Picks up light saber and is immediately proficient

>picks up light saber and is immediately proficient
>Fights Luke a master Jedi once and has him pinned to the ground
>takes down elite guards after little training she did by herself with no help from Luke.
Bravo Kathleen

JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF RETARD

>Fight people with a stick for your entire life on Jakku
>Pick up glowing stick and people lose their minds.

its like you've never seen the OT at all

What are you comparing?

>a few years fighting on and off with a long wooden stick is the same as a lifetime of intensely learning how to fight with a sword

>Implying twatting people with a stick a few times is on par with training as a Jedi

It's shit, stop trying to salvage it.

It is the titty alien milk magic.

I can't tell if you guys are idiots of if you believe being proficient with a staff is the same as with a sword.

You guys sound like people who have never engaged in any physical activity or sport in your life. Bet you think being good at tennis is the same as being good at golf because in both you're swinging an object at a ball.

So how much training did Luke do in comparison?
I'm not fucking retarding and blind

At least she has a better hairstyle this time, her triple buns thing was whack yo

I liked that hair
But it was interesting how she looked like a prequel character in this movie

You surprised? She already beat up Kylo while holding a lightsaber for the first time.

>I’m not fucking retarding

You sure?

But no seriously. Luke was shown to have at least trained a few years and fought arguably one of the greatest duelist ever in Vader twice, beating him the second time.

Dude just had one side of his torso burnt to shit and was probably concussed. He got hit by Finn too.

The Luke one is kind of acceptable, since unlike Rey, Luke isn't a sociopath that draws a deadly weapon on someone because he gets his tendies in a twist.
What IS unacceptable is that Rey is clearly attacking both Luke and Snoke in anger, yet not once is there any hint that she's at risk of the dark side.
>b-b-but she went to the cave!
And? It clearly had absolutely no impact on her

I do think that was the point of the cave scene, though. She peered into the darkness and didn't feel any temptation. Not sure why she's le ebin dark side immunity grill but that's apparently the route they're taking.

I'd rather fight an untrained skinny girl than a heavyweight boxer who took an gun shot to the side.

fucking morons

she didn't beat Luke, Luke clearly beat her ass, then when his back was turned she whacked him and he fell because he's an old man

Did you even watch the movie or did you just read a plot synopsis?

>Luke isn't a sociopath that draws a deadly weapon on someone because he gets his tendies in a twist

Did you? Hitting him from behind is how the fight STARTS.

Did you?
She whacked him first, he turned round and kicked her ass, then Rey drew a Saber on him, and Luke was unwilling to escalate because he's not a psycho. Well, the movie would have us believe that, despite its own incompetence as displayed here

>Luke isn't a sociopath that draws a deadly weapon on someone because he gets his tendies in a twist.

SHE LEARNED ABOUT THE FORCE FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST WEEK

This. I don't understand why they haven't given her a double-bladed light saber yet.
Maybe they'll give her a green one in episode 9.

Okay? What was his excuse in this movie then?

>not a psycho
Which is hilarious considering they tried to portray him as a psycho murderer in the flashbacks. His entire character here is a joke.

HEY BEN WANNA SEE MY NEW LIGHTSABER

approximately two to three days prior.
Remember, as far as the cinematography indicates, that all took place in a 16 hour window

They're utterly petrified of prequel connections.
It's why they undermine their movies by refusing to delve into any politics whatsoever, despite the fact that ANH did it just fine.

I think I have it figured out.

All of the nostalgia characters are deified mary sues. Snoke is the big badass sith master, he's no Emperor but he's kind of a living concept, so has to notice the lightsaber tuning next to him. Luke cannot be tempted by the dark side. Yoda has to defend the jedi. Et cetera et cetera. arguments you hear. The new characters too, can only be great by being related to these great people. Everyone must be shit except these great people, because everyone must be shit except me. Especially the new generation. Rey's power has to be explained by means of being related to these awesome old people. Does that remind you of something?

How old is the old guard now? The people that actually went and see the old trilogy in the movies. Kind of feeling a generation war rubbing off on Star Wars nowadays. It's like the same war that plagues politics too.

