So will this be another "WHAT WE REALLY ARE"?

So will this be another "WHAT WE REALLY ARE"?

youtube.com/watch?v=U3rBq8JFyQ4

Will Steven Universe still be worth watching after this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=te6VBAFdXQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That trailer was more visually interesting and cut better than anything in this show for the past few seasons.

>Will Steven Universe still be worth watching

Was it ever?

Only the first season

oh hey that's a pretty cute steven in these opening frames

>"WHAT WE REALLY ARE"?
What's the basis for this meme?

shitty out of context quite layered and looped over one of their commercials for Gem Drill

>Connie's new design

This will never not make me angry

youtube.com/watch?v=te6VBAFdXQI
it's dumb

>humans go missing
finally

unfortunately you're still here

Yeah looks good enough to get me to watch some more.

or you could just stop watching and not make more threads about it?

Last two episodes could be interesting, but I'm not holding any hope that anything will last.

>there's literally crying in the promo
ayy

>loli gems

Fucking finally.

It's just going to be 90% towney filler and then have some plot crammed in to the last half of the last episode.

The bomb promos are always unwarranted hype.

>Onion gets kidnapped by Ribbon and the Time Portal Guardian

I'm not falling for this shit again.

I bet E.R's gonna have a blast.

He looks like his head is too big, it looks weird.

Of course not

You've just got to accept that the artstyle has morphed into super deformed chibi style

>secretfan

On one hand that trailer is the fucking shit and I can't wait, having gems kidnapping main characters of the show is exactly the sort of thing they should have been doing for a long time to connect townie and gem stuff.

On the other hand, its finally dawned on me that between bombs the episodes are basically worthless. Only one that did anything for me off the top of my head was storm in the room, because my mom died when I was really young and I know that feel.

>He looks like his head is too big, it looks weird.
It's like the artists desperately want Steven to be kid goku

Aquamarine and Topaz.

>Crystal Shards

Oh shit.

It looks vaguely okay. I'll watch it with my sisters like I always do, but SU has been declining for quite some time now.

Do you guys think townie episodes really have a place in SU anymore? It feels more like a cooling-off between huge events and it's killing momentum for me.

>someone at the promotions part of CN was trying to show the crew what the show could be, to inspire them to take the show to greater heights, and it went right over their heads

nah, the tie-in stuff is never anywhere near that up to date

They've basically taken all the memes and decided to base the show around them, praise Kek

Since episodes are done in bombs now, not really.

The AT style of "Fuck it we'll just do mini-series instead" would probably work for SU now that Cartoon Network give no shits.

Oh hell yeah, I'm the kind of faggot who has loved this shit from the beginning

Crying Pearl makes me feel dirty, dirty things

Seems like a pretty big coincidence that they happened to predict a couple of characters whose description matches this image so well, three weeks before this trailer comes out.

Sugar?

>Loli gems at fucking last

Is it safe to skip everything after the last bomb and just go straight to this?

Give me episode numbers/names and I'll tell you what you need to watch

The New Crystal Gems was the last one I saw.

>are you my dad?
Well this is weird. We know gems don't have parents. Who do you think said this or is being asked that question?

Room For Ruby is a plot significant episode, everything else you can ignore completely.

Storm in the Room is worth watching
I haven't even seen Rocknaldo yet due to my crippling autism flaring up due to Zuke
Lion 4 is worth watching but isn't out yet except I've already seen it somehow

Onion.

Wow that was over the top.

>I haven't even seen Rocknaldo yet due to my crippling autism flaring up due to Zuke
Don't

Trust me, no point in watching that filler

Gonna take a guess and say either that's some fucked up aspect of Pink or Steven underwent motherfuckin mitosis to make Nora.

Steven's penis

Only for the backgrounds and the occasional Rebecca drawing.

After abducting Lars, Sadie, Onion, Connie, and a mailman, "my dad" is the kidnapper's last target.

>who are Ruby and Saphire
>who is Carnelian

I mean I know those characters suck but still

The backgrounds are STILL absolutely fucking gorgeous and Rebecca STILL knows what she's doing when it comes to animating.

Onion knows who his dad is though

Oh shit

Coolio, My Birth stone is a loli.

hahahaha what the fuck, the language barrier is fucking these gems up
Goddamn, we're going back to Peridot's logs, aren't we?

When they mention all the things in the trailer, I'm surprised by how they manage to make them so boring.

So, Lars dies in one of these episodes?

It'll be one of the new Gems. They take an immediate liking to steven, act like they're going to join the team and then the other one kills them

Ruby and Sapphire are more like midgets, though admittedly I do like Sapphire's design.

Sure, pull of another Bismuth.

Isn't loli more about size than age? Like there's lolis that are thousands of years old.

If it is supposed to be based on steven's list then why the hell would want to abduct them?

