Did Hamill knew about Luke's death or not?

>See ya round kiddo
*dissolves like a fart in the wind*

Did the Mouse killed him in post production without even say anything to /ourguy/ Mark?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-mark-hamill-luke-ending-spoilers-1201908343/
youtube.com/watch?v=4XECJyWaqz4
youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo
youtu.be/Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He thought that he was on the planet in the flesh, not just as some hologram

>“Well, I’m still in denial,” Hamill joked about the fact he’s no longer alive in the “Star Wars” universe. “I just think he transported somewhere else…The first thing I said [to Rian] was, ‘Can’t you wait and do this in Episode IX?'”
indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-mark-hamill-luke-ending-spoilers-1201908343/

>indiewire.com/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-mark-hamill-luke-ending-spoilers-1201908343/
>Johnson said that he collaborated with Lucasfilm on Luke’s fate to make sure his death made sense for the franchise.

Maybe he mean "no sense". I cant think a more retarded death. It was better if these faggot actually were able to deliver a proper Luke v Kylo fight with Kylo victorious in the end (maybe in an Obi-Wanesque way)

they killed him because he dared criticised their decisions, the look on his face after the premiere speaks volume. A look of disbelief, pure shock, and anger.

The logical way would have been luke flying in on his x-wing, luke stopping the assault by crushing a few walkers with the force, kylo halting the assault because he wants 1 vs 1 fight, luke stalling untill the resistance can flee (and we have poe kicking ass with luke's old x-wing) and luke then doing an obi wan after proving to everyone that kylo is an incompetent child compared to him. And the ending scene shows a grinning force ghost look at the rebels escaping, and a deflated kylo looking straight at luke and knows that every night from now ghost luke is going to do his "insane uncle is going to murder you" show. Just to fuck with kylo, because being kylo is being a joke of a failure

It was character assassination. Everything from the alien milk scene to the ANCIENT JEDI TEXTS to the "see ya around kiddo". I don't blame Mark for showing it on his face after seeing how it all came together in the premiere.

it didnt even rhyme.
Kylo shouldve bested Luke after all while still stalling for time. they couldve showed the extent of lukes power, he was the most powerful being in the galaxy

He realized he should have sucked those alien titties when he had the chance. Now he can't.

no confirmation that he's dead, relax guys... with this much backlash he'll be back don't worry

He was acting like Han when he said that to screw with Kylo

Yes, the fading happen at his back.

APOLOGIZE

youtube.com/watch?v=4XECJyWaqz4

>Luke saves the rebellion
>Does it while still being a complete pacifist
>Dies on his long-term home
>After having convened with Yoda
>And under the setting of the double sun.

There couldn't be a better ending for him honestly. Not unless you're an autistic fanboy that expected him to effortless destroy ALL the walkers with his sword like some DBZ character and then BTFO Kylo YET again.

Except that would be entirely antithetical to how they've characterized him in TLJ and TFA

But no one cares about his force ghost accused of mansplaining because he tries to teach Rey a jedi trick or two.

Am I the only one who's been thinking about the technology behind a milking puppet? Like, think about it, inside that giant manatee there's a guy, possibly with a bag of milk dyed green with food colorant and a mic waiting for someone in his ear to tell him when to start pouring out the milk out of the giant rubber tits. Can you imagine what went through these guys minds as they were filming this scene? Mark probably didn't even have to act the disgusted face, shit must've tasted like latex n shit.

Not only that, he/she must have fuckedKathleen Kennedy to get that role. Imagine that.

>MOM! I got the role in star wars!
>Oh sweet son, are you gonna be a jedi?
>NO! Even better than that, watch this!

It's all about context and presentation.
When you put it like that it does indeed sound GOOD, but what's presented on screen, is anything but good.

this would be a much more normie friendly video if it included scenes from RotS and some AotC

>see around kid.

Nice try, no cigar.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

so? They probably said him that it was used for something else, and shot more scenes with him going to planet but then not included them in the final cut

>no confirmation that he's dead, relax guys...

You know, this is part of the problem

Everything is ambiguous so we can't even deal with what we just watched because we don't know what we watched. We leave the theater with the end results being described with "maybe". Is luke dead? Or did he just learn to dematerialize? How can you be emotionally impacted if you don't know? You have to wait 2 years and by then the moment of him fading away for the last time is 2 years behind you. And you weren't allowed to care.

