Mother of fucking god

$450 million

What the fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4354&p=.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
reuters.com/article/us-film-starwars-boxoffice/star-wars-the-last-jedi-opens-with-galactic-450-million-box-office-idUSKBN1EB0O3
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that only domestic?

I wonder how much of that comes from overseas.

Is Star Wars as much of a hit in China as the MCU or is there too much talking in it for them to enjoy it?

people would watch my now dead grandmother taking a shit for 3 hours if it was labelled star wars

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4354&p=.htm

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi delivered on expectations, debuting with the second largest opening weekend of all-time and propelling the box office to the third largest weekend ever based on estimates.

Sup Forums blown utterly the fuck out

B-but Sup Forums told me there is no hype and normies don't care?????!?!?!?!?

It's Star Wars, there could be literal dogshit steaming on-screen for 2 hours and a single lightsaber lighting up and that would still make a billion box office.

Its the first week, of course its going to rake in huge bucks.

Its next week you really need to keep an eye out for.

>he thinks profits=quality of the film

by that definition the Paranormal Activity movies are the greatest movies ever made

Hasn't even opened in China yet.

As has been said before, lots of shit movies do well, but the cost of this fuck up is disappointing ticket sales for future movies. I think we'll need to wait for the next episode to suck for the mouse to really start sweating.

literally nobody said that, all we said is that it's weird and shit which is true

China hates star wars, TFA bombed over there

"Remember kids, it's not important if it's of high quality, only if it makes money"

Hostage #2

Star Wars is not massive in China, it will make less than Thor3 there

It didn't bomb. It made like $53 million in 2 days

Solo will be the first test since this isn't like Rogue One that used nothing but OCs as main characters and Han is very popular

I still want to know what exactly are the problems with the movie.

>Is that only domestic?
no, that's global. domestic take was 200m

fucking manbabbies have destroyed movies

$220m domestic
$230m Overseas

>i-its going to flop anyy second now

It bombed compared to other blockbusters that made like 200 million on opening over there

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $220,047,000 48.9%
+ Foreign: $230,000,000 51.1%

>hundreds of thread spammed over the last day or two.
>i still want to know.
please fucking die you either retard or shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
I saw Force Awakens twice with friends and then with family, I won't do that with this one

>plot holes galore
>dropped significant plot threads
>dropped minor plot threads
>useless side plots that contribute nothing to the overall plot, pacing, or theme of the film
>total character assassination of one of the most famous Western sci-fi characters ever created
>unsatisfying conclusions given to major characters
>bullshit moments
and if Sup Forums are to be believed blatant propoganda aplenty

Shilling for Liberal entertainment is terrible bait. Nobody here believes someone on this board would buy into that shit. The best you can hope for in a reply is being called a retarded shill.

>I still want to know what exactly are the problems with the movie

EA got greedy of battlefront 2 loot crates and the internet army created by reddit and famous youtubers has now turned on the star wars brand itself.

Thats where 99% of the hostility and 0/10 user review flood came from. They were downboating it before the film even opened.

as much as I HATE the new Star Wars I saw it on opening night and plan to see it a few more times. I hate what they're doing to Star Wars but I still have to see it. I mean... it's fricking STAR WARS so ..

>Sup Forums is wrong again
>P-people like watching shitty movies, what's new
Everytime

Essentially, this.
I know people saying that TFA sucked and yet they bought tickets for 3 times.
It maddens me to no end.

source? I read it was about half that

OT fans:
>sperging out that Luke was about to kill Han and Leia's son
>b-but Luke can never die, he's immortal
>REEEE Rey isn't Luke's daughter

SJW nu fans:
>MaRey Sue didn't have a special heritage waah tumblr lied
>not enough screentime for random new non-white characters
>how dare they make Kylo a WHITE MAN sympathetic

etc.

nah. you can hate a movie and still love watching it. I mean it's a bad movie but you have to kinda support it and enjoy it anyway. what better do you have to do.. lol.

reuters.com/article/us-film-starwars-boxoffice/star-wars-the-last-jedi-opens-with-galactic-450-million-box-office-idUSKBN1EB0O3

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars8.htm

Yesterday, a day ago. Enough to double.

>you have to kinda support it and enjoy it anyway. what better do you have to do.. lol.
Nice to see you've already arrived at the acceptance phase.

Yeah, sure
>but you have to kinda support it and enjoy it anyway. what better do you have to do.. lol.
What the fuck

What is hype?

People are only seeing it because of the name "Star Wars".

Blade Runner 2049 was the most kino movie of 2017 but they made squat because most people never even heard of Blade Runner before.

>but you have to kinda support it and enjoy it anyway.
s..sorry?

I had tickets for the thursday opening night in avx and want to see it again on imax. Imax is sold out for all showtimes until after Christmas so i wont be able to see it again for a while.

Literally nobody said it's going to flop retard.

it's just for fune dude. it's just a movie. get some popcorn and enjoy it. we can all goof around about how silly it is but i think most of us can agree the lightsabres, LUKE fricking skywalker, and Chebacca is all it takes to watch it again.

most people honestly love these movies and just love complaining anyway. it's part of the fun

I'm going to see it again today

rookie numbers, gotta bump up those stats

it kills me inside read shit like this.

