Are there any comics or cartoons where Hades/Pluto is not evil?

Are there any comics or cartoons where Hades/Pluto is not evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ije2WDJttrc
tapas.io/series/Hades-Holiday
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Azzarello's Wonder Woman... sort of.

Thanks, it's on the looooong likes of comics I want t read when I'll have time.
(I was afraid first reply would be Mickey's Dog)

Its weird that for all the nice guy death gods/pshycopomps in modern works (Prattchett and Gaiman's Deaths for example) Hades doesn't get any love. You'd think the people on Tumblr who can get off on anything would be all over how 'misunderstood' he is.

>Azzarello Hades
>not evil
An Azz-fag being retarded. What a surprise.

Well there is a shitload of recent works that portray almost all of the Greek gods, especially Zeus, as tyrannical assholes.

So it's accurate?

Class of the Titans

The Percy Jackson cartoon that exists in my mind.

Not that I can think of. Which is a shame really. Persephone aside, Hades was actually one of the nicest greek dieties, and even then he treated her better than most of the other gods treated their conquests.

He's the sperg brother who was given the shittiest cut of the conquest of titans. Isn't he also the most faithful of the main gods?

Not animated, but I remember him being a chill dude in Xena and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys back in the day.

>Nicest
It's more a tallest midget kind of deal
He's pretty much the cold businessman cliche. He was the most honorable of the Gods though. He was interested in doing his job and wouldn't just dick you over for a petty slight thanks to his lack of emotion.

he got the largest cut, it honestly looks like Zeus wound up screwed over compared to the other two

All realms had their perks. Being Skyfather makes you god of gods and gives you the ultimate high ground. God of the Sea is the limitless bounty of the sea. God of the Underworld is all the riches of the Earth.
The guy with the biggest beef seemed to be Poseidon though. Zeus had the capability to be cool, Poseidon was Dick of the Sea all the time.

When Meggan of Excalibur was trapped in Hell, Pluto helped her stage her revolt against Blackheart and the other Hell Lords

She carved her own little piece of paradise in Hell and when she left she gave it Pluto to become Elysium

Got the shit job, he just made the most of it, as compared to his brothers who got better jobs, but just fucked around all the time.

Nice is relative. He didn't just go around fucking people over like most of the others did. As far as polytheistic dieties fo he was pretty damn good.

If by faithful you mean he didn't cheat on his wife as much and pop out demigods? Yes. If by faithful you mean faithfull in his dealings and possessed of integrity ? Yes.

does this count?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ije2WDJttrc

So, who was the biggest asshole?

>but just fucked around all the time.
Icy what you did there.

Hera.

Zues. Is this even a question? What's next , you'll tell me how Odin was a nice guy?

There was still Poseidon and Ares

Alright you have a point. Though I don't know if I think Ares could compete with Posiedon or Zues for title of biggest asshole. Those two got featured in the myths a lot more frequently, and they fucked up a lot.

She was a bitch, this is true, but at least she had her reasons and wasn't just fucking with people for no reason.

>Hefesto

Mine.

Zeus duh

Hephaestus was bro

>Beta god of Betas
Nah

Hera. Zeus was a womanizer, but she was a bitch that blamed it on the women and children.

I don't recall Hephaestus being a dick and fucking with people for no reason all the time

All he wanted to do was make neat stuff all day

>Hades was actually one of the nicest greek dieties

Actually, most people didn't liked him or even pronounced his name.

He was seeing as a creepy killjoy.

why all the writers gotta be hatin' on hades

He wasn't a dick, he was a meekling with a limp who spent all his time making things because he wasn't allowed to leave his hole underground.

At least Poseidon was a dick to people of the surface who pranced into his oceans, acting like they belonged there rather than being a dick to his own subjects like Zeus was.

Hermes was definitely the most annoying. Smug little shit.

The way that sentenced turned bruised my soul.

I wonder why the Lord of the Underworld makes a natural villain for an audience from a Christian culture.

Who fucked a lot of bitches and was married to Aphrodite.

>But user he was a cuck because Ares

Aprhodite cheated on him with Ares and he made a net and caught them fucking and dragged them naked up to Olympus and had everyone laugh at them. Then Ares had to pay for cheating.

I want a comic about Hades life in the Underworld with his wife Persephone and their daily lives.

