Why did people hate this movie??

Why did people hate this movie??

babbies first art house film

DUDE OLD TESTAMENT LMAO

Cause the Killing of a Sacred Deer was much better.

Movies like this don't do well in American markets typically. British movies, like Wicker Man and Kill List, usually do pretty well though.

Bible references lmao

It triggers Christians

They hated the brutal violence against women in it.

too extreme and out there for a mainstream audiences.

I'm really shocked Paramount gave it a wide release. Very ballsy of them.

Killing of a Sacred Deer is not about the bible you stupid asshole, it's a metaphor for some greek story that no one has ever heard of, which still doesn't matter because it's a solid movie

Also normies don't like artsy weird movies, period

ITS BASICALLY GROUNDHOG DAY

TOTALLY RACHEL WEISZ IN THE FIRST LOOP, HIS EX WIFE, JLAW IS THE SECOND LOOP, HIS THEN GF

ARONOFSKY IS PLAYING GOD FUCKING WITH HIS BITCHES

Because it's pretentious garbage, ripping off the world's best literary work.

The movie is nothing compared to what's out there, with all the controversy I actually thought they'd show a baby getting ripped and gutted like in a zombie movie but no

puff the magical wagon

but for something shown in multiplexes nation wide, it sure is.

normies are just pussies, I'm glad this movie got seen by them, i wish i was there to see their reactions

Aronofsky sure is one hell of a prankster

pleb filter

Too weird for plebs, too on-the-nose for arthouse fags.

It's a shit film, but I enjoyed how butthurt it made normies. It was worth going to the cinemas to see all the walkouts and yelling at the screen.

It was so heavy handed and pretentious, that's why. Also, Aronofsky is a faggot minus Requiem for a Dream and Jennifer Lawrence is annoying as fuck. Only good things in this movie were Ed Harris and Javier Bardem.

I would have enjoyed it more if there was more of a story and not just bible reference after bible reference. Like, do that shit but also give us a scene that shows us WHY they love each other so much. Actual human dialogue to portray human connection. WHY is Javier Bardem so weird about this whole thing? Oh, cuz he's God. That's it.

Anyone who passed high school English read the Illiad you dumb fuck, that's where the story is from. And clearly there are Biblical allegories as well, it has a scene where the main girl is literally singing Carol of the Bells.

Because it is literal heresy. Even non-abrahamics hate such unbridaled heresy.

>DUDE IT'S GENESIS BUT AS A RELATIONSHIP DRAMA AND EVERYONE IS AN INSUFFERABLE RETARD