It's there in he movie's message too, it's not like the movie is innocent of this. "Let the old die." What do you think, when an old person hears that, what do the feel?

I think there's a very simple explanation to why this movie divided people so much, even though it was objectively just as awesome/flawed as every other movie.

>Not sure why she's le ebin dark side immunity grill but that's apparently the route they're taking.
she's the only wh*te woman in history to be able to resist the allure of the bbc (finn)

It makes the most sense that they'd go that way. Even if she had to tape the two fuckers together it'd be better than having her use a single-bladed weapon.

>Acts like shit the whole time

Watching her acting was like watching a School play, you could tell John Boyega was the only proficient one, Kylo Ren's actor gets a pass too

The movie is amazing. Every time you think about it, it gets even fucking worse
>is nearly willing to murder his nephew in his sleep for something he hasn't even done
>sees Rey, a person he doesn't know or even give a shit about, throw a tantrum and threaten him with a lightsaber, and doesn't even think about it

It's a fucking joke.

It's amazing. Every time I think about it I find new plot holes.

It's like the movie version of this image

Honestly I think this is what they were going for in the ending with that kid that could use the Force for some reason. By burning the SACRED JEDI TREE Yoda has somehow "awakened" the Force for everyone.
We all space samurai wizards now.

>Fights Luke a master Jedi

Luke never struck me as all that powerful in combat tbqhwyf. I think his whole Jedi shtick is that he's all one with the force and shit, he's not a master of combat like say Kyle Katarn.

He read Ben's mind though.

>I don't know what plotholes actually are

Luke was going easy on her and disarmed her. She only got the advantage when she summoned a light saber, which is the equivalent of drawing a gun after you lose a fist fight. There was lots wrong with TLJ but this fight wasn't one of the wrong things.

Well, you don't. I do.

You don't need to be a mind reader to see why throwing a tantrum and drawing a lightsaber in anger might be bad news.

This is the same kind of shit argument like when people were fucking livid over how Rey beat Kylo in the previous movie. You can only interprete 2D characters so they have t obe simple because if ther'es a moducum of human element in them you can lo longer keep track of what they fuck they are thginking or why they are doing what they are doing. so this movie needs to fucknig spell it out for you in one of the very first scenes because otherwise you'd remain retarded, even tohugh it literally spelled out the vey thing that other non-retarded peopel tried telling you after your criticisms of the previous movie.

That is the only amazing thing here.

Because it's not like Luke had an experience of trying to kill the darksider that he trained for probably years, and then realized what he was doing, and therefore he changed and wouldn't think of it in such a way again with Rey. It's not like said failure to train Kylo was what pushed him off the Jedi path in the first place and made him into a kind of grey Jedi that talks about the balance between the two sides, even to Rey.

But sure, he should have the exact same reason to Rey, instead of being the defeated pacifist that he became.

It's out of character for Luke to draw a lightsaber on a sleeping person. We're talking about the guy who was willing to die to save space Hilter.

He beat Vader and is certainly better than a fucking girl m8

THE FORCE IS FEMALE

>effeminate, passive-aggressive response proving me right
Straight outta reddit, I see.

>GUUUUH.........hnnnnnmmmmmmmmmm.....BRRRppppppp....... g-GURL HIT BOY.........MMMMNNNNO LIKE!!! NNNO LIKE!!!!!!!

stay triggered Sup Forumsfag. i've already seen TLJ FOUR times and every penny was worth it knowing how much asspain this movie has brought you

>shist on every characteristic Luke had since the beginning of the OT
>even then isn't consisten with it
>somehow it's the fault of the viewer and not the retarded script

>Because it's not like Luke had an experience of trying to kill the darksider that he trained for probably years

Funny, because Luke had experience redeeming a much worse dark sider and knows no one is beyond hope.

Why would it be? The dark side was always there in Luke one of his last acts was angrily flailing at Vader with all of his rage, that is how he defeated him. It's completely fucking plausible that he got tempted out of immense fear for a split second, then he turned into a depressed shit after he seemed to have fucked everything up with that split second.

Vader kicked Luke's ass in Empire even after days if not weeks of training.

does she even have a single line that isnt somehow plot related?