And there was a lot of shit that was concrete in TFA but was just ignored for TLJ because rian johnson admitting to writing most of the movie before even seeing TFA.

Consequence and continuity are dead apparently. We should call this what it is. Post modern film making where zero fucks are given.

It also makes both sides of the coin really really shitty.

If he didn't die, that scene was pointless and nothing more than a cop-out just to create some false drama. If he did die, then everything being shitposted now is correct and they decided to fuck over Luke for no real good reason.

This is how I felt. I'm surprised how many people really wanted Luke to be like Superman or some shit. Zipping by in his X-Wing, crushing AT-AT's with the force, getting into sword fights with a dude 40 years younger than him. It just doesn't fit the character. We all agree the Force Unleashed sucked? So why do we want Luke to do all this Force Unleashed fanfic bullshit?

So then why kill him off? No way in shit he'd die of exhaustion by simply making a force image.

They could have done SOMETHING with his character, instead of pretending he was there, and then killing him off because ??????

Carrie and Daisy didnt even tell him they recorded the LUKE IS GONE lines

POST MILKIES

>It's revealed in IX that Luke was such a Jedi Master, that actually from the moment he see him in Revenge of the Sith, it actually was never him. It was all an astral projection
>He stayed inside Padme until she was buried, then crawled out, building a secret Gungan taskforce to take down Darth Jar Jar

He very clearly dies.
The same way Obi and Yoda did, becoming one with the force. No ambiguity there.

rey and leia even explicitly have a scene to tell the audience clearly

Honestly getting transported somewhere else is probably a similar spectrum of retardation to projection.

I have seen literally 0 people say they wanted anything similar to that straw man you're presenting. There's a lot of room between Luke force projecting, dying, and having next to zero influence on the characters or plot, to him crushing the first order with his mind/saber looking like he's straight out of DBZ.

Someone give him a milk moustache

Anyone have that one of the user saying "luke, time for milkies"? I forget if it's a webm or a video.

Luke getting beaten by kylo or an obi wan rehash would have been way fucking worse

You think they killed him off with editing in post? Or shot some scenes with him, and then shot more without him?

Why wouldn't Luke kill kylo in that scenario

This is a totally reasonable thing to say

But what does it matter. Ghost yoda can fry kylo with a bolt of lightning and end this right now. Jedi aren't even dead in a narrative sense anymore.

post editing, I think it was supposed to end with him just being very weak but alive. You can see the look on Mark's face, we all know that look, it's a look that says ''you played me you god damn weasel'' He's holding his breath trying not to swear at him.

>Ghost yoda can fry kylo with a bolt of lightning and end this right now
I think he did it with the help of the planet.

except rey says he's gone

I guess he never saw the final cut until that moment.
And only then realized how far they went to butcher his Lukes character.

I bet you liked that Matrix dodge too fagboi

Would love to get some leaks on that shit.

He went just like Yoda, rest, he needed.

youtu.be/Mdm8rpv045U

>Trick Kylo to travelling to a Jedi world because he doesn't know ghosts can shoot lightning
>Shoot him with a lightning bolt.

>Poe kicking ass in Luke's X-Wing

Jeez he is really butthurt about not being the center of the fucking trilogy.
Luke had his own trilogy, this one is for Rey and Kylo.
His constant whining is also pretty unprofessional.

Stay mad Mouse.

If I was the Mouse I would have no reason to be unhappy right now, that's for sure.

Lukes the last Jedi master.
The virtually only person in the whole galaxy that has been properly trained as Jedi, except maybe Snoke but they botched him anyway by giving him no story at all.
And all he does is hide away and use a force projection to play around with the little kid?
Seriously?
He should've showed up and yes, singlehandedly stoped the nuEmpires assault, pushing himself to the brink and then in a weakened state get killed by Ren, repeating Obi-Wans words to Vader.
That would've been a proper ending for the last Jedi.

He said from the begining he wanted to hand off the trilogy to someone else. He got denied many things. He didn't get to work with Harrison, very limited work with Carrie. He doesn't hand the trilogy off to the new generation. He didn't want it about him, he just wanted it done well.