Western animated tv shows will never reach the pinnacle of early SpongeBob ever again

>western animated tv shows will never reach the pinnacle of early SpongeBob ever again
Has any other cartoon had 3 whole seasons in a row of no bad episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XkPOvRHsrqM
youtube.com/watch?v=ddDcftzYJD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Simpsons season 4-6

>OP hasn't heard of Gumball
excluding S1. sorry.

If season 1 sucks where should i start with gumball?

Season 1.
That user has absolute shit taste.

First episode of Season 2 I guess. If you want to check out the first season later on to see the difference, go ahead.

FPBP, but a cat is fine too.

For comedy, these are objectively the only answers.

To be fair...

Gumball
>S1-4, maybe 5 i think, has more consistency episode than spongebob S1-S3, so one score for Gumball

Spongebob
>S1-3, most of the episode had the best moments than gumball so one score for spongebob

>Has any other cartoon had 3 whole seasons in a row of no bad episodes?

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Season 3 of Spongebob had a lot of terrible episodes, but they aired so late in the season that most people don't remember they were part of season 3.

>He forgot about Ed Edd N Eddy's entire run.
Nigga, save for "If It Smells Like An Ed", "Your Ed Here", "Smile For The Ed", and MAYBE "Boo Hoo Haw" and "Sorry, Wrong Ed" if you're that sensitive or you're Mr. Enter, this series was perfection.

Rick & Morty

Like what?

Season 2 was a lot worse than the first season.

That doesn't count--every episode of Rick & Morty is bad.

Said no-one ever.
well- maybe the entirety of Sup Forums

>s3 hasn't even ended yet
>all r&m fans are like this
Rick and Morty stopped being good during season 2

Season 6 had that clip show thats pretty boring.

EEnE
Rocko's modern life

>Gumball
No. Just no. Thinking Gumball is somehow close to SpongeBob in any way is delusion. I like Gumball but the show is pretty forgettable. It lacks of memorable moments and relies to much in visual gags instead of clever dialogue/writing. Visual gags that most of the time aren't memorable.

>somehow close to SpongeBob
Yeah, no fucking way. I'm just answering the "3 whole seasons in a row of no bad episodes" question

There were several bad episodes in S3 and a lot of lame ones.

BTAS

Clarence

you can throw out a reference or quote to old SB and most people around your age are going to understand it.

the only other show to have that effect is old simpsons, and still doesn't even come close to how keen people are to pick up on SB references.

I don't think any other cartoon even come near old SB.

Family Guy. It didn't start getting bad until S4

Close.
As much as I like Clarence some episodes are cringy and forgettable.

But overall Clarence has good writing, good jokes, visual gags.

Sadly the show is very underrated.

I loved Boo Haw Haw,
but I also love Halloween.

The pilot was not that great.

Krabby Land and The Strangler weren't that great.

I also remember being let down by those episodes they turned into special events, which is probably just because they hyped them first.
>Spongebob BC
>The Lost Episode
>The Sponge Who Could Fly
I remember the Patchy segments that went with them more fondly.

All of those episodes besides maybe Krabby Land were all great though.

>Has any other cartoon had 3 whole seasons in a row of no bad episodes?
Valentine's Day
Club SpongeBob
Could You Spare A Dime

those are all good episodes tho

>Has any other cartoon had 3 whole seasons in a row of no bad episodes?- 35 posts and 9 image replies shown.
The Simpsons had like 7 straight seasons of no bad episodes.

>Could You Spare a Dime
>Club Spongebob
>bad
Uwotm8?

Gumball is pretty good, but it's pretty inconsistent in terms of humor

also, it will never come anywhere near having as much cultural impact as the Sponge has had

Aren't The Sponge Who Could Fly and the Lost Episode the same thing?
Anyway, I thought that was the only not-so-good episode. SpongeBob just doesn't work as a musical. "Rub my Scalp" redeems the whole episode though.

Could You Spare a Dime? is absolutely hilarious, what are you on about?

Only Season 2 is good.
Season 1, 3, and 4 are mixed bags while Season 5 is just awful.

ATLA

I agree, please don't roast me.

>Rick & Morty

Nah, lost episode was the house party one.