>most worse darksider

Stop masturbating to Darth Vader. Luke literally says he only ever felt such raw power before in Ben.

So this is what ur welfare goes towards

Fuck off, apologist.
You can’t even see the problem, can you?
In every other Star Wars film, drawing a lightsaber in anger is the single biggest warning sign of the dark side.
Rey does it twice in this film, once against Luke and once against Snoke.
Guess what the reaction is from Luke and Yoda? They don’t give a fuck. Yoda nearly lost hope with Luke for far less, yet here he simply doesn’t care.
Luke lost his entire academy to the dark side, and he just sits back and watches a new ticking dark Jedi timebomb, despite that same film showing his reaction to that previously. Should he have had the same reaction? No. Should he have had some reaction? Too fucking right he should.

This is utterly indefensible.

Anakin was the literal chosen one and had more raw power than Sidious and Yoda, so you can eat a dick on that one.

Anyway, the point Vader had done some awful shit, while Ben hadn't done anything.

>ur welfare
OUR welfare fellow taxcuck

>implying staff is the same as a sword
>Implying staff is the same as a sword that you cannot get yourself not even close without burning, at least, your eyes because the light
Also, shouldn't a lot of Jedi suffer from blindness because of using too much the lightsaber and looking directly at it? At least those who combat a lot

A) there's no reason to think Luke was ever that great with a light saber. In ROTJ he won by refusing to fight
B) if he really is a wise Jedi master -- like Yoda -- he shouldn't be waving swords around at all

don't act like a retard you know lightsabers aren't that bright or every time they got used the entire room would become blue or green or red etc.

He felt darkness in him, looked into his future and saw some really fucknig fucked up shit, and fear overtook him for a moment and drew his lightsaber, then immediately after that he realized what he was doing and felt immense shame.

Seems pretty fucking defensible to me, in fact, pretty fucking human.

The shills trying to save this garbage are not even trying to hide it.
All of a sudden Rey became a well writen character.

What kind of porg shit are you people smoking?

>guy whoi already killed hunders if not thousands
>boy who could potentially sometime in the future become something equal
>better try to kill him now instead of trying to help him

Don't forget that she attacked him in anger. That's a Dark Side thing.

Yet both Luke and Yoda ignore that and few hours later proclaim she's the last true Jedi.

This movie is a fucking travesty.

>it's okay to contenplate murdering your nephew if you feel bad about it later

durr luke is only human even though he did the exact opposite thing before in even worse circumstances

And what was his last act in RotJ?
He threw his lightsaber away just short of striking down Vader for godd, completing his arc by not sucumbing to the dark side unlike his father, proiving that he's mastered his emotions adn can't be corrupted.
This shit invalidates all the growth he did in the OT, tough I know by now that the mouse and her agents don't give a flying fuck about continuity or consequences, since you couldn't defend this shit otherwise.

Okay...but give everyone laser swords and I'm definitely taking on the heavyweight boxer with the gun shot to his side.

I'd rather fence an untrained skinny girl than an injured master duelist.

Luke didn't believe that. Yoda believed that a told Luke she was the last Jedi. Because Yoda is an all knowing ghost wizard that can see into the future and shit.

He did the same after drawing his lightsaber on Kylo. Only it was too late because Kylo woke up and saw him in that split second and succumbed his his fear and anger.

>Anakin killing sand niggers was the first sign of him falling
>Luke drawing his saber on the Emperor/Vader in anger was nearly his fall, and Luke looks fucking horrified when he realises what he’s doing
>Rey attacks both Luke and Snoke with a clear expression of hatred, and Yoda thinks she’s a good successor
The story group had ONE JOB

But didn't actually regret thinking about it in the film? The fuck are you talking about?
In the scene we can hear Luke saying how he thought about it and he was ashamed of himself, but it was too late and Kylo thought he was going to kill him

But of fucking course he had to actually slam his saber against Kylo after thinking that, destroying all that he said and making it into fucking lies.

>pick up a light saber and is immediately proficient with it
>fight Vader a master Sith once and actually wound him before losing
>fight him again after an afternoon of training and beat him
>take down an entire palace full of armed guards easily and solo giant mechs and monstesr

>it's okay to enable another vader to completely wreck the galaxy again

>yet not once is there any hint that she's at risk of the dark side.
There was that whole scene where Luke notes that she "didn't even try to resist" the Dark Side.

