Thoughts?

vice.com/en_ca/article/all-your-favourite-cartoon-characters-are-black

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE
youtube.com/watch?v=kOnFkAWjmd8
archive.is/HRaH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They can have Scrappy Doo

I'm pretty sure bugs bunny is gray, piccolo is green, and elmo is red.

blacks were made for entertainment, no surprise there

Did they really brag about Scrappy Doo? You know they ate desperate when they have to bring up Scrappy Doo.

The cartoon that shot of Bugs comes from ends with Elmer and Bugs singing together in blackface. Seems pointless on Bugs' part if he's supposed to be black by default.

Isn't Bugs Bunny based on Groucho Marx?

Well Elmo was voiced by a black man.

Bugs is heavily based on Br'er Rabbit so I can see it.

they are certainly not my favourite

Well, elmo is right, at least.
Welp a broken clock is right twice a day.

Are the Ninja Turtles Asian, Italian, or black?

yeah...

> implying black is a colour and not a culture

Why would I care about someone's skin color, especially in the entertainment industry?

As long as whoever's working in whatever medium can make me forget about my shitty life for even a few seconds, then they're ok in my book.

They're so desperate it actaully makes me sad

they're turtles, user.

Piccolo is definitely black.

kek

Wow, what a racist

You're literally erasing their identity when you don't recognize their race as a major part of their value as a human being

Green

>Piccolo
>Black

DOO DOOT DEE DOOOOO
BLACK POWER

They have a very loose definition of "black" that includes neither appearance nor culture someone was raised in. In cases like Piccolo, they're kind of defining "black" to mean "oppressed", which seems like the first step in denying that successful minorities are "really black".

Since when do animals have race? I mean, I guess since lions are from Africa, that means the all lion characters are Black?

And aliens too? I guess E.T. is Black.

All my favorite cartoon characters are black? Rick and Morty are black? Star Butterfly is black?

That's a pathetic excuse for a "culture" then

Red-eared sliders or box, so maybe native american?

I refuse to visit this site.

Which characters are they claiming are black?

Pretty much this. White America in the 19th century were raised by blacks. They are entertaining cartoon characters that serve your rice and dance well and sing like birds and you can fuck them every which way just uh don't treat them like humans because yuck.

>Sarah Hagi
Is she a Sup Forumsack doing we wuz kangz false flags?

>piccolo
>black
No. This is his true colour.

I know people will read the click-bait title and knee-jerk post, but even given what the article is really about it's a somewhat insipid article about basic projection. Given some of the justification given by those interviewed, you could make similar leaps with any kind of character.

Thanks Doc.

Lookit dis' sheltered user right hyuh! He don' know d'at anfro amammals be shorthand for raychelle stare-yo-types!

There's almost never a solid reason why theyve named a character black. And when they do, like when they talked about piccolo, they completely ignore his original background and later character development.

This is one of the worst pieces of millennial race baiting I have ever seen. To think there are people who actually talk and think about this shit is insane.

how do you do that?
how do you type like that?
It reads like words, but it sounds like a black dude!

is Mr Popo black or racist blackface?

here's how I list this shit
Credible Tier
>Piccolo
>Brain (From Arthur)
>Panthro
this is a Joke, right? Tier
>luigi (From Mario)
>Goofy
>Tweety Bird
Kek Tier
>Zaboomafoo
>ET
>Papa Smurf
wrong tier
>rest of the list

>Scrappy Doo
YOUR NEW FAVORITE CHARACTER

Bugs Bunny
Tasmanian Devil
Tweety Bird
Goofy
Max
Spongebob (he's white passing)
Bob (from Reboot)
Elmo
Cookie Monster (West Indies)
Zaboomafoo
Arthur (half)
Brain (From Arthur)
Muffy (half)
Lola Bunny
Babar
Luigi (From Mario)
Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
Some Ninja Turtles (Michelangelo, maybe Raphael)
Scrappy Doo
Woody the Woodpecker
The Pink Panther
Optimus Prime

>favorites

>Scrappy
>Elmo

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE

Source? I want to buy this person a drink.

Oh god, I just got to the part in the article where they even say that E.T. is black. But I have yet to read anything explaining "why" other than "They just are." There better be a payoff at the end.

He's a genie.

>Piccolo is black
>Meaning King Piccolo is black
>Meaning civilization on Earth was almost destroyed by blacks and their demon-spawns

>Luigi (from Mario)
>Italians are Black

>which seems like the first step in denying that successful minorities are "really black".
In public schools all over America black students who do well are chastised by other black students for "acting white"

Hell, Asians cease to be a minority group when it comes to school admissions, sometimes put at a disadvantage even compared to white people. True minorities are lesser peoples who need to be helped by the system.

The only reason I'd give a shit is because it is a waste product.

I wrote it myself and just decided to screen cap it rather than write it all out again.

Neurotic people off their meds once again extent their narcissism into pop culture, what else is new?

>Jerry
>Not tom

>Luigi (From Mario)

Are they... implying that being dopey and afraid of ghosts is a sign of blackness?

