Remember when cartoon was good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1CagNAjGys
youtube.com/watch?v=fOaMIyX9QWE
youtube.com/watch?v=PS_T3Jg3uaY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tom and jerry has always been shit

damn you the biggest fag on this board

He's totally right, this would be up there with early Hannah Barbera cartoons, if not for the quality of the animation.

it was just skits about a cat and a mouse trying to outwit and/or kill each other.

It's so simple at its core you can't really go wrong with as long as the animations good. Some of the more modern tom and jerry movies were bad because tom and jerry isn't really something that should have more than a basic plot considering the two main characters don't even talk.

You probably don't. How old are you?

fpbp

cartoon was never good

speak english

I was gonna say yeah but then you posted Tom and Jerry so fuck off

no, but I remember a time being happy

That's debatable I would only really agree with that on terms of animation and art style but with shows like gravity falls, Steven universe, regular show and star vs the forces of evil they show that there is a more focus on deeper and more complex stories and character development in today's cartoons not saying that the classics weren't well written
But at the same time cartoons that focus on animation and comedy are far from dead just look at wonder over yonder and the amazing world of gumball their both great shows

Benis' should've written the Emperor's New School spinoff show

Actually cartoons like T&J requires more skills like good timing, music and acting.

Any autist can come up with a 'complex' story, as the overabundance of fanfictions show.

I still like cartoon. Cartoon are good.

>It's so simple at its core you can't really go wrong with as long as the animations good.

And now it's all Flash-shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=r1CagNAjGys

Christ.
At least the previous show had actual animation.

>Flash Puppets
>all those repeated sound effects
>ripping Tom's yell from the original cartoons
I miss Tom and Jerry Tales.
youtube.com/watch?v=fOaMIyX9QWE
youtube.com/watch?v=PS_T3Jg3uaY

>trying to do slapstick with this level of floaty flash animation
That shit just doesn't work when there's no weight to anything.

cheap flash animation can work as long as the focus isn't on slapstick.
Dan Vs. was done in flash but that had good writing to back it up.

>This fucking thread

So when do you think the shift from "Talking about comics and cartoons" to "Outrage about comics and cartoons" happen? What was the turning point for Sup Forums?