the point

Greg did nothing wrong

XOO

I think I realized why the books are so much better than the movies.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid should be extremely difficult to adapt to film, because in the book it's very ambiguous what happens vs. what Greg's selfish mind interprets. That uncertainty gives the books a certain edge to them that you can't get from a more objective, unambiguous film.

They're still making these movies, huh.

>actually read the original webcomic a little in primary school (like ), later some of the novels
>found out about the (first) film adaptation years later, checked trailer
>got a confused semi first time seeing Live Action!Rodrick...shirtless

Only watched like 2 of those movies though. I remember feeling so satisfied that the second movie justified Greg's involvement in Rod's party (y'know, instead of what happened in the book where Greg was unfairly punished despite being a victim himself locked in the basement)...

That's a helluva improvement, I can tell you that.
>ripped baggy jeans
Awful.

agreed. I feel this was the Challenge A Monster Calls faced as well, the book left a lot to speculation that a film simply cannot do because of it's larger scope of narrative that film demands.

He had associates but he spent most of his time with his friend Rowley so no I don't think he had any other real friends

That is some major babyface

>best character in this book series gets little to no screen time in the reboot

Puberty has been inordinately kind to him.

He spent time with Chirag and Fregley.

Holy shit!

No one fucking kicked his ass and set him straight. This kid is more in need of an ass whooping than any other character I've ever seen.

This was his grandma being a bitch, tho, since he did that when he was an infant. Many almost intentionally killed his entire family at that ave and no one calles him out on it.

>pic
Why is it always frogposters?

IIRC the only time he really tried to hang out with Fregley ended very badly, and I don't remember any positive interactions he had with Chirag. I just remember him starting the Invisible Chirag joke that made the poor kid's life hell.

Do it with the worst book you have.

What show is this from I can't remember

Would a DoaWK Storytime really go well at all?

I don't think I really get it.
Is this Rodrick?

That's Karl Pilkington from The Ricky Gervais Show.

Is this a different actor?

What, did the other one from five years ago get too old?

This makes way too much sense.

Yes
This is Greg's actor now: Still, that doesn't explain replacing Steve Zahn. His performance as the dad was easily the best part of the movies.

Or Rodrick. Hollywood gets away with shit like adults acting like teenagers all the time

My favourite moment is when in the second book Greg writes a school report where he says that men and mooses both descend from birds.

Mine was in The Ugly Truth wit that butt picture.