>The backgrounds are STILL absolutely fucking gorgeous
No, they're not. They're gotten way lazier at background design and the color palette is garbage.

>Rebecca STILL knows what she's doing when it comes to animating.
She doesn't animate anything, that was Jeff Liu or Ian when he was still on the show.

I think a childish personality is also a big part of it.

Not quite, you can have a vampire loli that's thousands of years old or whatever, but no one is going to argue that a midget is a loli.

The key word is "child like," physically they have to resemble children.

True.

It's a list homeworld has of confirmed humans. If homeworld wants to kidnap humans, these names are the ones to start with.

Literally one close look at the planet and you'd notice that there would be humans and their architecture and influence everywhere. Are they really supposed to be that stupid?

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

They're people connected to The Steven. Homeworld is gonna go after him any way they can

How are the backgrounds any different from how they've always been?

If this is the actual case, holy shit

I am utterly blown away

>WE BERSERK NOW

Couldn't they just, you know grab him instead? Peridot did it herself easily in one episode.

Wow, they're going to make a gem even more annoying than nuPeridot.

I would pay to see Mozgus vs. the gems

Steven introduces himself and Peridot's first reaction is to ask "have stevens replaced humans, then?" If this theory is correct, then we can assume that the gems perpetrating it are on about that level.

HW gems seem to be pretty fukken stupid on the whole

I expect a lot of things don't occur to them

I was never around for it but,

What was Sup Forumss reaction when Jasper arrived on the scene way back when?

>REBECCA YOU MADMAN

>"Are you my dad?"

Jesus fuck how many gems did Greg bone?

I figured that her asking if Stevens have replaced humans was because he'd probably show up on the sensors as neither human or gem. This makes way less sense.

Member of a metallic race acting against the Diamonds shaped like Skull Knight when?

It feels so fucking weird to look back at earlier episodes and see that Connie used to have actual proportions back then.

The Jailbreak reaction thread is still around I think on Desuarchive, unless they did something retarded again. IIRC the only big gap in their SU threads is early season 2.

>Tiny imp character with silent muscle character
fucking nice, I know they sort of did this with peridot and jasper but now they're going full on with it and im pleased, its always a good set of archatypes for some villains.

Compare the barn to the temple

>The Homeworld Gems have the transcript to this interaction and it wasn't lost in the bureaucracy but instead of sending more execution squads to terminate the Crystal Gems, they go after some random organics that were mentioned.
OK, my patience is out of itself. Either have the Homeworld crush the pathetic remnants of the gem rebelion under its boot heel or abandon any semblance of plot. Because this just went from being stupid to being petty.

Wasn't the point that the cluster was really just a bunch of gem fragments who were tortured and suffering?

But yeah, I was confused where that song clip came from. It's from the extended opening theme, which I heard for the first time last month.

What about them?

I don't see why her sensors would be designed to detect humans or gems, or why she would need to detect them for that particular mission she was on at the time. I always figured that Peridot was just so unfamiliar with what a human was aside from a word in an old report that she just assumed a steven might be a different thing.

Though, I admit that the theory that the kidnappers are targeting this list does have at least one hole in it, in that they should be able to identify humans more readily without needing to track them according to name, since collecting humans seems to be what their whole mission is about and we do have confirmation that they have a zoo full of samples to study before heading into the field. Just seems kind of weird that the trailer and episode titles coincidentally seem to match up pretty well to 4/6 of the list.

They still think the cluster is about to explode any minute, killing the crystal gems and/or stranding them out in space forever.

That being said, they probably only looked through those transcripts very recently due to a) Peridot telling the diamonds to fuck off, b) the Rubies learning of Peridot's continued survival, c) Steven completely blagging the stories of the crystal gems to Ruby and d) Navy getting the ship back and getting her teammates to report everything.

Keep in mind that the average gem is baffled by the concept of a day/night cycle and rain

I like the idea that they lost Pink Diamond leading to one Diamond going into an endless grief cycle and abandoning her rule, and another having no real mention of their existence, leaving only one of them to run things, and even she is only able to HIDE her distress under a facade

Also Yellow still expects the Cluster to erupt and destroy the earth, so has no real reason to deploy a full invasion

>all of the gems are literally as dumb as rocks

>I Am My Mom
>"Steven struggles to fix his mistakes."
>Mfw he fixes Jasper just in time for her to beat up the new giant musclehead

>Rosine and her army of nude shota-demons arenĀ“t in the game
>Neither is the full plot involving the baron
Berzerk the game could have been much, much better. Miura should contact CD Project RED the next time.

Vegeta and Nappa version 2....alright.

>first samurai jack becomes Guts and Casca
>now this
is 2017 the age of BERSERK?
I'm fine with this. More than anything

Super skin skeletal-bodied pin-wheel gems when?