Wrong

>it hurt my feelings hurr durr

>Could You Spare A Dime
>bad

You must be unemployed.

Moral Orel

Not him, but I feel personally victimized. I like that episode but it makes me really uncomfortable now.

came to post Venture Bros

The first episode of S1. Ignore the S1 haters.

How about two absolutely perfect seasons?

I guess I should explain myself.

Valentine's Day was a bore for me because there was nothing of real entertainment happening except for the "I defy you heart man" and "Heart on stick must die", and two good gags in an 11 minute episode is pretty bad in my book. Patrick was just being a retarded douche. Also that might be because I didn't grow up in the West, but showing platonic love on Valentine's seems like a really bizzare concept for me.

Club SpongeBob is just Squidward suffering for no reason, which is post-movie tier bullshit. He literally didn't do anything to deserve it, tho I guess I'll give it that the ending with the ranger was perfectly nonsensical.

Can You Spare A Dime goes to the other extreme where Squidward gets unusually obnoxious and annoying (how would he even tolerate staying alone with SB for so long?) and that makes up most of the episode, which isn't highly entertaining either.

>Rick & Morty

season 1 had the best visual design tho

>Can You Spare A Dime goes to the other extreme where Squidward gets unusually obnoxious and annoying (how would he even tolerate staying alone with SB for so long?) and that makes up most of the episode, which isn't highly entertaining either.

It's a clever role reversal and we get to see some snappy sponegbob

I'll give you Valentine's Day though

nah
Its s1 and s2 episodes were really hit or miss, there's a reason why it's never gotten a full DVD release

Both episodes of Interdimensional Cable would beg to differ.

Can You Spare A Dime? is literally Top 5 Spongebob
Club Spongebob is also hilarious
Valentine's Day is weaker than most episodes but it's still decent

tfw watching this episode nowadays is really uncomfortable

>Club SpongeBob is just Squidward suffering for no reason, which is post-movie tier bullshit. He literally didn't do anything to deserve it,
except the whole reason he was there is because he tried to get into the clubhouse when they told him he couldn't fit

post top-tier spongebob jokes
i'll start

wrong link oops
youtube.com/watch?v=ddDcftzYJD4

squlliam's revenge wasn't that good though.

there are bad episodes in season 3
>Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV"
>Rock-a-Bye Bivalve
>Party Pooper Pants
>Plankton's Army
>SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

Why don't you list some, then?

>SpongeBob Meets the Strangler
>bad

>maybe
>no
>agreed
>hell to the no
>no

>Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV
That episode that gave us great quotes like
>And then comes a giant fist!
>Patrick! No! That's not an action figure! That's the real Squidward! I shrunk him by accident.
>Oh... And then comes a giant fist!
And the entire wumbo monologue is not even close to being bad.

Why the fuck is the shit that is SpongeBob so fucking popular on Sup Forums? Shit, I don't think any other show has THIS many defenders here...

>Party Pooper Pants

As someone with Spongebob lines drilled into my speech and whole episodes memorized, how have I never even heard of this? Did they just stop airing it since they didn't want something with poop in the title?

>Sup Forums
SpongeBob has worldwide popularity.

if Sup Forums tells you to skip episodes, watch them anyway and form your own opinions
i know you have plenty of time, bucko

its also called spongebob's house party
it's the episode where he throws a house party

>Club SpongeBob is just Squidward suffering for no reason, which is post-movie tier bullshit.

Did we watch the same episode? He was being an arrogant asshole the entire time.

No, you've got it backwards. Lost Episode is Sponge Who Could Fly, and House Party was it's own episode. I remember because they had a band play.

Not really, SpongeBob is pretty much TTG-tier. Yeah, it's "popular", but nobody really gives a shit.

>Basement episode

user, you have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums. The first three seasons and the movie are iconic cartoons. It went on a steady decline after the creator left, and was garbage for most of its run as a result.

Mods, ban this little kid.

S5 is worse than S1 tho

That's the only pre-movie episode that is flat out bad. There's nothing particularly memorable about it besides Patrick's dance.

It was a good one, retard

>3 seasons
>3

The later parts probably but there were a lot of good/great episodes at the start of the season.

I remember being really frustrated with Valentines Day as a kid, but I really disagree with the other 2 choices.

Bob