[Lucasfilm President Kathleen] Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the...

>[Lucasfilm President Kathleen] Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie. “She’s an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word.”

That was said before the release of Force Awakens. It's a pretty silly quote to read now.

i bet 100$ shes not dead yet

She ain't dead. But they still talk this character up like she's the shit and she still doesn't contribute much in the plot or threat department. How many lines does she have between the two movies so far, 10, 12?

While I admit falling to your death is usually a cheap way of just cheating the audience of a proper death, this time she did fall into a burning inferno on board a ship that was about to explode.

I dont see how she could have survived.

Can I have "What is marketing and PR speak?" for 100 please.

How many lines did Darth Maul have?

She's a cyborg now

it is revealed in episode 9 that Phasma discovered her force powers as she was burning to death and a major force blast made her travel back in time, from there she manipulated her surroundings with her knowledge of past events and took on the moniker of "Snoke"

the Snoke that gets chopped in half in 8 is a force body double and she'll be the major villain for the next 15 movies

>Kathleen Kennedy is a feminist in the worst way possible
>Nu-trilogy only has one woman doing something, the rest fuck it up for everyone else
What did they mean by this?

How many dollars do you have from Disney to defend this garbage?

>She’s an important character
she is not even a character

>You were always scum

Didn't Phasma have strong praise for Finn when he was a stormtrooper?

Hard not to laugh at the actress during interviews talking about how iconic and important phasma is and how she's a role model to women blah blah blah.

>Didn't Phasma have strong praise for Finn when he was a stormtrooper?
i thought he was a janitor for the Empire?

2 dubbed lines but he was a lot more menacing than phasma. I don't know what it is that makes the likes of Boba Fett and Maul more memorable in their performance while Phasma just falls flat. I don't think its Christie's fault. I think the production has just been doing the character wrong in the films.

How many Jedi that were training Anakin did Phasma kill?

If they're going to make Phasma a stand alone movie then I don't think it's going to do as well as they think it would.

Boba and Darth Maul had character design. Phasma is just a shiny Stormtrooper.

She also claimed that Star Wars would have a POC director.

She's a lying bitch, an absolute villain; so mendacious she makes J.J. Abrams look like a Patron Saint of cinema. She's literally the character Ellsworth Toohey from The Fountainhead.

Fett and Maul either did cool things on-screen, or didn't do stupid things and were implied to do cool things off-screen. Phasma just does stupid things on-screen.

Captain Phasma was almost as obviously only present to sell toys as the porgs. Even comes with exclusive weapons and limited edition black+white stormtroopers

this character is one of the best pieces of evidence that Rian and JJ are at odds, and Rian actively sabotaged JJs (also shit) plot and characters from 7

>not realizing Phasma is her own self insert for the sake of ego

The original stormtroopers were clones. The tech is already set up. I'm calling it now that they keep cloning a new Phasma every time she dies. Why the hell the first order would do that is beyond me unless they just get a kick out of watching her die of ineptitude each time.

>on board a ship that was about to explode
it wasn't, it just lost a wing.

the rest of the fleet was killed by the anime lightspeed ram, so the forces that kylo and hux brought down to salt hoth must have come from the supremacy, and they didnt seem to be in any huge hurry to get back and get to safety before it explodes

>waste extraction
worse, he worked at the sewage treatment plant

for some reason he got drafted into Kylos detail at the start of 7

she betrayed the first order, how does she still has a job, she's the only responsible of the destruction of the starkiller

Women soldiers have literally joined ISIS and got their jobs back.

In TFA she was thrown into the trash compactor or starkiller base right before it explodes. Disney will bring her back for another pointless scene so they can sell toys and talk about girl power.

Boba Fett told Darth 'choke a bitch' Vader to fuck off and got away with it. Darth Maul killed a powerful Jedi Knight and both are shown to be highly competent and professional in all their appearances.

I think they made up something about her managing to transfer responsibility/login codes to some nearby redshirt scapegoat.

And that's is precisely one of the main criticisms of TPM, you big fucking retard.

Darth Maul sucked dick too character wise but at least he had a cool fight scene, he was also relegated to just one movie, Boba Fett is her direct comparison and he wasn't conceived to be some awesome guy initially like how Phasma is.

>Not reading her novel

Remember when Andy Serkis said Snoke is more powerful than Sheev and Vader?

It's been analyzed before and I don't actually think it was intentional but there were a couple of things that made Boba Fett interesting. For example when Darth Vader is giving the specifications of the job to the bounty hunters, he specifically tells Boba "no disintegrations this time" implying that he has not only already done work for Vader but also has done it in his own terms and gotten away with it, which also implies that he is probably a really fucking good bounty hunter. Also, he actually accomplished something, taking Han Solo back to Jabba in an epic cliffhanger, Phasma was really the butt of a joke in a one movie and a jobber in the other.

All I wanted was her to do some John Wick stuff.

