Did Marvel just not care when they designed the movie version Gamora or is there a good excuse for why she looks so...

Did Marvel just not care when they designed the movie version Gamora or is there a good excuse for why she looks so different from the comic version?
Not to mention old and haggard.

Fishnet gamora in mcu when?

Never.
It's way too fucking 70's and cheesy.

>looks so different
I guess those yellow rings aren't around her eyes....

Bigger problem is they just made her green widow.

Should have given her a more standout fighting style or at least shown us why she is one of the most dangerous women in the galaxy.

I know the MCU has no consequences for its characters and its villains are the worst in all movie history but if Thanos does not kill her very very very very dead in the opening minutes of Infinity war I will never take him seriously as a bad guy. Thanos needs to kill her for betraying him. If not this mcu shit has become a true cartoon universe where nothing ever matters at all. Like mickey mouse.

Guessin you never read any classic Gamora. She earned that rep as a lithe assassin, not the Green Sonja that Giffen and DnA portrayed her as.

I'm wondering if you read the post.

That was the whole problem with her in the movie. She didn't feel like a dangerous assassin at all. She felt barely goon tier the entire.

In a team movie you don't get a lot of set up time to make her character pop using subtle means (especially at the pg-13 level|). So it becomes a bit necessary to exaggerate her skill set be it by being a crack shot with guns, deadly aim, or crazy improvisation.

I think the jail scene was probably the best bet to establish something to her skills. But then you start running into the gurl power problem.

Because:
A) she dresses like a hooker in the comics
B) Hollywood has a talent pool of like 4 actresses that they choose for action roles

Drax didnt seem very powerful either. Like, at all.

They were all nerfed to shit in the movie version, Gamora and Drax got it the worst

MCU power levels are pretty nerfed. But consider also that there's no middle ground between the power levels of the antagonists in GOTG. There's the mooks like the Nova Corps and the Sakaarans, and then there's Ronan who's Annihilator-tier. If we assume the mooks are "normal" people (idiots) then all of the Guardians are quite skilled at fighting and outwitting them. But Ronan, who is nigh-unstoppable before and after he gets the stone. None of the Guardians can do anything to him, so as to sell their whole "underdog mortals in a field of gods" shtick.

It's a discrepancy that stood out to me, but I'm not sure how you'd do it otherwise. If the mooks give them trouble people will bitch about them being underpowered, but make them too powerful and people will complain that you're missing the point.

Visually, the lack of gold around the eyes is the big problem.
Characterization-wise, her being the awkward love interest was, well, awkward.

They weren't even that powerful in the comics though. Kratos Drax was severely underpowered compared to his previous form, Gamora is a cyborg lady with a sword in a universe full of superpowers, and Quill is just a guy with guns.

>and Quill is just a guy with guns.
Peter's forte are over the top plans though.

I actually liked this. There was no need for the whole "woah, shes a badass" scene in this movie. The whole "rag-tag band of misfits" vibe they were shooting for works so well because they nerfed everyone.

Gamora had a pretty basic design with a pretty revealing costume. I don't know how you get todays audience to be OK with or take the character seriously with the fishnet and glorified slingbikini look she had. And I'm glad they took all the skulls off her. I do with they had given her a bigger sword.

But even in your pic they kept some elements of the fishnet and sling, so it looks like they tried. But it is kind of generic badass. Seline/Catwoman. Maybe some gold trim?

Movie Nebula arguably felt more like "Gamora" than movie Gamora did.

>I think the jail scene was probably the best bet to establish something to her skills.

The jail scene flubbed her hard by showing her whimpering from all the other cellmates.

That will never not make me laugh. "Most dangerous woman in the galaxy", and she's literally weeping and crying and sniffling from some thugs outside her cell threatening her. bitch is supposed to be green sonja, and she's just a weaker green widow with no personality or character, and the make up is fucking hideous.

It obviously didn't work because Guardians of the Galaxy is the least popular marvel movie by far

It helped to make everyone on the team a new character with a completely different personality.

It doesn't really help that they try to make Zoe do all her own fighting and she clearly can't fight

You are a lying piece of shit.

>Hurr durr too cheesy, this will never work in a movie
It can be adatpted though, it just takes effort. Something MCU costume designers obviously can't do. For example they could make this fishnet into a textured armor-like clothes, like a cosmic chainmail (in terms of functionality). All it takes is a little bit of imagination and I'm sure they could come up with something better than me in one minute.
But those costume designers are all like
>Welp, this looks too stupid therefore it can't be adapted. Screw all of this let's just do our usual grounded tacticool shit with some minor references to the original design.

