Give me the down low on LeSean Thomas

Give me the down low on LeSean Thomas.

Why are his cartoons getting so much hype? Is a black dude joining forces with the people behind OPM and Evangelion good for Sup Forums or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/07-1/lesean-thomas-and-crunchyroll-join-forces-for-children-of-ether
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is a black dude joining forces with the people behind OPM and Evangelion good for Sup Forums or bad?
What?

Yeah I think it's a question directed towards white supremacist not sure...

Who?

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/07-1/lesean-thomas-and-crunchyroll-join-forces-for-children-of-ether

>Yesterday at New York Comic Con, during their industry panel, Crunchyroll announced a new collaboration with creator LeSean Thomas (Cannon Busters): Children of Ether. The project boasts an impressive staff, including character designer Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin), storyboard director Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man), animation director Yƻichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds Insight) and animator Mitsuo Iso (Neon Genesis Evangelion). Thomas himself is directing the project.

>Animation for Children of Ether is being produced by Yapiko Animation, which will also feature an original music soundtrack composed and performed by Mr Hudson. U.S. comic artist Ronald Wimberly contributed to the early concept designs.

Just being inflammatory to generate discussion don't mind me.

He worked on the Boondocks amongst other stuff:

>His recent, notable projects include the TV series, Black Dynamite, Legend of Korra for Nickelodeon Animation, Aaron McGruder's The Boondocks for Sony Pictures Television, Cannon Busters, and the upcoming Children of Ether for Crunchyroll.

There were huge threads here when Cannon Busters' first ep got released. Tfw still haven't seen it because a mega never got posted ;-;

>Children of Ether follows Rhonda, a woman with a dark past and a mysterious power, as she is pursued by an unknown assailant after the death of her father. Aided only by her wits and a pair of orphans, Rhonda journeys through a decaying, dystopian metropolis populated by raiders, gangs, and the supernatural. As she struggles to survive in this harsh urban tangle, she meets both friends and enemies, and searches for answers about this power, "The Ether", awakening within her.

I'm a little hype to be honest

Also that fuckin cat thing from Nausicaa lmao

This looks amazing.

>bad guys are white
>good people are everything but specifically white adult males

I can only reach eh levels of hype
Everyone mentioned has done great stuff on top tier shows but none of them, including LeSean Thomas, have been the creative head of anything I've seen or read. It will probably be very pretty and well paced and possibly well voice acted, but I really have no idea what I should be expecting.

Eat a dick.

>a dark past

Hoping for good things, but we'll wait and see.

>Legend of Korra
His opinion is irrelevant.

what if he was invovled in the good things in Korra?

Yes I know I'm setting myself up with this question.

You are teared and act like a child that has no idea on how a product that is made in a team is actually conceived.

> Is a black dude joining forces with the people behind OPM and Evangelion good for Sup Forums or bad?
It's not even out yet, so it's neither.

What I need to know is when is McGruder doing Black Jesus S3

I have already given up.

>There were huge threads here when Cannon Busters' first ep got released.
What episode? I don't think that was anything but the kickstarter threads.

Lesean Is one of the hardest workers in animation and he's practically a prodigy. He can draw dynamic action without even trying. Why is this such a problem for you?

That hat and furry animal were lifted straight from Nausicaa. Holy shit.

Could be good, not gonna lie.

While Itsuo is one of the more famous animators on Evangelion, calling him "one of the people behind the show" is a bit misleading.

It looks more like a chihuahua, while nausica is cuter than an eevee

>Give me the down low on LeSean Thomas

He's a really, REALLY bad artist.

>Casey goes flying, his golf bag strap is over his right shoulder
>Casey lands, his golf bag strap is over his left shoulder

But that doesn't matter! Lesean has STYLE!

>LeSean Thomas.

I don't know who that is.

>Is a black dude joining forces with the people behind OPM and Evangelion good for Sup Forums or bad?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

>perspective
>scale
>foreshortening

Naw nigga, I don't need nunna dat! I gots STYLE!

This is racist.

If a white man had drawn these pages, you wouldn't be criticizing them.

That artwork is OBJECTIVELY trash.

Lesean cannot draw for shit.

I've seen far worse.

Yes he can.

Also that TMNT comic is from fucking 2002

>I've seen worse art so therefor this art is not bad

Naw bro it's shit.

no one made a racial claim until you make your faggot post.

Are you a Leaf?

>no one made a racial claim

But then Get woke.

What does a black guy working on anime have to do with Sup Forums

Yeah, the episode was apparently released mid 2016 or thereabouts.

So far, no one's uploaded it anywhere (be it legally or through MEGA) for all the non-backers to see. Which sucks, because I'm legit curious as to how it is.

SHARINGAN!!!

>Michiko and Hatchin
>One Punch Man
>Gatchaman Crowds Insight
>Neon Genesis Evangelion

What the fuck is with this team of A-listers?

You can't do Black Jesus without Charlie Murphy.
You just can't...

An American creator is producing a show with Japanese creators through a French studio... I don't see this working very well.

Holy shit is this a YLYL thread? Because I just loss.

Goddamn this guy can't draw.

Oban Star Racers was kinda the same thing wasn't it?

thats because you're a brainwashed amrican

I'm not American.

Why did you go through the trouble of linking all those posts, but ignored additional information just a couple of posts down?

>that's because you're a brainwashed non-american

>wah wah LeSean is a bad artist, here's proof

>post his shit from FIFTEEN fucking years ago

if you want to shit on him and be relevant, post his recent shit

He survived and flourished as an production animator in South Korea. At least you know he has work ethic.

I only read posts with pictures.

Which is why I read yours.

Good work!

If you can't tee the obvious agenda, you're blind as fuck.

Lesean has always had a chip on his shoulder about white people.

Read some of his interviews. Dude straight up loathes whitey.

Vic was my favourite character dammit

>eyes looking in two different directions

wtf that nigga part frog or some shit?

Newsflash, but most black people hate whites.

Lesean isn't some outlier.

Why americans think that every race of the world act like their own racial stereotypes?

mite b cool

Do you feel that way about media featuring white heroes fighting against non-white enemies?

Because the American Media is based around representing every race on their stereotypes

t. Guy who's never left his basement

Which one? All I found was one where he blamed the media for pushing stereotypes, but nothing about white people as a whole.

>Newsflash, but most black people hate whites.

And we don't have a damn good reason?

>What I need to know is when is McGruder doing Black Jesus S3
Charlie Murphy is dead.
Lesean is really cool, I liked what he contributed to the boondocks and black dynamite, and when I met him in person, he was nice as fuck (and also cute, but thats irrelevant)

>And we don't have a damn good reason?

We got 200+ years worth of reasons to be hostile as fuck toward white folk and if you need me to cite my sources how but you crack open any text book on us history any of them go right ahead I'll wait

Black though you may be, that's no excuse for having such a poor grasp of punctuation, sir.

>We
No we don't you baiting faggot

>it's a "user can't into rhetorical questions on an Aboriginal Didgeridoo board and ends up arguing with the people who agree with him" episode
Please apply yourself

>Black though you may be
>Black
HA

>what is slavery
>what is jim crow
>what is civil rights
>what is police brutality

stay ignorant