I think the big thing that removes any interest for me is that throughout all the interviews they (producers, Kennedy, Gwen herself) jerk themselves off about how great, complex and amazing this character is and yet how has she been used? 10 lines(?) across 2 films totaling almost 6 hours? 2 (two) now confirmed fakeout "death" scenes? Oh, she hates traitors though. She's a totally fleshed out character and feminist icon that little girls should look up to. Damn shame, as Christie has enough of a physical presence to actually do something with a competent writer

He still might be if he comes back in the next one, which I think he probably will along with a few other retcons. All in all, the worst thing about TLJ is that it's ultimately pointless.

how did a fucking no talent cunt like kathleen kennedy become president of lucasfilm?

what fucking world am i living in where some Ariana Huffington-lite is in a high position at a movie company

It amazes me too how they could have split failure and success between Rey and her, to make both more human.
Now Rey is a Sue and Phasma a failure.

And yet porgs literally get more screen time in one movie than Phasma did in two. let that sink in, bro

You're right, I will not be reading this.

her armor deflected a lazer bolt

Agreed m80. They throw out any semblance of balance by making almost every character's sole motivation/purpose in life revolving around Rey. Unrelated, but how great was that Dreadnought commander who was killed immediately? He could've easily pulled off a better Hux.

>deflecting isolated laser bolts = surviving an accelerant-fueled inferno
You heard it here, folks! But seriously, that little reflection aspect was a nice little touch.

It's that you don't like women. All three were memes.

It's truly amazing what strong independent women can accomplish when they swallow Spielberg's load

Yeah, they're more unique toy designs, Phasma's too similar to a Stormtrooper. The porgs are an investment that will pay off, I think. Groot-tier.

>how did a fucking no talent cunt like kathleen kennedy become president of lucasfilm?

She produced every Spielberg and Lucas project since Raiders successfully. You only just found out who she is because you're dense.

she is a clone, every time is a different one

Not him but they may be the case for some.
Personally I actually wanted them to develop her, as she has a strong physical presence and the character is visually grabbing. As for Maul and Fett I agree. Fett was always a glorified jobber but he is/was/always will be more memorable than Phasma. Maul accomplished more, but had roughly the same amount of lines (basically none) and character development (also none) and yet is again more memorable than Phasma. They put all this time into hyping up a character who gets less screen time in 2 full films than a fucking fuzzy puffin does in 1.

Wait, CEO of Disney is a woman? That explains a lot.

Oh, it'll sell like crazy. Just like Groot and the fucking Minions, people latch onto these commercially manufactured "cutesy" characters every. fucking. time.

>When a literally nameless grunt achieves memetic status over your miserable attempt at recapturing the lightning in a bottle that was Boba Fett.

How embarrassing.

Captain Plasma is my favorite character!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Phasma is the Boba Fett of the new trilogy. Supposed to be a badass but only a few lines and minutes of screen time each movie while easily defeated.

Holy shit that’s hilarious
>rank and renown given for no apparent reason
>fuck up royally
>pin the blame on someone else
>still allowed to keep your job
She really is KK’s stand-in.

True
Hux overacts, moving his mouth all the time, its comedic

You know what else she said?
She said SW would have female directors and guess what? She's still sucking that cock because there is no good female directors that don't have an obvious agenda

>CEO of Disney
>Lucasfilm President

do those look the same to you?

I mean, it works on that level. The sniveling, snake in the grass opportunist-type officers were around to play foil to vader in the OT as well. He works well as that, but it's funny that the Dreadnought's commander who has mayber 3 lines and 2 minutes of screen time left enough of an impression for me to remember him speaks volumes.

Definitely.
She will come back for another 3 min screentime were she end up killed again.
Enjoy your Soy Wars.

Gleeson is a shit actor that gets roles due to his father.

I can't read apparently. But Disney made her president after George sold it?

does she even take her helmet off in this movie?

No, but before she falls into an inferno it shows her eye through her battle damaged helmet.

No, the helmet becomes damaged and you can see a bit of her eye. It's an embarrassing underutilization of the actor, she has spent like 99% of her time in this film wearing a tin can that ruins any chance of her scenes possessing any emotion.

so how much are we betting that she was never on set for either of these movies?
I say $5000

I'm on the other side of this. Not having a "Look normies! It's that chick from HBO's Game of Thrones!" moment shows some degree of restraint. It would have to be an earned moment; but given how criminally underutilized/underdeveloped this character is it couldn't be a genuine 'earned' moment unless she somehow (likely) survives and has some moment of hubris in Ep IX. Then again, I'm likely putting more thought into this than the directors did and giving them credit for an oversight is not needed.

have you heard the rumors about disneycorp blackmailing lucas into selling star wars? who do you think gave disney the blackmail info?

