The dumbest villain concept

My vote goes to the Hate-Monger.
Literally, actually Hitler under a mask.
HURR DURR MASTER STRATEGIST
DURR HURR FANATICAL LOYALTY
HURF DURF H-RAY

Always reminds me of Wolfenstein's mecha Hitler.
That is even sillier than Stilt-Man.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Aquaman-1962/Issue-21?id=38695
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That is pretty stupid

especially considering Hitler was no strategist.

Otherwise I vote for Godspeed, or one of the half a dozen Zoom dupes.

And that Hitler wasn't a hate monger

>Godspeed
The "Powers and abilities" section on Wikipedia reads like written by a hyperventilating ten year old.

What about the league of Evil Supermen that DC keeps jamming down our throats.
The conceit that Superman is just "one bad day" from becoming mega-Stalin or most laughably, the leader of a crime syndicate?

lel

Reminds me of a version of the Lethal legion that appeared in West Coast Avengers, were all the costumed villains were the souls of real life historical criminals brough to life or some shit.
You had Stalin, Himmler, Lucreazia Borgia and Lizzie Borden.

Jack Kirby didn't like Nazis.

Oh yeah thats pretty bad. At leasts its not mainline, but DC really needs to get more imaginative for their elseworlds that are doing the whole "Superheroes fighting eachother" stuff.

I always thought that Batman would be the one more likely to slip into authoritarianism. He makes the NSA look like the ACLU.

While Aquaman's entire rogues gallery is shit (yes, including his meme-villain Scuba Negro), I have a special hatred for this concept.

And this guy is one of Aquaman's top 5 rogues.
It's like the creative well ran dry on Aquaman after 12 issues, and the whole thing just coasted along til tenure set in.
"I know, let's give Aquaman his OWN 5th dimensional imp!" "Brilliant!"

>especially considering Hitler was no strategist.
This, Hitler would actually make a terrible super-villain. Charisma was all he had, his track record with making good military decisions is terrible. And looking at things from a purely pragmatic perspective, the Holocaust was a huge waste of resources, labor and manpower.

Eddie Brock.
You know it's true.

>Be respected reporter investigating Sin-Eater
>A guy called Emil Gregg claims to be the Sin-Eater and you interview him
>You want to verify things first, but your bosses pressure you to publish it
>Turns out Emil was a crazy compulsive confessor that even fooled the cops, mostly because he dressed up like the Sin-Eater and tried to kill Jameson, can't really blame them
>Spider-Man catches and arrests the real Sin-Eater, who turns out to be Emil's neighbor
>Because this is a fictional universe and not the real world, Eddie Brock gets fired in disgrace
>Apparently only tabloids will hire him now, and his wife divorces him
>Eddie doesn't blame his bosses for firing him for stupid reasons
>Eddie doesn't blame Emil Gregg for giving him the bogus story in the first place
>Eddie doesn't blame Stanley Carter, the real Sin-Eater
>Eddie blames Spider-Man, the man who caught the real Sin-Eater, because according to him if he hadn't done it Stanley would have just stopped killing people and nobody would have ever discovered the truth. Because of this he thinks that Spider-Man is EVIL.

Seriously, he has one of the worst motivations for hating the hero I've ever seen

What about Ocean Master?

Often done shit, but as a concept I think he's top tier.

Yet poor choice-making and ridiculous resource wasting are both hallmarks of classic comic book villainy.
These are the same guys who will try to find a convoluted themed method of slowly killing Batman rather than just putting a .45 round in his noggin.

"My half-brother is an evil wizard who throws zaps" isn't exactly a stunning concept.
But it's good enough to make it into Aquaman's #2 villain slot, for what that's worth.

The only major DC hero I can think of with a Rogue's Gallery as shitty as Aquaman's is Green Arrow. Which they've tried to fix with Slade.

Borgia wasn't even a criminal and her reputation was 90% slander from her political enemies.

>The two women maybe killed ten people between the two of them
Surely they were paid the same as the male sociopaths though right?

