I find every michael bay movie i ever seen to be explicitly sub-par...

I find every michael bay movie i ever seen to be explicitly sub-par. Except for Transformers 1 which is honestly one if my favorite movies to watch. Wtf, how is this possible?
How can he make 11 abject failures with right in the middle suddenly a really good piece if entertainment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDsTMeYF73g
youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0
youtube.com/watch?v=aJl5piv1FrY&t
youtube.com/watch?v=IlmLCWD0ucA
youtube.com/watch?v=tjLMN6FNG8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>good tight tentpole script by orci and kurtzman
>spielberg was hands on producer

Transformers 1 is a legitimately fun movie with amazing music. The humor is great too.

All the rest are crap though which is a shame.

Spielberg's influence.

Yeah, though why did spielberg think he was the right choice to direct, and how was he correct and then from tf 2 on it's all 100% michael bay again, clearly. Like spielberg didn't give a fuck anymore.

>The Rock
>13 hours
>bad boys
>pain and gain

>abject failures

His only horrific failures are the transformers sequels and Pearl Harbor

Transformers 1 was actually a good movie even if not many people would like to admit it nowadays.

She looks so much better in 1 than in any sequel

I was only 10 when it came out, it's actually kind of nostalgic for me

Transformers 1 worked because seeing transformers in live action was something special. That and the amount of detail they went through with each transformation. Every part had to go somewhere, it can't morph.
youtube.com/watch?v=yDsTMeYF73g
The most kino scene in the movie.

Ooops, better version with better audio sync
youtube.com/watch?v=pQFIR9Crtk0

>tfw Transformers 2 is my favourite of the franchise

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen is more proof he has a great eye for scale and a gift for visceral amazement. Bay’s ability to shoot spectacle makes the Ridley-Tony-Jake Scott family look like cavemen. Who else could compose a sequence where characters (albeit robots) go from the bottom of the sea to another planet in one seamless, 30-second, dreamlike flow?

You don't like pain and gain bro?

>I find every michael bay movie i ever seen to be explicitly sub-par
You have to go back

The Island was the last good Bay movie.

ONE MAN, ALONE, BETRAYED BY THE COUNTRY HE LOVES!

Pain & Gain is unironically the best comedy of the last decade

It's not in the same league as tf1

Megan fox is this popular, or was that popular back then bc that movie was so damn good. Had she started in tf 2 nobody had given a fuck abt her.

>funneh robutt pee pee on bad man

Big fan of the franchise. The first one is definitely the best. While the last one is atrocious.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJl5piv1FrY&t

20 replies not one goddamned WEBM of Megan Fox Transformers?

youtube.com/watch?v=IlmLCWD0ucA

Is this rhetoric accepted simply because it's accepted to shit on Michael Bay? Jesus, you faggots are insufferable. Transformers has paper thin cut out characters with disgusting unlikable personalities, awful toilet humor, saturation that makes skin look orange, a dogshit plot, action with no tension or emotional investment, and no character development for the protagonist or the fucking title characters, the Transformers themselves. Not to mention the abysmal performance from Megan Fox, who is also orange like an Umpa Lumpa.
I cringe when I think how difficult it is to painstakingly detail and animate a

Transformer, months of hard work. All of that for a just hilarious scene where the comically large Transformers have to not get caught by Sam's parents. Simply genius, money well spent. Thats what I think when I think "Transformers", slapstick and toilet humor. When I think giant robot battles I think about whether or not Sam will get the girl, or if his funny dog mojo is still hooked on pain pills. Who the fuck defends this garbage?

>t-the first one was actually good guys!
youtube.com/watch?v=tjLMN6FNG8M
Glad Spielberg was there to lend his genius. There's writing here you just dont get in later Transformers films.

I like transformers 1 too.

2nd one is better than the 3rd

The first film started very well but then dove into the shit that was the rest of them.

The scenes with Blackout and Scorponoks was great. Same when the Autobots first came to Earth and the final chase/battle. But really, who watched Transformers for the human characters? My biggest problem with Bay's schlock.

the rock was unironically kino

1st transformers is one of the best ever movies ito action/emotion and humor dynamics. All three hit generally high. Exceptional ve and music. Decent enough plot and characters.
Megan Fox was not bad in the 1st movie, get off the bandwagon. I judge it unbiased, in fact i expected to hate it before i watched it the 1st time.
Ironically because of this i expected to love the 2nd one and was given the finger by bay and his incompetence to carry a movie alone, apparently.