There's also being under the Disney banner.

I like how people pretend that a character's shitty costume can work in real life by saying
>>hur dur. Tacticool! Sux! Hur dur It takes effort!
Tell me this didn't look stupid.

It does but his other costumes don't so he's right about "effort".

i mean nigga, the MCU has a shit costume department for the most part, but we still got a good and mostly accurate looking Iron Man and Strange

>Something the MCU costume designers obviously can't do

Green_lantern.png
Cyborg.png
Darkseid.png

>shit costume department for the most part
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
The only characters that didn't have good costumes were Hawkeye and Quicksilver.
And even then Quicksilver has never had a good costume.

?

>The only characters that didn't have good costumes were Hawkeye and Quicksilver.
And thor
Everyone else is just straight up "tacticool".

You serious man?
Perhaps not the design themselves but they're so cheaply made it just takes you out of it. Its barely above CW's lets give all our villains a fake leather jacket approach.

Give actual examples, because until you do you're talking shit for the sake of taking shit
Thor's costume was great the only thing he didn't have was his helmet.

Well yeah, but that's the point innit? They're underdogs but they manage to pull through by the skin of their teeth.

what of mcu or cw?

MCU
>Thor
>Ultron
>Gamora
>Scorch
>Black Widow
>Captain America
>Yondu
>Star Lord
>The Collector
>The Grandmaster
>Scarlet witch
>Deathlock
>Purple Man
>nuke
>angar
>Zemo
maybe more, probably are.

CW
>Pretty much fucking everything

>Thor's costume was great
No the fuck it wasn't. I'm pretty sure he had on windbreaker pants. He looked like he had on shitty plastic halloween armor you get in the kids area in walmart.

They wanted Gamora to have an outfit they could have Disney theme park actors wear in the parks.

having cheap costumes is good. it makes it easier to make costumes of the characters for cosplay, cheaper to buy costumes for halloween, and often cheaper to reproduce the costumes in video games and as toys.

Sure, as long as you can deal with something that doesn't look good in stills or in motion for an entire movie.

It's not canon who cares? Ronan lost to a dance off in the first movie and he can canonically threaten the Avengers in reality.

When you paint a black woman green, her facial structure is still apparent, and pretty much anyone can pick up on 'real' races in 'fake' skins, so yeah, you'll notice.

Your logic makes no fucking sense. Just stop.

You're just fucking retarded.

>Thor's costume was great the only thing he didn't have was his helmet.
Dude, Thor's costume is just pure garbage. Especially in the first movie and Avengers. In the sequels it's not that great either, but at least tolerable.

I didn't know the Avengers or Ronan actually existed.

More accurately he lost to the power of friendship.

>Every female comic book character needs to be drawn like a recolored Caitlin Fairchild.
That picture barely resembles Gamora.
I can always tell when I'm listening to some twat who grew up thinking Jim Lee was a comic book Master.

Saldana's pretty qt, no matter what colour she is.

Overdressed.

>asymmetrical nostrils

Remember how twitter was upset because they painted a black actor Green..... lol.

kek fuck off mate, i gave you the examples you wanted so come up with something better

That is such a shit Gamora picture fucking hate the Bendis run.

Do the skulls have cat ears?

Did someone bring up DC? Yeah Green Lantern looked like shit and Cyborg looks like shit (I don't think Darkseid has even shown up).

But the MCU costume designers are still SHIT.

Like what is your point? Are you a butthurt Mouseketeer?

>They weren't even that powerful in the comics though

Kratos Drax killed Thanos, Gamora wiped the floor with the X-Men, she wiped the floor with She-Hulk, and she almost killed Ronan.

>Quill is just a guy with guns.
True but he did have some hand to hand combat skills and was good for pulling crazy plans. But he was also a flashy motherfucker, I kind of wish Peter in the movies had better wardrobe than just red jackets and red trenchcoats.

At least change the color.

>I kind of wish Peter in the movies had better wardrobe than just red jackets and red trenchcoats.
>At least change the color.
You've never heard of personal uniform? The clothes can change but the overall style cannot if the individual is trying to match his self-image.

>Dude, Thor's costume is just pure garbage.
No, THIS is a garbage Thor costume.
Hemsworth's costumes have been pretty nice and are considerably more in line with his comic appearances than what Hawkeye and Starlord were wearing.

Black people just look weird when given a different skin color. White, green, or whatever. Even the most beautiful black woman will look like a gargoyle when given not-brown skin

Hookers wear capes and carry swords? Since fucking when?

You have to understand that any fictional woman wearing a skimpy outfit is automatically a bitchwhoreslut.

Since things got awesome.