I didnĀ“t know that antifa based their appearance on a comic book character

man that makes them look like even bigger losers

Deathstroke's origin/motivation in the 80's Teen Titans book is just as bad.
>My son who I never really knew or loved got killed doing something at the behest of people I already hate
>I know, I'll blame the Titans, because of some weird "Mercenary code" bullshit that means I have to take on my son's last mission? what?

>one of the greatest monsters in history
>the lackey of one of the greatest monsters in history
>one of the most controversial political figures in history
>some bitch who murdered her parents and got away with it

It reminds me of an old Legion of Superheroes story where a bad guy switches the minds of Superboy, Mon-El and Ultra Boy with "history's most evil criminals": Adolf Hitler, Emperor Nero...and John Dillinger for some fucking reason.

The thing is, he never specifically ordered it. He applied his social darwinism to his leadership style, essentially leaving his subordinates them to figure things out for themselves and struggle for power amongs't each other. He just told Eichmann to find a way to get the Jews out of Germany, and Eichmann engineered the holocaust.

I think you're oversimplifying it.

"My Half brother, a pureblooded Atlantean, a pretender to my throne with the backing of a significant number of the population, greater knowladge of the internal affairs of state that could always cause a civil war, or simply a coup."

Though often reduced to evil wizard.

Fine. "my treacherous wizard half-brother". Happy? He's a bargain-bin Loki at his best.
Loki at least created some other cool villains for Thor to battle. Ocean Master had what? Sea Monsters.
How
Incredibly
Original

>>Because this is a fictional universe and not the real world, Eddie Brock gets fired in disgrace
I'd never really thought of that. In the real world journalists do screw-ups like that all the time and usually won't get fired. In some cases they're even rewarded.

The problem is that an evil Batman would be annihilated in under 30 seconds. At least the powered superheroes stand a chance of maintaining their evil in the long term.

Wolfenstein made robohitler work.

Hatemonger and most of the first half of FF was pretty lame though

Wouldn't an evil Batman just neutralize every superhero before doing anything else? Justice League AWOL plan and such.

No, it would just take intelligent writing.

Batman would likely find a lot of allies. Superman himself for one.

I always thought the best way to do a DC "civil war" would be with the League becoming increasingly controlling.

If you replace the words in every speech bubble in a Flash comic with speed it still makes sense

He wasn't ignorant about what was going on either, and as fuhrer he held supreme power.

If he wanted it stopped, it would have stopped; he wanted it to continue. Whether he explicitly planned it is immaterial; he was complicit in the order which began it and complicit in its continuance.

The idea of a ragey, incompetent ghost floating around taking over bodies of similarly ragey, incompetent men and getting beat up by guys in pajamas is kind of fun.

Notice that those plans failed for several decades (until the plot armour kicked in for that jokerized league) and are entirely dependent upon everyone refusing to maim,kill , or do an escalation of force so that he can't possibly survive the attack(eg Just eliminate the continent Batman is on.)

There's also the bigger problem that all of the threats to Earth won't stop happening so if he actually succeeds at getting all of the people that would stop him incapacitated he has no forces to stop an alien invasion with.

Bruce can't even properly handle Gotham City. He is in no way capable of maintaining his authoritarian control issues over the entire planet.

Lastly he is still a normal human so easily anyone can get a lucky shot in an win. Eg when Bruce was all cocky about how he was the batgod and could therefore never lose Alfred hired some goons to beat humility into him.

Hate Monger was a neat concept, but I would've preferred it to have been revealed as Red Skull or Strucker.

Or Alfred himself gives him a smack accross the face.

which one of the LOSH got the 12 inch cock

>Alfred hired some goons to beat humility into him
oh god please storytime this, it needs to bookend The Butlering

> Now and forever, I am JONAH JAMESON!

...you know, Batista would've made for a great Absorbing Man.

Hey fuck you man, Fisherman's had some good stories

...I'm gonna call you out on this one, not because I don't believe it's possible, but because I'm legitimately curious.

namely his first appearance, give me a bit and ill see if i can find a torrent to storytime it

and cant find a torrent, but Read comics Online has it at least
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Aquaman-1962/Issue-21?id=38695

this whole run is really underrated but very good, i recommend checking out more if you like it (Metal Men too).

thank you johns morrison

Only a few pages in and I'm greeted by Aquaman just kicking Aqualad in the ass for mocking him.