Brain from Arthur is the only one of these they should be fighting for. He doesn't play up any negative stereotypes, but they still show him celebrating Kwanzaa and make it perfectly clear he's black.

How do you counter that he doesn't need food to survive, only Grape drank.

>Luigi (from Mario)

Why is Luigi on the list and not Mario? They're brothers.

Heh. They're brothers.

Like how black people refer to each other.

>piccolo
>black
I mean, unless you grew up with this version,
In which case, yeah, pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=kOnFkAWjmd8

So middle eastern black?

Holy shit black Jews dress like pimp samurai

they might be on to something

>Zaboomafoo
this seems racist

It's funny how Brain was voiced by steven crowder

>drawn and voiced by white men
>based on a white man
>black

Um that's cultural appropriation

do rich buzzfeed college studentes journalists even know what a black person looks like? have they ever been near one or is it like a mytological thing for them?
I mean spending all your live in a 99.8% white community with houses that are worth a fortune i understand how they think black people are cartoon characters, cartoons characters are only a thing on tv

>some ninja turtles
>Luigi
Umm, shouldn't their brothers also be black then?

Vice is a joke, and you should be ashamed for linking to them

This Piccolo is black meme will never make any sense, he's wearing a goddamn turban so his design could be of middle eastern origin.

Alright, lets get this over with
WE

SpongeBob can't be black, he's a successful independent man with a long-time job, and he knows his Dad.

Pink Panther is a complete joke and the most offensive to me.

WE WUZ TOONZ N SHEIT

WHATS UPPPA DUPPPA DOC?

Donatello and Leonardo are both cornball niggas.

are tired of this meme

I'm not clicking on that little slice of cancer.

Is Skeeter from Doug black? I always assumed he was.

Goofy is probably the whitest man in the entire universe, so I'm confused why Max would be considered black.

MARIO IS A NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>piccolo
>black
what is wrong with SJWs

It would've been fine if they kept it to Looney Tunes and Disney stuff. Those characters were definitely created in an age where the wandering blackface minstrel was a popular bit character.

Clark Gable

Y'ALL NEVER BEAT MAH HEAR STAHN- D JOE- JOE.
MAH STAN' [WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN] IS GUNNA IMMA MAKE ME INVINCIBLE AN SHIET
FO SHIZZLE

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

Is Yugioh black?

WE

>For Jaboukie, Piccolo's backstory was very black. "His homeland, Namek, was ravaged by colonizers, he always felt slightly out of place around his non-Namekian friends, single parent origin story. And he was always performing emotional labour for little reward."

Literally the only piece of information to explain why a character is black.

And it completely ignores the fact that he felt like an outsider because he used to be a villain who did terrible, terrible things.

And it completely ignores that the Saiyans also had their homeland ravaged by colonists (and were even forced into slavery). Plus Saiyans have monkey tails.

Wait...

>Luigi (From Mario)
What?

Pretty much.

>Goofy is probably the whitest man in the entire universe, so I'm confused why Max would be considered black.

Probably because goofy is probably the whitest man in the entire universe, DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Also Piccolo is sort of the son/reincarnation of the Demon King wait...hol up....

WUZ

>Some Ninja Turtles (Michelangelo, maybe Raphael)
What the absolute fuck is this shit

First of all, how the hell can only one, MAYBE two of the Ninja Turtles be "black"? They're BROTHERS.

Secondly, the insinuation that Mikey is DEFINITELY black because LOL HE'S A PARTY DUDE XD and that Raphael is MAYBE black because GRRR I'M AN ANGRY FROTHING CAULDRON OF TESTOSERONE is the dumbest fucking shit. Why the fuck can't Leo or Don be considered black? Because Leo actually gives a shit about authority and Don is a nerd? What the fuck.

I mean, if you're a chode I guess you could argue LOL LEO IS SO UPTIGHT JUST LIKE WHITEY!!, but what about young black men who have it drilled into our brains that we NEED to be responsible and follow the rules at all times, not just for our sakes, but because we're the oldest and responsible for setting an example for our brothers?

That's literally the entire fucking reason Leo is the way he is. "If I fuck up, then the cops will see us, shoot us, and kill us, so I need to be the no-fun killjoy who tells my bros that no, we CAN'T just go skateboarding out on the streets because we're different from everyone else."

I'm so mad I can't even think of a coherent way to end this post

The "Piccolo was the black guy" joke has been around for over a decade.

Its just Sjws fucked it up trying to quantify why, when there was no why. It was just a little joke.

>giving vice money
archive.is/HRaH8
Here.

There was a street fight over Yu-Gi-Oh cards
Both men were black

KANGZ

>is a DJ
>hates polka
>parachute pants
>gives Doug friendly but unwarranted advice
>uses weird slang
>reffered to as Dougs "green friend" once.
I'm pretty she he's black

He completely ignores the fact that all nameks are single parent since that is how they spawn children

>being conquered and oppressed is exclusively African
What an embarrassing race.

Yami definitely was. He was Egyptian