He's back as a monster
Because no one wants to see Thimpson no more
They want classic, he's Nu Marvel
Well if you want Eddie this is what they'll give ya
A little bit of SHIT mixed with some baaaad writing
But the COStume is so cool, it gives me a nerd boner
But the writer's a hack who's dialogue is a groaner
I mean what kind of like is my darling
It had all of Sup Forums pissed and snarling (heyyy!)
You waited this long, and they pissed us all off
'Cause Costa's a hack, the story had a bad payoff
I know Marvel's standards are low
But that's no excuse for this to blow

But my fanboy glee won't let me be
Yes I can see this is so cringey
Call me an autist I don't care
Cuz that's the real Venom on the page up there
So, come on and hate, shitpost till late
Fuck that! My favorite villain is back
And get ready, the writing will still suck next time
An the art is worse but I'm done I'm too white to rhyme!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnmO_46lJ3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A for effort, I guess?

I should be excited but I'm not

>My Darling

9.9/10

What you don't like them butchering character development creating plot holes and going back to hey hey kids remember me you liked me right because were back to this shit again!?

Well that's what you get, someone is buying this kind of shit and that's why they keep making what if stories cannon and returning to the statues quo. There is more to this but I just can't care anymore.

so how did the venom symbiot go nuts again? Is he evil or what?

To be fair, I don't see how the Venom thing could have worked out any smoother

Come on, there was absolutely no reason to make that little wop Venom and then Gargan, that whole story was pretty good but fucking pointless

Gargan Venom is one of the dumbest things ever, oh....I know...let's make Mr Freeze be the new Captain Cold!!!! No fucking purpose and it served nothing

Did anyone care about Flash Venom when he went into space?
I lost all interest in him the moment he joined the GotG

So the entire last paragraph is you admitting you're fine with bad stories and art as long as Eddie is Venom?

Geez, nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

And how is Flash Thompson "Nu Marvel"? Agent Venom was around before Marvel started pumping out legacy heroes. He existed before Miles did.

I started buying Bendis Guardians just because Flash was on it and it's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

The Spaceknight comic was fine, and actually got pretty good once it got to issue 7. It was a good writer trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

I don't agree with OP about Flash being "nu Marvel", but when it comes to Marvel, you have to take what you can get

So he has two symbiotes now?

Klyntar shit is awful

Come back in a few months when Eddie and Venom start going on adventures and talking to each other, then I'll let you know if it's bad writing. I can't get anything out of an off panel bonding and "We're back!"

youtube.com/watch?v=wnmO_46lJ3U

The suit is not evil, on the contrary, its now established that most hosts are much more evil than the suit and therefore primarily reponsivle for their actions while bonded.

The suit was bonded to an army exranger scumbag who was edgy as fuck. He was a psycho and wanted to kill and kill and whatever.

So...to capture the symbiote, Spider-man told the suit he wanted to bond with it. The symbiote abandoned its host hoping to be part of a noble bonding where he could help people as a hero. But it was Bullshit, Spider-Man lied and it was just a ploy to capture it. Eddie was assisting the FBI because I guess no other agency wanted the job and they're real equal opportunity employers. Eddie kills the guard watching the captured symbiote and in its traumatized state easily bonded with it because the suit as good as it was now really, really, really hates Spider-Man, and in my opinion Peter's got it coming.

Except that's bullshit because Peter was following Eddie's plan and the symbiote should know that the second it bonded to Eddie.

>kills the guard

Except he didn't. He's still breathing in this panel.

>bonds with the suit in its traumatized state

Except we have no idea if that's how it went down. It was all off panel.

wait Spidey lied? that doesn't sound like peter.

He's done that trick before to get the upper hand on Venom, and Peter really hates symbiotes.

The symbiote got stupider by being bonded to Lee Price and being dominated by his magical Ranger training. I'm not even making this up.

That's pretty cool, are they bringing back mania?

but in that Venom issue where he comes back to Earth, spiderman let's him go. Damn these writers, damn them to hell.

>I don't see how the Venom thing could have worked out any smoother

Why not, you know, establish an active reason for Brock to want the symbiote back. And, you know, show that you may have read at least one issue with the character in the last decade by explaining why he went from wanting to kill the Venom symbiote to wanting to rebond.

>that whole story was pretty good but fucking pointless
>pretty good

That's some serious shit taste, user.

Brock doesn't have Toxin anymore. Read Conway's Carnage book.