Thanks for sharing this.

But that's just with Batman's no kill rule in effect, right? Wouldn't an evil Batman be some kind of uber genocidal maniac? He would have probably already let some magic kryptonite explosives secretly implanted into everyone.

kek, what?

all good dude, hope you enjoy the rest

Only partially since it goes both ways. Batman survives alot of league battles because he not the biggest immediate threat compared to something like Superman and as such can fly roughly under the radar.
He has to not get discovered by anyone including people that can just magic up a scrying spell to discover who is messing with everything as any public rulership by an evil batman means everyone knows whom to kill after the initial evil empire is created.
Then he has to be able to defend against any threat that pops up when a great many beings that can end his regime if they so chose have long flew under the radar. Without the influence of Superman to make these people decide to adhere to no killing rules his job against insurgents gets tougher. Then Blue Beetle(Scarab edition) pops up as he killed off all the heroes too early and jaded by the tyranny of the Batman regime he decides to use attacks with theological implications upon the Batcastle. This is just one example. He'd have to constantly be on top of new metahumans that pop up when there are already thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands already living on earth.
Lex Luthor has to not be offended at being outdone and while Lex has personality flaws that can be exploited Batman is not remotely at the same level of intelligence so it is not a war he can win.
Then the Joker shows up. I don't care if he was dead. We saw in an elseworld that he'd just come back as a demonic entity for laughs.
Things just wouldn't go well for Batsy.

This is why the felt the need to later add that "the symbiote keeps my cancer at bay, but I know that deep down it likes Spider-Man more and could abandon me to die from it in favor of him at any moment"-induced insanity stuff.

>dude had an autistic with obsession with erasers and erasing things
>one day thought that since erasers helped him erase his paperwork mistakes they could help him become a successful mobster
>Became The Eraser, the "uncatchable" mob boss who could erase all evidence from crime scenes to hide his tracks
>he literally dresses up like a giant pencil with a working eraser on the top of his head

The Eraser is so stupid but I can't help but love him. I like his design and I feel like he could be a legitimate villain if he was re-worked a bit. The idea of a villain who could perfectly hide/remove all traces of himself sounds neat.

>Wouldn't an evil Batman be some kind of uber genocidal maniac?

Fuck no. Imagine him going full judge dred, with a squad of bat goons giving extrajudicial beatings at random to scare people into not committing crimes.

Think soviets or Mao's China. There's a hell of a lot that a violent motherfucker with no sense of privacy, boundaries, or respect for the law can do without killing.

The best part is that AXIS: Carnage implies that Emil actually WAS the original Sin-Eater and Carter was a copycat.

While I understand Dillinger, it's still weird they didn't use someone like Al Capone.

Wasn't he revealed to be controlled by an alien parasite or something?

There's already been an alternate-universe Batman that started breaking his no-kill rule. He took out almost all the DC villains in his universe.

>lowqualityb8.bmp

That doesn't apply to an evil batman that started taking his authoritarian leanings too far.
There's a big difference between sneaking up on a bunch of people that are doing their damndest to not be publicly seen in between crimes then assassinating them and taking over the world in a fascist rule.

When talking about an evil batman noone (except apparently you) is thinking about a man executing dangerous mass murderers that escape state custody (that is arguably morally justifiable given the severity of their crimes) whom many heroes upon discovering siad actions may not actually want to prevent.

If you were referencing his ability to mass murder powered individuals then once again I must point out that these were people noone cared about going missing or dying and the crime could go undiscovered for months if not years at a time. You can't pull the same level of assassinations on superheroes and expect noone to notice within 24 hours.
So on both fronts I'm kind of baffled at how you think that has relevance to how long an authoritarian fascist Batman could openly maintain something via using actions he did in secret that noone could be bothered to stop as justification. The skillsets used for sucess between BatFrank and Judge Bats do not really overlap.

t.Lucretia Borgia

But then you'd miss on such wonderful words like "time-traveling boomerangs" and "atomic banana peel"

who fisherman? no that was the second one i think, never read anything with that one though.