It's not strictly /co, but the Hades from Hercules the Legendary Journeys was by and large a fair and semi Impartial Judge of the Dead. He offered Herc boons for helping matters that affected both the mortal realms and afterlife, same with Xena, and while he DID kidnap Persephone, it was played up as a moment of passion after he'd been moderating souls alone for some and he did offer her a chance to go back...I think.

*for eons. Damn my autocorrect

If he was not so incredibly obscure, Finland's death god and his extended family are almost perfectly out of a Tim Burton claymation film.

His cut includes all the wealth within the earth, he is the richest of the gods.

Yea Poseidon was the one who was most likely to just outright kill off his own followers because bored, or sink while islands and civilizations because one person in it pissed him off.

Guys list some ancient greek Sup Forums stuff. i.. I'm just a /his/-user desperate for some relevant entertainment.

Area wasn't all bad. Was in the first trial ever, for killing one of Poseidon's son for raping or attempting to rape his daughter.

He was acquitted.

DC made a God of War comic.

And surprisingly, Hades wasn't that bad.

There's not really anything out there that's particularly accurate. I like Azz's Wonder Woman run. Recent Hercules stuff.

Athena.
>How dare you get raped! Enjoy being a snake monster, bitch!
>How dare you weave better than me?! Now you're a spider! Fuck you!

...Yeaaaaaahhh... Athena had some of her dad's dickery when it came to ruining lives, but apart from these two situations, the only thing else you can really only get her on charges for is her part is causing the Trojan war. ...Which is still a HUGE fucking responsibility to bear but compared to Zeus raping every other lady in existence and being a tyrant at times, Poseidon drowning everybody and hounding Odysseus for not paying homage to the gods for helping the Greeks win a war *they* started in the first fuck place, she only has a few moments of God-dickery.

Putting aside the Persephone situation, at worst, Hades got mad when two assholes showed up to re-kidnap his wife, came up with ironic punishments for a handful of evil men (including Sisyphus who personally screwed over and humiliated Hades himself) and didn't just give Orpheus back his bride after the dude walked into the Underworld armed with only a lyre and an epic musical number.

He's a freaking saint compared to the rest of the pantheon.

Has Pan ever fucked over mortals? I think the worst he ever did was get a bit too touchy feely while drunk with human men and woman.

>hounding Odysseus for not paying homage to the gods for helping the Greeks win a war *they* started in the first fuck place
Poseidon hounded Odysseus because Odysseus blinded Poseidon's cyclopean son and bragged abut it. Now the cyclops was going to eat him and his crew, so that was self denfense, but only after Odysseus and the crew violated the rules of hospitality which used to be a much bigger deal.

No, because muh Satan analogue.

Tumblr would hate Hades because he kidnapped a girl and forced her to marry him. Then the kidnapping victim rubbed salt in the wound by falling for him and becoming a devoted wife. He is maximum problematic

Depending on the version told Persephone is really glad to get away from her overbearing/overprotective mother.

T be fair he gave Orpheus a chance. It's Orpheus's fault for failing to uphold his end of the deal and distrusting Hades.

Heracles has something to tell you.

Hefestus is R9K

He ended up with Stacy/Aphrodite right? Although he still gets cucked almost as much as Hera.

To be totally accurate, Satan isn't even the Lord of Hell, Earth is his domain for the time being.

Only if having a 12 inch dick is a crime.

she red pilled me on how cunty brainy girls could be

Heracles was the bastard son of her unfaithful husband and his existence mocked her. She was still a bitch, no doubt about it, but it makes sense that she would hate the guy.

Nephthys>>>Everyogod else

>implying Medusa didn't want it

Did Hermes ever actually kill anyone?

I mean even Athena and Poseidon smote a few of the victorious Achaeans for their impiety after Troy was sacked.

>Apollo
>Apollo

He was Saturn in Roman mythos.

Azz Hades is very much not evil. More than anything he's lonely. That's his seminal character trait.

Hesita is the best goddess. She is actually the Goddess of comfy!

Bullshit, it was the Ancient Greek version of The Game or telling someone not to think of white elephants.

No. Saturn is the father of Jupiter, equivalent to Cronus. Apollo is the Latin spelling of Apollon, and we happen to use the Roman term for both.

I haven't even seen a co where Zeus is a nice guy.
He's always a fucking rapist, megalomaniac, or vain narcissistic "bro" who treats other Gods like shit.