If they cyborg phasma and clone Snoke in EP 9 it will he funny.

this

It would be retarded if she was

It is possible but I'd lean more towards there being more/longer scenes with her that got cut in the editing room. Can't keep an audience engaged unless Rey has a scene every 2 minutes m8

SHE IS THE NEW BOBA FETT YOU MORONS

im not sure.

this is what i don't get about the defense people have that its only fans who speculated too much that got disappointed, and they hyped themselves up for two years, and its only their fault.

regardless of fans overspeculating, the marketing and pr clearly played up this stuff. Hyping people up for Phasma and not following through is their fault, not just the fans.

>have you heard the rumors that I read on the same site I'm posting this comment
Literal equivalent of asking the guy who just told you a joke the same joke

>Can't keep an audience engaged unless Rose has a scene every 2 minutes m8

fixed your post, since Rey was barely in TLJ. They literally did what people thought they did to Michael Keaton's Batman in the Tim Burton Batman movies (Returns in particular).

Even if this was true why would Lucas give a shit? He's a billionaire either way, if some nasty rumors got out he'd go live in a mansion on a secluded beach for the rest of his life.

I was referring more to TFA (since we were talking Phasma's role in the ST) but you're right on the money. It's a blatant example of forcing a character onto an audience rather than cultivating interest using actual character development.

You shouldn't have to read a novel in order to compensate for the character's poor development and uselessness in the movie.

>le two wrong make a right!

The eternal shill.

Darth Maul has a very cool, very memorable visual design. Just look at this guy. You don't need to know a single thing about him to know that he's a badass. Now let's talk about Phasma's design, or lack thereof. She's literally just a standard stormtrooper with shiny armor. That's it. Honestly, why would anybody remember her? She's literally nobody.

I would consider actually seeing these movies if they wrote with that level of forethought.

This
If I have to dump 40 hours into a video game, read 300 pages of derivative fanfiction and keep up on a 10 volume comic book just to have an "educated" opinion on a character you've failed to develop/convey through 2 feature length films then you've failed as a storyteller

Yeah, TLJ should've been Rey's time to shine as a fully fleshed out character and properly become a fan favorite, silencing her critics.

Instead, any potential development got shafted for that godawful Rose subplot that poor Finn was forced into.

..but putting the rock lifting aside, Rey's power levels got nerf'd considerably between TFA and TLJ.

CRIMSOM DOMBE!

What’s hilarious is that this was the EXACT same shit people used to defend the prequels with back in the day, and some people still do.
That and the “new/bold/dark” bullshit, which fanboys are also leaping over themselves to defend Disney with.

>Lucas SW
"All these books and whatnot are nice but you don't have to read any of them to enjoy our movies, George himself doesn't really care about anything except his own work".
>nu-SW
"OY VEY JUST READ THE BOOK GOY IT'S ONLY $19.99 ON AMAZON IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING WE FORGOT AB~ I MEAN, DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN AND DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE COMICS TOO THEY'RE ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL IF YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING"

Why even put a scene in there if you're going to say the same fucking week the film comes out that it basically didn't happen the way it seemed. Jesus Christ they're already on damage control. Confirm Snoke already.

>She probably survived the fire guys
>We promise Phasma will have a big role in the next installments after completely bullshitting the last two times

Would be fine with me honestly

Here’s what you can tell about Maul in one glance
>spiked head - implies danger
>dark clothes - implies dark side
>loose robes - implies a mirror to the Jedi
>tribal tattoos - implies savagery
>Yellow eyes - implies an unnatural being
This may seem obvious, but it’s important because it helps so much with character establishment. And it clearly worked, since Maul barely had a character, yet his visual design carried him significantly.

Now contrast with Phasma
>Shiny armour - implies a special nature
That’s it. We know next to nothing about the character from the visual we get.
Snoke is pretty much the only ST character who is well designed in this front, since his appearance and character are quite well linked.

Agreed. It's as bad as them actually giving Poe some room to develop and immediately downplaying/invalidating it by foiling him with Holdo, a literal who that just shows up. One could say these were sidelined so the could finish Luke's "arc," but if they were interested in actually doing that they wouldn't have used the character to draw in the oldfags only to place him in the final scene of TFA and spend almost the entirety of TLJ shitting on him.
Very true. I'm not gonna sit here and defend the prequels as some infallible, misunderstood masterpiece but when viewed without supplementary material they stand on their own. Again, not saying these films are great, but they're entertaining on some level. Wookiepedia was a mistake

And yet she gets thrown down a garbage chute in her first movie and gets only one scene in the next movie where she dies.

>we want our own Boba Fett

to be fair, the prequels only make sense when you read the old books anyway. disney being shit is no reason to advocate for George.

You know in regards to Phasma, in TLJ, they show her armor being able to deflect blaster fire. Why didn't the First Order create more of these suits for their soldiers or at the very least their captains and commanders if they wanna explain it away with an excuse saying that it's "expensive technology" or something.