>But of fucking course he had to actually slam his saber against Kylo after thinking that, destroying all that he said and making it into fucking lies.

That's why it's dumb. He should have taken a step back and turned off his saber.

Apparently you don't.

B-But then muh vagina power fantasy would not be complete fuc drumpft i'm with her

>not trying to immediately murder him in his sleep = enabling him

Watch TFA again
she is extremely raw with how she fights with the staff, and similarly raw when she fights Kylo

Then, magically in TLJ where no time has passed, she becomes expertly proficient with the saber

Except it didn’t do anything.
She just went in, had a vision that wanted everyone’s time and cane out again.
In the hands of a competent writer, Rey attacking Luke and Snoke in anger and hatred would be connected, but it’s never once presented as a bad thing.
It was probably supposed to have payoff with an actual risk of temptation to the dark side in one draft, but Kennedy probably caught wind of someone giving Rey a flaw and vetoed it.

>Luke is the most powerful Jedi alive
>Rekt by Rey in 5 seconds

>Luke didn't believe that

He does at the end of the movie.

have you? everytime luke fought vader he got toyed with

It's because she doesn't give a shit about being dark, because she was never taught that it is a horrible thing. She experienced the Force before anyone taught her anything about it. I have a feeling and this is just a feeling that the story is going in a certain direction with boy Kylo and Rey, and that ultimately this is the evolution of the Force mythos that this new saga intends. This is a bit of a taoist concept but then again the Force kind of always was, the battle between the light and the dark sides have always taken place between separate individuals, so the balance always requird an external battle. Anakin vs Luke. Sith vs Jedi. Light vs Dark. Currently the light and dark sides are in internal battle in both Kylo and Rei. I think the trilogy will end with both of them as individually balanced "grey jedi," establishing a new school where both sides are taught in balance, thus finally accomplishing the "balance of the force" that none of this fucking fighting ever really accomplished before.

>powerful Jedi alive
>can't even do some shitty illusion for 5 minutes without dying

>She just went in, had a vision that wanted everyone’s time and cane out again.

Wasted whose time? The mirror scene was probably one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

But she was training the entire time in the Last Jedi.

>>Luke is the most powerful Jedi alive
it is established that Rey is the most powerful jedi alive
what do you nazi retards not understand?

Yeah that shit is stupid

Why, it was pointless. It wasn't like the cave on Dagobah.

>what do you nazi retards not understand?

And thus the mouse finally revealed itself.

In the real flashback, we can see that ben, feeling threatened, is the one that starts to swing the lightsaber, luke has to defend himself

>the dark side isn’t bad if you don’t think it’s bad
If that’s what they’re going with, thank fuck I’m jumping ship now.

So what happens to Luke's robot hand when he disappears at the end? Does it just plop to the ground or does it go with him?

Wouldn't have happend if Luke didn't go full retard in the first place. Ben reacted naturally to waking up and seeing some snading with a weapon over him.

Why the fuck would it had to have been like the cave in Dgobah, Luke's character arc is completely different from Rey's. Can you like pull the dick of the original trilogy out of your mouth for even a second? Luke's character arc was about facing his father/enemy, and the symbolism about how he is Vader, because he is the same as him, the same potential for evil or good, hence why the Emperor wanted him to turn. That is why it was him under the mask, because his real enemy was not Vader, but the potential for the same darkness within himself. Rey's character arc is about trying to find her place, and trying to figure out her origins to know that place. The Mirror showed her herself when she asked who her parents are, because symbolically, she is her own creator in the story, she defines who she will be, not the past, not someone else, she shouldn't seek for answers coming from someone else. Ultimately, when you think about it, Luke didn't rally teach her either. Not like Yoda taught Luke. They argued, then fought, then she left. He only introduced her to basic concepts about the Force. She even trained on her own, against that rock, against Luke's wishes. Even the lesson that she cut that rock and it fell of that cart (the consequences of her own irresponsible actions) was her own. They are two completely different characters with different character arcs.