The closest thing to that is Hades Holiday and even that doesn't really fit into the mold.

tapas.io/series/Hades-Holiday

He hooked up Hades though.

Zeus as a character was kind of screwed over by the evolution of Greek mythology. Originally, Greek life his highly local and every town, village, and polis had their own version of the myths. And since each village liked to believe they were somehow important in the eyes of some god, their version usually included one or more stories about how their founders were descended from an important god. The more widespread gods such as Zeus ended up developing an impressive rap sheet as many of these local traditions were assimilated into a more unified religious tradition.

this one

Tumblr DOES get all over how misunderstood Hades is. And also over how rape of Persephone wasn't really rape but a strong independent woman choosing her man.

Zeus was mostly screwed over by the evolution of morality from the ancient world to Christianity. The Greeks themselves didn't have a lot of problems with how he behaved and considered him an awesome and just god overall.

This picture gets thrown around a lot, and it's a funny picture, but overall Zeus dicking about solved infinitely more problems than it created, and the Greeks were very aware of that.

Hades is a reasonably cool guy in Dresden Files

All he had to do was not look back. Trust Hades to keep his word and walk out, and he got his wife back. He looked back. He doubted that Hades would keep his word. All he had to do was keep the deal and he got what he wanted, Hades gave him a chance, and he spit on it. That's on Orpheus not Hades in my opinion.

There's a novel where Hades is a hot chick and Zeus is written as the bag of dicks he was in mythology. If you like girls getting it on, it's called "The Dark Wife".

None of the gods really liked him and were constantly stealing his inventions. And then he's the only god to ever die. Poor thing.

Not a cartoon but Hades is a cool guy and pretty good friend of Hercules in Hercules The Legendary Journeys.

Athena invented monster girls which automatically makes her the best.

Friendly reminder that Ares did nothing wrong

Literally every Greek God was having bastard sons and daughters. It's nobody's fault but her own for feigning loyalty.

Some gods were even having kids literally by themselves in weird ways

Remind me how Athene was born?

just fucking jumped out of Zeus's head when it split open

I really like Hades in the Wonder Woman animated movie. He's not really evil, just a manipulative dick. He gives Aries what he wants, knowing that Aries would fuck himself over and just become one of Hades' slaves

Dionysus also died, though whether he was mortal or divine when he died depends on whether you believe the Orphics or not.

You gonna actually back it up with an argument?

Class of the Titans.

Chronus instead is the series main villain.

Hades is quiet flamboyant in the show though.

but wasn't he one of the most disliked gods because he was the God of senseless violence and bloodthirsty war.

only the Spartans considered Ares to be the best god of war.
the rest of Greece all considered athena to be the best god of war.

yeah depending on the story medusa really got fucked over by both poseidon and athena.

>be medusa, priestess of a temple of athena
>mother fucking poseidon shows up and wants your virginity
>run away to the temple of athena for safety and beg her for help and protection
>she doesn't even respond
>poseidon walks in rapes medusa and leaves
>then athena shows up "how dare you have sex in my temple! i banish you to an Island...and oh yeah you are a ugly snake monster now who's gaze will turn people to stone"
>spend years on that Island trying to survive, sometimes asshole 'heroes' show up that try and kill you.
>then one 'hero' shows up blessed by the gods and that cunt athena and he cuts your head off and uses it to beat the kraken, then tosses your head in the ocean.

Poseidon was the biggest dickhead
athena and hera are the biggest bitches

>only the Spartans considered Ares to be the best god of war.
>the rest of Greece all considered athena to be the best god of war.
And yet sparta always had the military superiority over the other shitty states in greece

Artemis was also a major bitch
turned a random hunter into a deer and had his own dogs hunt and kill the dude.
just because he accidently came near a lake where she was bathing, and the dude didn't even know she was there

Spartans didn't fuck around.

>Macedonians conquer the entire Greece, send Spartans a message, reading:
>You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.
>Spartans respond with a single word. "If."

Macedonians never conquered their place, avoided it the entire Alexander's reign.
But mostly because they'd already stopped being relevant in that age.
Sparta had an edge for some time but by the time of the Macedonian conquest, it was simply another city with some iron working tradition.

He tried bless his heart. He has some kids with Nymphs. He fucked a few goats, but overall he's actually pretty ok. He'd fuck a dude, but hates cross dressers?

Mever used in comics anyways Too much like the devil I suppose.