THE SHIELD

I just finished The Shield, lets have talk about it pls. Thoughts on Mackeys fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lsDLkDmzhJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was such a good show and I enjoyed it a lot but for some reason I barely remember anything from it. Wish I had time to rewatch it

It's a bittersweet taste, but he deserved it. Such a good show.

Mackeys did nothing wrong

>be the most corrupt and criminal cop probably in us history
>totally get away with everything and your only "punishment" is a desk job

unironically what did they mean by this?

I'd be surprised if he managed to see out his desk duty without going rogue or getting fucked in the ass through some technicality

He also lost his family and all the friends he had in the process.

The last minutes seem to imply that he'll eventually need to go back in the streets and just shoot thugs and what not, to feel like he's on the right side of justice again.

intially FX and the shows creators did want to do a tv movie sequel but nothing ever came of it.

Apparently some of the highlights were supposed to be Mackey has finally gotten cut loose from his desk job after waiting out his time and his trying to track down the ex and kids meanwhile Ronnie has escaped prison/gotten out with time served because they could never use any of Mackeys testimony on him without bringing the whole shit show down and he's hunting down Mackey.
Also some of the other characters responding and having interactions with Mackey and Ronnie both being loose again

Doesn't sound good. Ronnie was never meant to be more than a background character and the actor probably couldn't handle. I'd love to more of this show but it just won't work with the story we have now.

I wouldn't mind another show about busting doors and catching criminals though.

I know Antwan Micheal was supposed to be involved somehow but thats about all I can remember

I bailed after Forrest Whittaker showed up, he was legitimately that bad in the first couple episodes he was in. Before that it was one of my favorite cop shows.

its the perfect punishment for him. going out guns blazing would have been his style, but instead of going out like a badass, he will waste away at the most boring job they could find for him.

>he didn't experience some of the greatest BTFO moments in tv history.

Whitaker had a legit crazy wife, Mackey fucked her for pure shits and giggles and made sure Whitaker knew. Whitaker tried to sleep with Mackeys wife and she turned him down and it lead to Whitaker going off the fucking wall

Poor Ronnie. That was depressing as shit

shane did nothing wrong

lem ruined everything

armenian money train episodes were insane

Your loss

>"Who the hell do you think you are? You're just a cop!"
>"I AM THE SHIELD!"
literally stopped watching after that

>fx jews dragging their feet with the HD release

one day

>tfw their shield is what shields them

blew my mind when i realized it

Rewatching this now, in the middle of season 4.

I like the idea that a disgraced Vic killed Jax.

He wad trapped in a prison of his own making. Just instead of a jail cell, he was stuck within the walls of a cubicle. He lost or alienated every single person that ever cared about him in the slightest. There is no one he has left. It's fitting that the only picture he can even face on his desk at the end is Lem's, the onr person that didn't get to live to see just how far he fell, nor get betrayed by him, which would havr eventually happened had Shane not dropped a grenade in his lap. Best drama to ever air on television.

Ronnie became cool as shit towards the end when they started actually using his character. The sunglasses n shit.

The Shield has one of the most satisfying endings of any TV show for me personally. Most shows kind of blow their wad too early, or try to compromise with how it ends, but The Shield didn't.

It's not about Mack getting his comeuppance, it never was. He's destroyed everything he ever loved, ruined everyone's else's life, and he's an outcast. Through it all though he hasn't changed a bit, he still lusts after the chase, he desires that life still, even after the horrible shit he's inflicted on people.

The ending is amazing. They did a bang up job with it.

Glenn Close best part of that season.

She was too good for that world.

Imagine if she had Vic from the beginning?

I think SoA is a prequel to The Shield. The truck driver was so traumatized by Jax using him to commit suicide that he changed his named, moved to LA, became a cop and devoted his life to punished criminals.

my fav part is where she gets the niggers all riled up because she starts taking houses and cars.

She used Antwon's gay son fucking all the Mexicans as a weapon against him.

her blowout with Claudette and puts Claudette in her place.

You ever suck a dick like a cell bitch, cop man?

Dutch and Claudette were the only fucking normal people in that entire building, and they were hateable because of it. Just think of that.

good point but I never hated them. i just didn't agree with Claudette views on Monica and liked the scene where they argue and Claudette gets all pissed off. great acting.

I mean the other characters. You can tell Aceveda despises both of them more than Vic because they're better at being cops than he ever would be.

Dutch fucking Vic's wife was perfect, though.

>when Aceveda's hooker realizes he was mouthfucked at gunpoint

>work comfy paper pushing desk job for a few years
>don't have to deal with bitch ex wife or unruly children anymore
>can never be charged for anything
>after ice contract is up he can start a new life doing whatever tf he wants
he got off easy

What happened to Shane was horrible. And Vic was a hypocrite piece of shit that got of somewhat easy.

>he can start a new life doing whatever tf he wants
except being a cop. and thats all he ever wanted.

I feel like it was great commentary on the type of person in the soup agencies.

They should make it again with him in the FBI.

lol that's true

Well he pinned it all on Ronnie.

:(

literally /ourguy/

>Thoughts on Mackeys fate?
Mackey
>divorced
>Lost his crew
>stuck in a desk job as analyst
would've gone back to robbing hoods after 1 week

I thought that it was a fitting end.

Mackey loses his family, his friends, his job, and the respect of anybody who has ever looked up to him. He's stuck on desk duty on a short leash. He has that moment of silent reflection, then, just like that, the old Vic's back. He's learned nothing. There will be more games. In the long-term he's heading to jail or the morgue. Just not today.

To contrast the darkness, you have Dutch and Claudette who, despite their many character flaws, are good detectives who have each other's backs.

If you want to know Mackey's fate you just have to look at how he behaves in all the seasons before the last episode. He sucks up to people, makes friends in high places and manipulates people with power to get what he wants. Two weeks after the last episode he will be back on the street. Two months after the last episode he will have his family back. This ties into the other evidence we have for his behaviour: he does not quit and he will do anything for his family.

The Shield remake when?
youtube.com/watch?v=lsDLkDmzhJQ