AV Club to the head

He just kept talking, in one, long, incredibly unbroken sentence. Moving from topic to topic. So that no one had a chance to interrupt. It was really quite hypnotic.

archive.is/G5pO3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs
archive.is/G5pO3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs

Why do people treat Watchmen as a sacred cow that should be distanced from DC as much as possible?

because it is the only good thing comics ever produced

If you don't read comics, yeah.

You clearly know nothing whatsoever.

it wasn't even good. they threw away any ambiguity about the ending in the allegorical side-stories

because dc is a huge flaming pile of garbage? even if you dont like watchmen, it's in a whole different league from the typical capeshit

>archive

Yeesh, was the shitstorm that bad?

>Doesn't support clickbait
>This is apparently weird
Fucking Sup Forums

It's not even in Moore's top 5 cape works

Yeah, who can forget such classics as his other works?

>Insult to Kirby
>Kirby went as far as to literally have Cap heil hitler

That's not a cape book and you're clearly a fucking turbo casual
Watchmen is not as good as
>Miracleman
>Supreme
>Saga of the Swamp Thing
>Promethea
>Top 10

And people will say Alan Moore never lost his touch unlike Frank Miller

>calls me a turbo casual
>considers those to be the standard for what dc produces
once again, I repeat: even if you dont like watchmen, it's in a whole different league from the typical capeshit

>archive.is/G5pO3
Ah, I thought the article was taken down.

Continue fighting the power, then. Teach those journalists a lesson!

DC didn't produce Supreme or Miracleman, and they bought America's Best Comics, they didn't create it. Saga of the Swamp thing is the only straight up DC comic on that list.
>thinks he's not a turbo casual when he doesn't know what fucking company comics come from

why is miller being brought into this

You really are having difficulty understanding context and even basic conversations, aren't you?

The question: Why don't people want watchmen mixed with dc?
My answer: Because the quality of watchmen is higher then current dc.

Do I need to make this any more clear for you? Do I need to draw you a fucking chart?

Because it only works in its self-contained universe and is generally better than the vast majority of comics set in the DC universe. Not to mention DC made Before Watchmen a thing.

Treating Watchmen like some insane sacred cow is just a bad look man. Current DC I agree, but there are stories from the company that are as good.

and another thing, nothing ever erases the original, if you are so offended by the idea of Watchmen mixing with DC, just don't fucking read it, I won't be reading, I just am not enough of an autist or casual snob to think that corporate pushes can retroactively ruin great stories.

holy shit you are such an autist

>literally can't handle that a company is using their characters in a way you don't like
>calls others autistic

>everything I don't agree with is fascism

Does anyone else really not mind when Spencer gets dragged through the mud? Even when it's totally undeserved, I can't bring myself to feel any sympathy for Spencer because he's such a complete shithead.

Kinda. Especially because he thinks his stories are actually pushing the genre somewhere it hasn't been before.

Where was this outrage when Cap was a fascistic jackboot moron during Hickman's run. He was more of a Nazi there than the entirety of CA: SR

He thinks Hillary was a good person and that writing Sam Wilson protects him from all accusations of being a racist

user, you'd have to actually read a comic to understand that, here you can just see that he's Hydra in an article, know that they're nazis and get assmad.

Is it true that he's also the reason that Danny and Misty haven't gotten back together, because he thinks the pairing is racist?

Well his fan base don't want Danny and Luke to be friends unless Danny is Asian

>SJWs complaining about transgressing on authorial intent when they want everyone to become colored, women, and/or gay