I can't see why, not like a symbiot can't be a good guy any more.

>Spider-man told the suit he wanted to bond with it.

Lets not forget that this whole plan was Brock's idea.

ok fucking why? Why not let the suit go with Peter and give it to Brock? Was this all a scheme behind peter's back as well?

And Spidey agreed with it. I have no idea why everyone wants to disagree with Peter's hatred of symbiotes and yet everyone is okay with Eddie wanting to dispose of all of them.

>ok fucking why?
Because shitty writing. That's why.

The symbiote should know this IMMEDIATELY after rebonding to Brock, too. But under Costa's pen, the symbiote is only privy to the host's memories as the plot demands it.

Why is no one able to understand that they bonded OFF PANEL. They could've talked about it for all we know.

>And Spidey agreed with it.
We don't know that he didn't protest. The end of the conversation is off panel. Brock just says, "I have a plan. You're not gonna like it." and then it cuts to seeing the plan in action.

>They could've talked about it for all we know.
Then WHY does the symbiote hate Peter? That's a huge focus in the solicits for the next few issues. It makes zero sense.

This. Solicit for Venom #151:

>"THE LAND BEFORE CRIME" Starts Here! Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever! While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN! Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man's brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!

If the symbiote knows the plan was Brock's idea, A) Why is it sticking with him? B) Why does it hate Spider-Man?

It wants to be a hero but spidey wont let him.

Not like this

NOT LIKE THIS

And Peter went through with it even if he did object. He even says he's going to hell for agreeing with it, but he does it anyway.

Spider-Man literally just watched the symbiote destroy a helicopter, a city block and to top it off, the symbiote punched him in the face.

So the symbiote is just mad that Spider-Man is...doing his job?

You know, Eddie coming back as Venom is not a bad idea in theory.
Both Eddie and Venom have both majorly evolved as characters since their separation. The symbiote was good before Costa completely reversed that. Now Space Knight is little more than a footnote in the history of Venom which I should be happy about. What Bendis did was a travesty but this is somehow even worse. At the very least, post-Space Knight symbiote would've had a more interesting dynamic with Brock. Both saw themselves monsters and they would've been trying to redeem themselves in the eyes of everyone. Watching both of them struggle with this and finding a shared motivation in that would've made for some good story telling.

But no, years of character development for both Eddie and the suit have been flushed down the toilet just so we can get Venom back to square one. Fuck Costa for ruining what could've been great and fuck Marvel's editorial for their blatant lack of giving a damn when it comes to continuity anymore.

>But no, years of character development for both Eddie and the suit have been flushed down the toilet just so we can get Venom back to square one.

How about we get our pitch forks out when we've at least seen more than one double page spread of the two back together?

Based on the quality of Costa's writing (just look at these 6 issues), it won't be good.

I swear to God if this is e stupid ass plan in a future issue where the only way this mystery plan could work is if the symbiot hates spiderman, I don't know what I'll do.

When the solicits say Venom is back to hating Spider-Man and how interviews with Costa show he wants to make Venom a villain again I find it hard to hold out hope it's finally gonna get better.
We're six issues in too, if it's not good now I doubt it'll suddenly improve.

So you want to just be spoonfed the whys and how's in the first issue via a bunch of expository dialog rather than wait for the story to bring you there naturally?

I love Green Goblin, what can I say
I'm bound to love any story where Norman acts as the alpha villain and inflicts hell upon Peters life

Ok maybe I worded that wrong....I guess what I was trying to say was, there is no way anything symbiote related couldn't be a mess...a basic concept has become so convoluted and retarded because of retcons and shit that it would be dumb no matter what, Kylntar? Give me a break, the origin of it has all been ruined. But yeah, I'm also not saying this new comic couldn't be better (it could be a lot better) I'm just saying it would be a rocky road no matter what with how much they've raped it and made it all a big mess

>rather than wait for the story to bring you there naturally?

So dropping over a decades worth of character development in a single issue is "bringing the story naturally"?

>there is no way anything symbiote related couldn't be a mess...a basic concept has become so convoluted and retarded because of retcons and shit that it would be dumb no matter what

Just because you're too dense to follow continuity and think of a decent way these things could play out, doesn't mean everyone else is.

A good writer could make this work just fine. Costa is not a good writer.

I'm not too dense to follow a stolen Green Lantern plot
I just think it's fucking stupid