I don't think it's Sup Forums bullshit. There are a lot of really blatant sjw themes and characters thrown in there that honest were distracting

That’s global. Domestic is $69 million less than TFA.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

first day on Sup Forums, bro?

maybe thats cause you need to get a girlfriend? i plan on taking mine sometime Christmas weekend. it's whatever to me, a few hours just to do something. might get her a Star Wars shirt for Christmas too

It's not Sup Forums reaching when they have a purple haired lesbo pushing men around. Or the asian bitch pusing Finn's shit around. It's very YAS SLAY QUEEN oriented

$79. TFA was $529m.

people were mad because canon Luke isnt like eu Luke

they thought a 66 year old man was gonna have badass anime fight scenes

BvS opened at 422 million.

Look how good that went for DC.

So all those countless new reviewers woth names like 'naruto457' and 'fuklootkrates' who created their accounts 5 days ago are totally legit? TFA was so bad it forced them to do their first and only film review?

I was just looking for the stats on that, I remember it broke records at the time.

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm

Almost 100 million less than TFA. Just few million more than BvS.

And second week is what really matters.

Why in the ever loving fuck would you be obligated to support it? You shills should be throttled, and if you're just a normalfag, even worse.

NO LEGS
O

L
E
G
S

I read many things here, not all so awful. I rediscovered my love for many things here.
I have a girfriend that is less critical than me, I wanted to avoid the movie but she could invite me. I don't want to sperg out but I wish we, as consumer, could give a signal to the Mouse. And is not going to happen because is the fucking movie to watch, like a religious rite or something.

You type like a retard and make zero sense, please stop posting.

It's going to have a massive drop off by next weekend

Next weekend is already half sold out here and fully sold out on imax and dbox.

>not going to happen because is the fucking movie to watch, like a religious rite or something.

Yup. Literally nobody skips going to watch the new Star Wars movie. Try to enjoy it dude, these movies only come along once in a while. desu you should see it a few times you only live once

I-it will might break 2 billion, but people will hate it so much nobody will see Episode 9!

where are you?

>BvS opens to $450 million weekend
>Sup Forums spergs out and says the film is a flop
kys faggot fucks

>there could be literal dogshit steaming on-screen for 2 hours

For few movies? Sure. But if they keep making trash people stop caring. Look at DC.

how about I bash your fucking head in, I mean I only live once

keep raging nerd. My girlfriend and I plan to spend at least 500 dollars on Disney/Star Wars merch for our families. not much you can do. and I think this movie sucks.

It's fricking STAR WARS

kek, it's already down 20 percent from TFA, with bad word of mouth it makes 1.5 billion at most. cap this post to BTFO of me later if you want

>yeah dude you should do heroin. desu you should do it a few times you only live once

nobody said the BvS opening was weak
By the way, Star Wars didn't open in China yet

>ruining Hannukah for your family

Sad!

everyone on this board said it was week newfag
>expecting BLACKED chinese to actually open in china
lol

Based Disney will make So much money we did it bros, we won

Less than TFA, Jurassic World and F&F.

Yes it did. It was #2.

It opened to $424 million, and that was EVERYWHERE at once. TLJ hasn't opened in China. If it pulled the same numbers that TFA did in its first weekend it would pass $500m. Not to mention it opened to almost $60 million more domestic than BvS

Is this true? JW and FF made more? Good lord

Why are you angry about fantasy space movies

China doesn't give a shit about Star Wars and the movie definitely has no legs there.

/pol crying it got women and black people in it

Why is anyone surprised? Even if the movie sucks complete ass, it's a beloved franchise with a massive following that can literally do no wrong. People will line up to see it because a vast majority of people grew up with it.

They are charging you more for that theater seat for a reason, user.

Let's see how week 2 looks.

this. it's fricking STAR WARS. I mean, come on

damn why did TFA get high audience score? oh right you're a lying shill

And then you need to consider all those nerds that grew up with it, had families, and then forced their kids to grow up with it.

Hype defines week 1. After that quality matters more with each increasing week.

One of my coworkers saw it twice on opening night, and 3 more times this weekend. Star Wars fans are rabid. That's why Disney bought the franchise and keeps churning out movies: easiest cash cow in the film industry.

Does your girlfriend come in a crate?

Is this supposed to be a good thing? It's a consumerist product, nothing more, with "Star Wars" slapped on top. Which is why they kill off old characters so they can milk the new faces of the label and franchise.

>everyone on this board said it was week newfag

No, nobody said it. It broke records even.
Then everyone stopped seeing it.

this cow's tits produce soy milk

Revenge of the Jedi earned 150 million on the first 4 days
Attack of the clones earned the least at a mere 70 million

Franchise got nothing to do with it

Why is everyone sayin it's the 2nd largest opening of all time? I just checked and 450 makes it 5th, still impressive but why are people lying?

TFA isn't even the largest opening ever anymore, the Fate and the Furious is

Are SW fans REALLY going to play the "only domestic gross counts" game

Coincidentally, those are the movies that got this generation in to Star Wars.